Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

4 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Ive known good people raised by bad parenting. I’ve known bad people raised by loving parents. How many of us

know siblings who were raised by the same parents but turn out completely different?

Parents only have so much influence…. Children don’t live in a bubble/vacuum. They have many influences beyond their parents.

I don’t give parents too much credit or blame for their children.

Adults not just parents. 😉

I agree tho parents can only do so much. It does take a village n whatnot. 

• Thumb up 1

Uvalde school shooting 'hallway video' release blocked by DA, Texas says

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) on Friday said the Uvalde County District Attorney's office had decided to block the release of a 77-minute video that shows footage from the May 24 mass shooting at the Robb Elementary School.

Republican state Rep. Dustin Burrows was told in a letter this week by Texas DPS Deputy Director of Homeland Security Operations Freeman Martin that though the footage does not show children DPS has been told not to release it, Fox 7 Austin first reported. 

Burrows, chairman of the House Investigative Committee on the Robb Elementary Shooting, said he had requested a copy of the video without audio as part of a preliminary report the committee is working on. 

Click on the link for the full article

They should have left the video unedited with the children screaming in the background. That way I could set up a bot to tweet it at Republican politicians every day and it would be much more effective.  

edit Not that i would use or ever have used bots maliciously like that. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

So Matt Gaetz opposes a Mass Shooting alert system because there are too many mass shootings?

WATCH: Matt Gaetz Opposes Active Shooter Alert System, Because It’ll “Bombard Your Phone 24 Hours A Day”

Can Representative Matt Gaetz (R-FL) really think this is a good argument for his pro-gun views? He’s responding to a proposal for a system that would alert cellular phone users if there’s an active shooting in their area — but his argument seems to, instead, acknowledge just how common mass shooting events have become in modern America.

Wow. It’s true that as of the beginning of June — not even halfway into 2022 — Washington Post reported that the United States had already had more than 300 mass shootings, and those may not include every incident that would trigger an active shooter alert, since they only count events where four or more victims are injured or killed.

Still, if Gaetz thinks that warning people of active shooters in their immediate area will result in a nonstop barrage of warnings, maybe that’s not the Second Amendment argument he seems to believe it is — and instead supports the notion that the nation should start doing something to address the problem.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:25 AM, Die Hard said:

Ive known good people raised by bad parenting. I’ve known bad people raised by loving parents. How many of us

know siblings who were raised by the same parents but turn out completely different?

Oof this one hits-- we had a family with two sons a couple doors down when I was growing up.  One son passed up going to Stanford because he got a full ride to Maryland and is now a doctor.  The other one has spent most of his adult life in and out of federal prison.  He's currently locked up until 2033.

• Thanks 1

I could perhaps see it both ways. On the one hand, it seems like taking the time to check your cell phone is one of the last things you'd want to do during a firefight. After all, it could just as easily been one of the many daily calls asking to buy Officer Friendly's house for pennies on the dollar. OTOH, he may have been checking it knowing his wife was inside. Even so, the fascination with the Punisher by many in LE is more than a little troubling.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Not sure how much difference is makes (wouldn't his wife being there make him even more adamant about going in?) but figured I'd put this here.

If nothing else, it makes that lady who went in and got her own two kids even more of a badass.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

*Yawn*  ...just another day in America.

At least 3 dead after shooting at Indianapolis-area mall

At least three people are dead and two others hospitalized after a shooting at an Indianapolis-area shopping mall on Sunday.

The suspect is also dead after opening fire in the food court of the Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana, police said.

Greenwood Police Chief Jim Ison said the department received calls of an active shooter in the mall's food court at about 6:05 p.m.

The suspected shooter had a rifle with several magazines of ammunition, and he entered the food court and began shooting, Ison said.

The chief said a good Samaritan who was armed shot the gunman, who appeared to use a long gun, according to Ison. The suspect was "shot by an armed individual," Greenwood Mayor Mark Myers also said.

56 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

“Systemic failures” is doing some heavy lifting here.

I'm sure some of those officers that responded use that same excuse to their wife when they can't get their dick up, punisher logo tattoo bammas...

• Thanks 1