Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

5 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Strong Kyle Rittenhouse energy.  Did his mom drop him off too?

I see this comparison all over twitter and it strikes me as a terrible comparison.  Kyle killed white guys at a protest/riot that tried to (for various reasons) fight him.  Which most of us suspect is exactly what he wanted to happen.  He wanted to use his gun but he didn’t just go hunting random people in the streets.  He needed an excuse that would hold up in court, and he got exactly that.  

This terrorist murdered a bunch of black people buying groceries.  They didn’t do a thing to the shooter or even attempt to interact with him in anyway.  They were buying groceries and minding their own business, just like everyone reading this does all the time.  This terrorist piece of **** gunned them down simply for existing.  He found their very existence, threatening.  

This buffalo killer, is a terrorist.  The latest white supremacist to kill as many people as he could to draw attention to his evil ideology, which thanks to the internet is right now being shared.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Comparisons to Rittenhouse or others aren't really material IMO. What is, is that 90% of the country will condemn this act but 50-60% of them will still vote for the people pushing this ideology and enabling it.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Comparisons to Rittenhouse or others aren't really material IMO. What is, is that 90% of the country will condemn this act but 50-60% of them will still vote for the people pushing this ideology and enabling it.

I disagree.  I think the difference between violent people and terrorists is significant.  Gun violence is a symptom of our gun laws and easily availability of guns throughout our society.  Terrorism would exist with or without guns.  

it’s important that we take terrorism seriously because certain republicans are happily creating the framework for terrorism.  I believe this can balloon to a fascist movement.  Whites are being replaced + elections can’t be trusted, is more than enough reason for insurrection and widespread terrorism.  

• Like 5

It's 19 weeks into the year and America has already seen 198 mass shootings

The 10 people killed, and an additional three injured, make this weekend's racially motivated attack at a Buffalo, N.Y., supermarket the deadliest mass shooting of the year in the United States.

It is also the 198th mass shooting in 2022. With just over 19 weeks into the year, this averages out to about 10 such attacks a week.

The tally comes from the Gun Violence Archive, an independent data collection organization. The group defines a mass shooting as an incident in which four or more people are shot or killed, excluding the shooter. The full list of  mass shootings in 2022 can be found here.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, China said:

It's 19 weeks into the year and America has already seen 198 mass shootings

The 10 people killed, and an additional three injured, make this weekend's racially motivated attack at a Buffalo, N.Y., supermarket the deadliest mass shooting of the year in the United States.

It is also the 198th mass shooting in 2022. With just over 19 weeks into the year, this averages out to about 10 such attacks a week.

The tally comes from the Gun Violence Archive, an independent data collection organization. The group defines a mass shooting as an incident in which four or more people are shot or killed, excluding the shooter. The full list of  mass shootings in 2022 can be found here.

199. Another shooting in Houston.

The dude in buffalo actually stopped in the middle of the shooting to apologize to the white cashier and then continue on killing black people. I know he specifically targeted black folks, but it’s some how more disgusting that he had hits wits about him enough to pick and choose his targets in the middle of it. Like, he makes sure to finish off black, but otherwise random to him, people and remembers his manners in the same few minutes when looking at a white person. 

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The dude in buffalo actually stopped in the middle of the shooting to apologize to the white cashier and then continue on killing black people. I know he specifically targeted black folks, but it’s some how more disgusting that he had hits wits about him enough to pick and choose his targets in the middle of it. Like, he makes sure to finish off black, but otherwise random to him, people and remembers his manners in the same few minutes when looking at a white person. 

Sickening

Buffalo shooter targeted Black neighborhood, officials say

The white 18-year-old who fatally shot 10 people at a Buffalo supermarket researched the local demographics and arrived a day in advance to conduct reconnaissance with the intent of killing as many Black people as possible, officials said Sunday.

The racially motivated attack came a year after the gunman was taken to a hospital by State Police after making threats involving his high school, according to authorities.

He wasn’t charged with a crime and was out of the hospital within a day and a half, police said, but the revelation raised questions about his access to weapons and whether he could have been under closer supervision by law enforcement.

11 hours ago, Llevron said:

I agree...that makes my skin crawl. Not that it's any more comforting if he was just in a blind rage, but the awareness that shows is chilling. 

If the Buffalo shooter had been previously visited by police in the last year for making a threatening statement at school, perhaps they should state what that threat was. 

If it was a threat to shoot up the school...shouldn't that have factored into his being cleared for an assault rifle purchase?