Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I mean, MJ still got work after the allegations.

Who knows.

I did just read that the victim would have had to filed charges within 5 years of turning 18 under New York state law.  I know it's just one allegation so far, but until House of Cards, wasn't his career winding down as far as major roles?  He played a small part in Horrible Bosses in 2011, and HoC started in 2013, then he was in Baby Driver.  

Given his age of 58 and this, his career should be over for good.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Surly his career is over right?  I mean, no company in their right mind would take the risk/gamble of working with someone that has been accused of sexual assault on a minor would they?

Bro, Roman Polanski was convicted of rape and is still in demand. Bryan Singer has similar allegations about him. And of course Woody Allen, the pedophile he is still working.

Spacey will find work if he wants it

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

So, the smear campaign has begun against Rose. 

I wouldn't call it an organized smear campaign.  More like a feeding frenzy.  Anyone involved is going to get examined with a fine toothed comb and treated like crap.  

Another reason why women keep quiet when this crap happens.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Predicto said:

I wouldn't call it an organized smear campaign.  More like a feeding frenzy.  Anyone involved is going to get examined with a fine toothed comb and treated like crap.  

Meh, I'll need some proof that the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Department , who found the alleged drugs in McGowan's bag, are somehow tied to a grand conspiracy to silence her.  They issued a warrant for her on February 1, way before all this sexual harassment news came out.  Nobody knew about it until McGowan herself mentioned it just yesterday on social media.

• Like 1

Just now, Predicto said:

Exactly - just the beginning of a boldfaced, blatant backlash. I've already seen it on the internet's dregs (i.e. screenshots of alt-right and MRA forums) but the link between there and the "mainstream" is getting shorter and shorter. 

17 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

So, the smear campaign has begun against Rose. 

The warrant was issued Feb. 1st though and she was in possession of illegal narcotics.  Seems separate to me.  Now, if all the sudden there was a warrant issued say on Oct. 28th, sure, I'd agree it could be a smear campaign.  

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Maybe, as a society, we should stop rooting for each other’s downfall.

Blasphemy!

What joy would be left in life if we are denied our god given right to schadenfreude. As Redskins fans, the only thing we can take comfort in is the misery of others...like crackheads...and Browns fans.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Meh, I'll need some proof that the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Department , who found the alleged drugs in McGowan's bag, are somehow tied to a grand conspiracy to silence her.  They issued a warrant for her on February 1, way before all this sexual harassment news came out.  Nobody knew about it until McGowan herself mentioned it just yesterday on social media.

I agree completely.

I don't think her luggage testing positive for drugs is a smear campaign.

Nor do I believe that this should silence her advocacy on the work around stopping the predators in Hollywood.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

I had no idea that McGowan was the one who brought it up.  My bad.

Edited by Predicto

31 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

We'll see what happens next with this, but looks like Netflix/MRC are going through the motions with this suspending production to appease the public for now.  

I suspect the dam is about to burst and more allegations against Spacey are coming out. May be Netflix getting ahead. 

They shouldnt cancel House of Cards. Robin Wright is good enough to carry the show.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I agree completely.

I don't think her luggage testing positive for drugs is a smear campaign.

Nor do I believe that this should silence her advocacy on the work around stopping the predators in Hollywood.

Agree on both points.