Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

20 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Uvalde is 83% Hispanic. What are the odds of this being another replacement theory nut?

I doubt it (solely based on the name of the shooter which admittedly is a dangerous assumption). Allegedly shooter was a former student there...so I suspect he was just a ****nut instead. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

20 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Uvalde is 83% Hispanic. What are the odds of this being another replacement theory nut?

It will probably be a Hispanic shooter given that population, and Abbott will use it to fuel hatred for immigrants.  It’s always something other than guns, and always an opportunity to spread hatred.  

and I’m glad the shooter is dead.  I hope it was slow and he felt every damn second of it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wtf.

42 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Abbott will be out tomorrow mandating that all teachers be armed. I wouldn't be surprised....something....something.....soft targets.

My husband is an elementary school teacher. I’m thinking maybe I want him armed (even though this isn’t a real solution)

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wtf.

My husband is an elementary school teacher. I’m thinking maybe I want him armed (even though this isn’t a real solution)

This isn't the gun control thread, but I've mentioned before the need to enhance physical security of the schools to stop the shooters from getting inside the school in the first place.  Jus as many excuses not to do that as dead bodies at this point...

• Like 2

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

I absolutely understand why people feel that way, they want to protect themselves. But, it's just like you said, it's not a real solution. I don't know of a solution that will please everybody. I don't think more guns is the answer. TX is already huge on guns. You don't need a permit for a handgun and you don't need any training. I don't get how pumping more guns into an already poor situation is supposed to help. Never understood that.

I agree with what you are saying, neither of us own guns or know how to use them. I’m just saying it’s scary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What a sick event to have to witness over and over. How many children does it take to make someone do something? 

Well, I don't think its so much that someone needs to do something, its more of what are you willing to do to get your point across? There is no point in trying to debate/negotiate/reason with a republican, they will find any excuse to escape any type of responsibility. They will blame you, the victim, they'll play the victim, they'll play dumb and they'll even completely upend their moral foothold JUST so they don't have to do anything to make any changes.

They only way I've found that republicans even begin to respond to any societal issues is if (they believe) it effects them directly. Fortunately, almost all mass shooters don't lean to the left...so I guess we're on our own.

40 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wtf.

at the very least he might  be able to distract a shooter long enough for kids to get away.