Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Tom Cruise?

Not a fan of it

But I'd love to have Samuel L. Jackson running for it. Can already imagine him doing his famous stare on Donald. Would be priceless.

Samuel Jackson would call him the n word and ask him he can read. I’m here for it. 

On the same CNN show I guess Duckworth made some waves saying we should be open to discussion of removing statues of founding fathers. Biden so far seems to be smart in his answers on the issue, but Trump and Co appear to not be running so much against Biden as they are against the rest of the Dems who they claim would roll Joe. The overreach on this is going to lead to four more years of DJT, just watch.

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/07/05/tammy-duckworth-listen-argument-tearing-statues-george-washington/

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

Samuel Jackson would call him the n word and ask him he can read. I’m here for it. 

I can see in my head the two of them in a debate with Trump sputtering out his usual nonsense and Samuel Jackson interrupting him...

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

On the same CNN show I guess Duckworth made some waves saying we should be open to discussion of removing statues of founding fathers. Biden so far seems to be smart in his answers on the issue, but Trump and Co appear to not be running so much against Biden as they are against the rest of the Dems who they claim would roll Joe. The overreach on this is going to lead to four more years of DJT, just watch.

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/07/05/tammy-duckworth-listen-argument-tearing-statues-george-washington/

Given how the polling is trending and how Trump is now doubling and tripling down on what hes already been doing, which is what has been instrumental in causing his numbers to plummet, that would have to be a SERIOUS backlash at perceived overreach. I think this is a bit of hyperventilating to be honest, over something that's not a widely held view and is unlikely to gain much traction and get a ton of attention. 

As for Trump and Co, they aren't organized (or smart) enough to lay out a comprehensive narrative that Biden would be beholden to the far left and steadily and meticulously craft that narrative in a way that would be able to penetrate many Americans and get them to overlook Trump himself. And even if Trump DID have the people who could architect and build that sort of narrative, he wouldn't be willing or able to follow their instructions and would lose interest/attention after a while so it would just fizzle like everything else they've halfheartedly tried (Obamagate, Biden/Burisma/Ukraine, Biden is senile, etc).

If recent events tell us anything, is that Trump and Co are simply going straight back to the well with a vengeance: pouring gasoline on the flames of white resentment and grievance with racist language and apocalyptic pronouncements about "their/our" heritage and country being overrun and taken from them. Only this time he's not telling them it's the dark skinned people from other "****hole countries" that is the danger, but it's other Americans who are threatening their world.

Trump has painted himself into a corner and basically has nothing else now other than trying to get every last older non-college educated white vote he possibly can. He's not even pretending to try and bring other voters into the tent anymore. I think we're going to continue to see more and more of this down the stretch. He simply has nowhere else to go because even the polling shows that he has not only completely alienated pretty much all other voting demographics, but that he's also hemorrhaging support from blocs that he had before.

If Cheeto only watch OANN and Newsmax; than how does he know what's said on FOX,CNN,MSNBC and the other networks.

Only 4 months to go. I firmly believe that if everyone who wants to vote in this election, is able to; Biden wins.  I fully expect all the Trump voters of 2016 to eventually fall back in line, which will tighten things up.  Thing is, everything Trump is doing,  is to get those voters excited to vote for him again.  I don't see an increase of voters rushing to vote for Trump.

Now the question is, will Biden get more voters, in the key electoral states to win the EC.  Polling looks great now but the election isn't today.  Trump and the GOP is going to do everything to dampen the Democratic vote.    His strategy is 3 fold.   Get his base excited to come out to vote for him again, especially with many wavering on voting for him again.  Then get enough Democrats not excited to vote for Joe and decide not to vote for Joe.  Either going 3rd party or staying home.  Finally, suppress enough Democrat votes thru various voter suppression techniques. 

Trump isn't getting any new voters and the only way he wins with the voters he has, is if they keep Democratic voting down; in the states the Dems need to win.  If they do that, then yes, Trump wins.   I think Duckworth killed her veep chances.  Joe is going to go with the more safer choice.  If people are able to vote, I think Joe wins; even if it's a close electoral win.

