Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Wife and I are hoping for a Joe/Pete ticket.  Doubt it will happen but we can wish.

I'd like that, cause I really like Pete.  Hell, he could "cut his teeth" as so many want, as the VP.

But I think it's more suitable that he pick a minority/female running mate.  Kamala Harris (not my fave) or Elizabeth Warren... or even Stacy Abrams.  I guess you could call a gay guy minority, but black people don't really see gay as equal to minority though.

It's only when someone brings up Pete's sexuality that I even remember he's gay. 

I think either he or Liz would be excellent choices for VP. Stacey wants to govern GA, we need her too badly here if we're ever gonna flip. 

I'm okay with Joe. Not enthusiastic, but okay. 

I find the entire state of the primary at this point interesting 

listening to various factions of the dem party talk this morning provides lots of political humor. It’s interesting how advocates for minority groups talk and what they get away with and what just has to be accepted/allowed

As far as selecting a Veep based on the Veep's demographics, (a practice I loathe.  Thought we were supposed to race and everything-neutral, here.  How much more blatant than "He needs a female Hspanic Veep from the central time zone" can we get?), an observation I read:  

When Donald Trump took the oath of office, he was the oldest person in US history to ever do so.  

If Liz, Bernie, or Joe win the White House, every one of them will break Trump's record.  

Pete does not.  

And I really like the mental image of him as the backup QB, getting groomed to step in.  

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

And I really like the mental image of him as the backup QB, getting groomed to step in. 

That's my thought also.  And I'd like, but not require, a handshake agreement between the two that Biden will only do one term with Pete running in 2024.

@Springfield

all he’s ever run are failed campaigns and this current campaign, which best i can tell is founded on “black people like me because I was Obama’s vp”

and if I recall his claim to fame as vp was as that guy that is best off keeping his mouth shut and being the guy we brought in to fill the foreign policy resume gap behind the scenes 

he’s pretty much got a losers track record at this level. 

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That's my thought also.  And I'd like, but not require, a handshake agreement between the two that Biden will only do one term with Pete running in 2024.

Now, pleasant mental fantasies aside, I also have to observe that we don't exactly have a stelar national record of veeps getting elected to replace their former boss.  Bush 1 did it, after Reagan, but who was the one before that?  Was there one?  

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

@Springfield

all he’s ever run are failed campaigns and this current campaign, which best i can tell is founded on “black people like me because I was Obama’s vp”

and if I recall his claim to fame as vp was as that guy that is best off keeping his mouth shut and being the guy we brought in to fill the foreign policy resume gap behind the scenes 

I mean, he was the guy who changed Obama’s mind on gay marriage if I recall correctly.  

He’s got a pretty distinguished career in the senate as being a hard working Everyman as well.  I respect that.

At this point, if you don’t want Trump and you don’t want Sanders then it seems like Biden is the only other option.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

At this point, if you don’t want Trump and you don’t want Sanders then it seems like Biden is the only other option.

Exactly. 

Like I said, it’s a losers campaign at this point. It’s like his previous presidential campaigns except this time he can name drop Obama 

im glad he has a good track record as senator. Above that he’s got a losers record. Is what it is. 

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

Now, pleasant mental fantasies aside, I also have to observe that we don't exactly have a stelar national record of veeps getting elected to replace their former boss.  Bush 1 did it, after Reagan, but who was the one before that?  Was there one?  

Nixon off the top of my head (8 years later). *Gore should have.

Edit..Truman and Coolidge are the only other 20th century examples.

Biden and Bernie both approaching 80, my hope is VP is qualified to take over the second they have to.  That's a million times more important then where they are from or what they look like.  This is why I hope they both pick Warren, Pete is good, but hes not ready yet.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Biden and Bernie both approaching 80, my hope is VP is qualified to take over the second they have to.  That's a million times more important then where they are from or what they look like.  This is why I hope they both pick Warren, Pete is good, but hes not ready yet.

I wouldn't be ticked with Liz as Veep.  (Wouldn't be ticked with Liz as President.)  (#2 probably explains #1.)  

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

It's only when someone brings up Pete's sexuality that I even remember he's gay. 

I think either he or Liz would be excellent choices for VP. Stacey wants to govern GA, we need her too badly here if we're ever gonna flip. 

I'm okay with Joe. Not enthusiastic, but okay. 

Stacey wants to be President.  She said by 2040 she will be President.

She would jump at the chance to be veep now.

Both Bernie and Joe are likely to die in their first term.

Pete as veep would not win the nomination in 2024. He would lose to a young progressive like AOC.

Joe is so mentally out of it; his veep will have to use the 25th admendment  and remove Joe early in his first term. Like maybe in the first month.

55 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Both Bernie and Joe are likely to die in their first term.

Pete as veep would not win the nomination in 2024. He would lose to a young progressive like AOC.

Joe is so mentally out of it; his veep will have to use the 25th admendment  and remove Joe early in his first term. Like maybe in the first month.

People don't seem to be willing to use the 25th amendment when they should.

Also, Biden being a bit forgetful is preferable to a full on nut.

3 hours ago, tshile said:

@Springfield

all he’s ever run are failed campaigns and this current campaign,

3 hours ago, tshile said:

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Exactly. 

Like I said, it’s a losers campaign at this point. 

im glad he has a good track record as senator. Above that he’s got a losers record. Is what it is. 

Only 44 men have held the office in the history of the United States.  So your definition of loser is pretty broad.

2 hours ago, Larry said:

I wouldn't be ticked with Liz as Veep.  (Wouldn't be ticked with Liz as President.)  (#2 probably explains #1.)  

Well, I liked a couple of your previous posts, I guess it was good while it lasted. This one is a decisive yuck for me.

Archived