Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

i just saw that new ad from the lincoln project where they go after mitch, lindsey, and a dozen or so of the top congressional trump rumplickers

it is very well done in every way and the substance is excellent, one of the best i've seen in a long time

18 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Alaska is in play. Trump won it by 15 in 2016

Whoah, that's something I didn't really see coming (or even think about...I can't remember the last time I checked Alaska's polling for a POTUS election).

10 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i just saw that new ad from the lincoln project where they go after mitch, lindsey, and a dozen or so of the top congressional trump rumplickers

it is very well done in every way and the substance is excellent, one of the best i've seen in a long time

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Whoah, that's something I didn't really see coming (or even think about...I can't remember the last time I checked Alaska's polling for a POTUS election).

There hasn't really been any quality polling for Alaska but there's been rumblings that it (the senate race--which is within 5--and the presidental race) was closer than people expected. So someone reached out to PPP to see if they would do an Alaska poll. PPP said they'd do it for $5,000 so dude started a gofundme... 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/letspollalaska

Hit the mark and PPP told them to just donate it to a charity and did the poll anyway, which is cool

40 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The significance of the Alaska polls (apart from showing what terrible shape Trump is in generally) is that there is a Senate race that could end up being competitive. It's a bit of a long shot at the moment, but one to keep an eye on potentially. 

They polled the senate race as well

As well as a congressional race there where the Democrat-backed independent is up on the Republican incumbent

1 minute ago, DoneMessedUp said:

They polled the senate race as well

Yeah, there was some word that internal D polling had Gross ahead there.

The problem with that poll is the ridiculous number of undecideds. Generally, if you have an inordinate number of undecided voters in a heavily Republican state, you expect those voters to gravitate towards the R candidate by the end. It's the reason a lot of people don't think Lindsey Graham (or Lady G) is in real trouble in his re-election, even though some of the polls have him behind.

Again, I think the Alaska race is a long shot for now, but worth keeping a bit of an eye on.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, there was some word that internal D polling had Gross ahead there.

The problem with that poll is the ridiculous number of undecideds. Generally, if you have an inordinate number of undecided voters in a heavily Republican state, you expect those voters to gravitate towards the R candidate by the end. It's the reason a lot of people don't think Lindsey Graham (or Lady G) is in real trouble in his re-election, even though some of the polls have him behind.

Again, I think the Alaska race is a long shot for now, but worth keeping a bit of an eye on.

I'm genuinely curious as to what the Trump effect will be there when it comes to undecideds. You're right that generally in a red state with lots of undecideds they'll usually break for the Republican (and vice versa), but I'm wondering how much of their Republican population is made up of full on Trumpers vs more traditional or moderate Republicans.

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

I'm genuinely curious as to what the Trump effect will be there when it comes to undecideds. You're right that generally in a red state with lots of undecideds they'll usually break for the Republican (and vice versa), but I'm wondering how much of their Republican population is made up of full on Trumpers vs more traditional or moderate Republicans.

It's a really good question. I wonder if the down ballot effect might not be the opposite of what we'd expect, to an extent. In other words, people in a red state might be tired of Trump specifically, but not want to vote for not only a Democratic President, but give him a D Senate and House. I am a bit skeptical about how many traditional R voter are going to vote an entirely blue ticket, especially when their grievances are targeted at Trump in particular. 

Next time Biden gives a speech in what appears to be a large empty space, as he is right now, his campaign needs to pick one without so many birds in it.  It sounds like he’s speaking to us from the bird house at the zoo.  Very distracting.

Archived