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump isn't getting any new voters and the only way he wins with the voters he has, is if they keep Democratic voting down; in the states the Dems need to win.  If they do that, then yes, Trump wins.   I think Duckworth killed her veep chances.  Joe is going to go with the more safer choice.  If people are able to vote, I think Joe wins; even if it's a close electoral win.

You're spot on.  As it often does, it's going to come down to Florida.  If Biden can pull of a win in Florida, where he is currently pulling ahead a little bit, then there is virtually no electoral college path to victory for Trump, unless he is able to pull of winning the entire mid-west again, which Hillary just blatantly ignored because she thought she had it won. She never actually visited Michigan.  I mean, how dumb can you get? 

There are 2 things which really give me hope:

1. Trump is a motivating force for EVERYONE.  The GOP might try to suppress the vote, but after 4 years of this circus, it feels like some folks who have been somewhat disengaged from the political process are now engaged, and they want Trump gone.  So even if there is a really good voter suppression strategy, it might not be enough. Trump is not only energizing his base, but every time he opens his mouth, he energizes the democratic base as well.  

2. There were 3 things working against Hillary:  a. Clinton Fatigue in general, and a very strong dislike of Hillary herself by not only GOP, but democrats and independents. B. Gender Bias, C. She ran a rotten campaign, and was a terrible candidate. 

My hope is the Democrat brain trust has learned from losing the un-loseable election, and can shore up Pennsylvania, Michigan and the other great lake states which were formerly known as "the blue wall."  That really should be the easy part.  

The hard part is going to be winning Florida.  But if Biden pulls that off, he wins the presidency.  If I were him, I would camp out in middle Florida, Tamp and Orlando, and never leave.  (that's an exaggeration, but it's not that far off)  The idiot governor is going to try and do everything he can for Trump, so it's imperative the democrats just pound the heck out of the state. There are pathways to victory for Biden if he loses Florida, but the math becomes REALLY a lot easier if he grabs Florida.  

The democrats have 183 "solid" electoral votes, the majority coming from New York (29) and California (55) and Illinois (20).  To the "solid" blue states, if they just toss in PA and FL, they win.  

Hell, if there was a female, popular, somewhat moderate democrat from Florida, I would grab her as a running mate immediately.  (I don't think there is, but we'll see.)

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You're spot on.  As it often does, it's going to come down to Florida.  If Biden can pull of a win in Florida, where he is currently pulling ahead a little bit, then there is virtually no electoral college path to victory for Trump, unless he is able to pull of winning the entire mid-west again, which Hillary just blatantly ignored because she thought she had it won. She never actually visited Michigan.  I mean, how dumb can you get? 

The hard part is going to be winning Florida.  But if Biden pulls that off, he wins the presidency.  If I were him, I would camp out in middle Florida, Tamp and Orlando, and never leave.  (that's an exaggeration, but it's not that far off)  The idiot governor is going to try and do everything he can for Trump, so it's imperative the democrats just pound the heck out of the state. There are pathways to victory for Biden if he loses Florida, but the math becomes REALLY a lot easier if he grabs Florida.  

The democrats have 183 "solid" electoral votes, the majority coming from New York (29) and California (55) and Illinois (20).  To the "solid" blue states, if they just toss in PA and FL, they win.  

Hell, if there was a female, popular, somewhat moderate democrat from Florida, I would grab her as a running mate immediately.  (I don't think there is, but we'll see.)

If Joe can win Florida and Arizona, he doesn't even need to even flip back the midwest states.

I think Trump is going to dump Pence.  I can see Ron Desantis as his new veep, in his attempt to win Florida again.  Or maybe he picks Senator Rick Scott.

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Val Demmings, AA, impeachment manager, has the district that includes Orlando. She's my preference. 

After the weekend Don had, and his morning going after Bubba Wallace and NASCAR. I don't know if Biden could do anything but hurt himself by sharing a stage with him for debates.

I might put in a stipulation that Don would never meet before doing it. Like releasing the same amount of years of taxes going back as Joe will do. Prove he wasn't stealing from America while the average tax payer wasn't. 

Archived