Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

21 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:
I often wonder this about Trump supporters- are they actually proud to vote for someone who thinks they are all so ludicrously stupid that they will believe nonsense like this? 

Trump's not talking them.

He's just trolling you for a response.  (not you specifically)

45 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Trump's not talking them.

He's just trolling you for a response.  (not you specifically)

Completely disagree. He's not saying crazily stupid things, a great deal of the the time to gatherings of his idiot supporters, so that those supporters will ignore it and other people who don't like him will notice how dumb he is. That's kinda nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Completely disagree. He's not saying crazily stupid things, a great deal of the the time to gatherings of his idiot supporters, so that those supporters will ignore it and other people who don't like him will notice how dumb he is. That's kinda nonsense. 

His supporters don't read Time magazine or care. 

Again, look at your response to what Trump says. That's all they're looking for. 

Crazily stupid. Idiot supporters. Etc.etc etc.

That's what they want and they can't wait to throw it in your face again if Trump wins in November.

4 minutes ago, Mooka said:

His supporters don't read Time magazine or care. 

Again, look at your response to what Trump says. That's all they're looking for. 

Crazily stupid. Idiot supporters. Etc.etc etc.

That's what they want and they can't wait to throw it in your face again if Trump wins in November.

I'm sorry, but this is just silliness. 

First, it has nothing to do with how many of them "read Time", in fact it's the opposite. Anyone who reads Time knows that what he's saying is babbling lunacy. He's telling his supporters how bad the media is and how he's snubbing them by not playing their "game". 

Secondly, you said he's not talking to "them" but somehow it's designed so "they" can throw it the rest of our faces when he wins? How does that make sense?

Finally, maybe you don't deal with a lot of Trump supporters or you completely ignore polls on what they believe. But they certainly do buy this type of nonsense. That's why Trump keeps telling them stuff like this. That windmills cause cancer and that Barack Obama is a Kenyan muslim and that millions of illegal immigrants vote in every election. 

But your theory is that when he says that stuff he doesn't want to the millions of followers who believe it to listen to it, but is instead aiming it at the rest of us who know better? Nah, that theory doesn't pass any kind of smell test. 

Secondly, you said he's not talking to "them" but somehow it's designed so "they" can throw it the rest of our faces when he wins? How does that make sense?

You're talking about what Trump says specifically as if it matters. (he spews nothing but bull****) 

I'm talking about the response he automatically gets from you after he says it.    (not you specifically)

So to rally his base, all he needs to do is say something dumb, because you'll automatically call his base dumb. Or ask how anyone could vote for this guy. Or whatever.

Finally, maybe you don't deal with a lot of Trump supporters or you completely ignore polls on what they believe.

I live in Wyoming and I'd say the exact same thing to you. You don't seem to understand your average Trump supporter. 

Trump supporters vote Trump because they can and it bothers you.  

If you think its more then that you're giving them too much credit. 

I'm not going to keep going with this discussion because it's silly, at best.

Again, he's saying things like I quoted where he attacks the press with a nonsense story, which is exactly the stuff his supporters believe. You're literally claiming he isn't saying it to them, he's saying it to rile up people who know how stupid and laughable it is.

There's a word for an argument like that, let me think on what it could be...

source.gif

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the Bernie numbers. I figured there would be more butthurt Bernie Bros, but I guess the allure of getting rid of Mango Mussolini has been enough to get them to come to their senses, even if only briefly. 

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the Bernie numbers. I figured there would be more butthurt Bernie Bros, but I guess the allure of getting rid of Mango Mussolini has been enough to get them to come to their senses, even if only briefly. 

Debasing themselves with the Tara Reade nonsense brought them perilously close to MAGA territory.  They needed to take a long look in the mirror...and they did.

Proud of em!

Just because they vote for or support Biden doesn't mean they like him or are happy with him or the party. 

