Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I remember the last election (2016), when there was a lot of indecision because neither candidate was particularly desirable. Hillary had her baggage and she isn’t all that likeable.

But there isn’t really an excuse this time. Biden isn’t perfect - because such a candidate doesn’t truly exist - but there isn’t even a comparison this time around.

I just don’t get the indecision. This should be a slam dunk.

15 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I remember the last election (2016), when there was a lot of indecision because neither candidate was particularly desirable. Hillary had her baggage and she isn’t all that likeable.

But there isn’t really an excuse this time. Biden isn’t perfect - because such a candidate doesn’t truly exist - but there isn’t even a comparison this time around.

There was no reason for it last time, either. I had no love for Hillary, in fact spent a good deal of time, money and effort in trying to deny her the nomination TWICE. Yet, with all that, there was no debate about how much worse Trump would be than her. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Biden consistently getting 50% and above in polls is probably freaking the GOP out. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07/trump-despondent-as-numbers-crater-loser-label-looms

A Republican strategist close to Mitch McConnell told me that Republicans have Labor Day penciled in as the deadline for Trump to have turned things around. After that, he’s on his own.

The GOP "leaving Trump on his own" is something I'll have to see to believe. Even with terrible polling numbers I can't imagine the party would turn on him until he actually loses.

They'd spend the 2 months leading up to the election distancing themselves from Trump after spending the previous 4 years kissing his ass? That really going to be helpful down ballot?

5 minutes ago, clietas said:

The GOP "leaving Trump on his own" is something I'll have to see to believe. Even with terrible polling numbers I can't imagine the party would turn on him until he actually loses.

They'd spend the 2 months leading up to the election distancing themselves from Trump after spending the previous 4 years kissing his ass? That really going to be helpful down ballot?

"Leaving him on his own" is obviously open to some interpretation. What it likely means is that you'd see less candidates doing dual events with him and more ads from people claiming to be "independent voices" as such rather than touting advancing the Trump 'agenda'. Things along those lines. No Republican is going to be actively attacking him, though it might mean if some rogue challenger did decide to do that, the party wouldn't;t try to stop them from it.

And yeah, they're not going to be able to wipe away the Trumpian stench. This would be an act of desperation. 

14 minutes ago, clietas said:

Yeah I was just about to say "I'll believe it when I see it". I could maybe see one or two GOP Senators who are in danger of losing their seats breaking with Trump and saying they won't support his reelection (Murkowski has already said she's "struggling" with whether to back Trump's reelection or not), but I think those would basically be hail mary passes when they're down badly and the election is getting close.

At most I could see many Republican lawmakers simply refusing to talk about Trump one way or the other and just saying stuff like "I'm currently focused on my own election and those of my Senate colleagues at the moment so I have no comment on <insert racist/sexist/moronic thing Trump recently did or said>"

But to be honest, I don't even want them turning on Trump. I want them absolutely wiped out for supporting him for so long. I want that albatross around their necks for the rest of their lives, let along political careers. **** you if you want to support that disgusting piece of **** for almost 4 years and then suddenly try and pretend like he was never your guy right near the end because his polling numbers are **** and it could be sinking your election.

We should NEVER let them forget that ****.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

But to be honest, I don't even want them turning on Trump. I want them absolutely wiped out for supporting him for so long. I want that albatross around their necks for the rest of their lives, let along political careers. **** you if you want to support that disgusting piece of **** for almost 4 years and then suddenly try and pretend like he was never your guy right near the end because his polling numbers are **** and it could be sinking your election.

We should NEVER let them forget that ****.

Is that you, Aldo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_h40-aoRjc

4 hours ago, Die Hard said:

You're right, but here in America we have a mountain of half-wit intellectuals that love to shout about how "They're both the same" with no idea about how idiotic it makes them look.

31 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You're right, but here in America we have a mountain of half-wit intellectuals that love to shout about how "They're both the same" with no idea about how idiotic it makes them look.

I've said it many times- this trope of saying "They're both to blame" is one of the most destructive forces in American politics. 

4 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

"Leaving him on his own" is obviously open to some interpretation. What it likely means is that you'd see less candidates doing dual events with him and more ads from people claiming to be "independent voices" as such rather than touting advancing the Trump 'agenda'. Things along those lines. No Republican is going to be actively attacking him, though it might mean if some rogue challenger did decide to do that, the party wouldn't;t try to stop them from it.

And yeah, they're not going to be able to wipe away the Trumpian stench. This would be an act of desperation. 

The Democrats need to pound this in every election from now on, until all the co-conspirators/collaborators GOPers are defeated.  

:806::806::806:  Tucker Carlson 2024? The GOP is buzzing   :806::806::806:

>>>

Tucker Carlson’s audience is booming — and so is chatter that the popular Fox News host will parlay his TV perch into a run for president in 2024.

Republican strategists, conservative commentators, and former Trump campaign and administration officials are buzzing about Carlson as the next-generation leader of Donald Trump’s movement — with many believing he would be an immediate frontrunner in a Republican primary.<<<

14 hours ago, Die Hard said:

That's because you have a functioning brain.  There are apparently a lot of people in this country, who are eligible to vote, that do not.

I'm not sure why anyone would give Trump credit for the economy coming back. It was always going to come back to some degree no matter who was POTUS. I don't think he's actually done a single thing. The House has largely driven the train from Congress and the Fed is printing dollar bills. It's not like ****face POTUS had high level meetings and suggested policy. 

Archived