Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

I believe it gets consolidated to the dnc or something like that. Usually there’s not any left anyways lol

That's what I was thinking given so many drop out when they run out of money.

I have respect for Biden throwing a haymaker in SC, his money problems were becoming harder to hide.

Just now, bearrock said:

So what happens to earlier Buttigieg votes when tabulating the 15% threshold?  If you count them as disqualified, that seems to be a big boost to those on the cusp of 15% in CA like Biden and Warren.

Whatever delegates Pete has won, stays with him. 

Whatever early voting votes are cast for him, stays with him.

It’s too late to remove him from Tuesday’s ballots; so any votes he gets is still his.

This probably helps Biden a lot. Biden has to beat Bernie in several states that Bernie is leading in.

I"m a big Mayor Pete fan.  And this reflects so well on him. He didn't let ego get in the way of the right decision.  The DNC will remember this strategically sound, gracious move on his part.  He has solidified his future as national figure with this decision.

I will echo the comments about Pete dropping out being something that increases my respect for him.  A lot of people continue in campaigns with the idea of building infrastructure/support for the future if they decide to run again.  Dropping out once it becomes clear that you may hurt your party/constituents shows a level of selflessness that you don't see much in politics.  I think Amy should do the same thing.

I get the feeling that Warren and Bloomberg are more the, "If the citizens don't vote for me, they get what they deserve!" type of people.

5 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I will echo the comments about Pete dropping out being something that increases my respect for him.  A lot of people continue in campaigns with the idea of building infrastructure/support for the future if they decide to run again.  Dropping out once it becomes clear that you may hurt your party/constituents shows a level of selflessness that you don't see much in politics.  I think Amy should do the same thing.

I get the feeling that Warren and Bloomberg are more the, "If the citizens don't vote for me, they get what they deserve!" type of people.

It's possible that Biden would prefer Warren (California and Mass) and Amy (Minn) to stay in to keep Bernie's margin lower in some states.

Archived