On the other hand, I suppose we could say that what we've all been reading online isn't exactly representative of Bernie's supporters in general.  

14 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

**** Hogan. Making people take extra steps is a dick move. Maybe hopes of being the Republican nominee got him taking the official party position.

Hogan has changed drastically over the last two weeks. All of a sudden he's towing the party line hardcore. Telling Baltimore to crack down to protect statues, pushing huge cuts...I wonder if his new book has something to do with it as well. His recent success and leadership is at odds with releasing and profiting off a book during this pandemic and unemployment.

More info from the article:

"He said on the “C4 Show” on WBAL-AM on Wednesday that a “normal” election would resolve problems Maryland had in the June 2 primary, which was mostly a vote-by-mail format in which ballots were automatically sent to 4 million eligible voters choosing nominees for offices such as president and mayor of Baltimore. Some voters said they didn’t receive ballots in time, and there were long lines at in-person voting centers and at ballot drop boxes on primary day.

“We’re very frustrated with the way the election was handled in the primary by the State Board of Elections and the city board of elections,” Hogan said. “Mistakes were definitely made, and it was unacceptable and inexcusable that they screwed up so much with respect to getting the ballots out on time and getting them out to everybody.”"

“People will assume they are ballots and set them aside, and by the time they open it and realize it’s an application, it may be too late,” Cruice said.

Another voting rights advocate said Hogan’s decision will sow “chaos” in November and muddle crucial messaging needed to help voters participate.

Requiring voters to fill out an application for a mailed ballot creates a hurdle voters didn’t face during the primary, said Joanne Antoine, executive director of Common Cause Maryland. She said that when the District of Columbia tried this approach for its primary, many voters didn’t receive a ballot. For the fall election, the District plans to mail a ballot to every voter."

The appointed Maryland State Board of Elections issued a brief statement saying it will follow Hogan’s orders.

“The board will move forward with plans for a traditional general election on November 3rd and will expand efforts to promote voting by mail, early voting, and voting at off-peak times,” the statement said. “The board will continue to work closely with local boards of elections, stakeholders and the general public to conduct a safe and accessible general election.”

“This will be the largest mobilization of public investments in procurement, infrastructure and R&D since World War II -- and that’s just a part of the plan,” said Jake Sullivan, a top policy adviser.

“Biden wants to get to the same place that many to his left want to get to but he firmly believes that it will take an incremental path to get there and that you can’t leapfrog the political reality that he has come to know in many decades in politics,” said Jared Bernstein, who is advising the campaign after serving as Biden’s chief economic adviser in the vice president’s office.

Biden’s proposals will hit some of the areas that are often discussed by both the right and left, including efforts to spur manufacturing and to encourage innovation.

“So his destination on many key issues, particularly on the economy and health care, is very similar to the further left but his path to get there is going to be more incremental,” Bernstein said.

Biden’s plans draw some from his Democratic primary opponents’ ideas, including a version of Elizabeth Warren’s proposal to use the federal procurement process to buy American-made products, two people briefed on Biden’s proposals said. But while Warren’s proposal focused on clean energy, Biden’s is wider and aimed at broadly stimulating the economy.

The kind of items that might be purchased using the proposed $400 billion over four years would include clean vehicles and clean energy; materials to plan for a future public health crisis such as ventilators and masks; materials for infrastructure projects such as steel, concrete and equipment; and telecommunications.

A promise to rebuild the American middle class has been at the core of Biden’s campaign, and was criticized for being too incremental while candidates like Warren and Bernie Sanders pitched “big structural change.” But as the coronavirus pandemic has dragged down the economy, Biden has suggested there’s a need for bigger change and that voters will have the appetite for it.

39 minutes ago, visionary said:

One of the interesting things about Trump is that he's so awful and casts such a huge shadow that some really horrible, scummy people in his administration don't get the kind of attention they deserve for the level of scum they are. Betsy DeVos is definitely one of those. 

Archived