Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

23 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Only 44 men have held the office in the history of the United States.  So your definition of loser is pretty broad.

I think theres more to it than he just didn’t win president.... but ok

39 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

If Biden were to say if elected he would only serve one term and then step aside for a younger generation of Democrat leaders to step up. I think he'd land the Warren, Pete and Amy supporters. Adding in someone like Gretchen Whitmer as a runningmate. 

Nah. Only promising to serve one term makes people think you're a loser.

19 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Nah. Only promising to serve one term makes people think you're a loser.

Theodore Roosevelt did it. Granted, he meant it for when he ran at the top of the ticket and then changed his mind in 1912 and tried to get back in.

I don't see the "loser" connection. Rather, I see pragmatic. Acknowledging the Dems haven't done a good job elevating younger people to leadership positions within the party. Felt like they were headed that way with Obama. But after his 8 years, back to the same "OLD". 

Not a Pro-Biden post. Just looking for the best combination on a ticket to win 

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Based on . . . ?

Age.

Bernie had a heartattack.  The stress of the job is likely to give him another heartattack and this time probably a fatal one.

Joe is in mental decline.  It will probably deteriorate even further once he takes office. He'll probably just drop dead. 

I don't think Biden is in mental decline. He's not the most mellifluous speaker, but that's always been the case. If you listen to his town halls particularly, he has a rapid and pretty in-depth command of lots of different policy debates, very detailed and clear. Don't buy the store-bought narrative.

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Both Bernie and Joe are likely to die in their first term.

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Based on . . . ?

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Age.

Sorry, Hans, wrong guess.  Would you like to try for Double Jeopardy, where the scores can really change?  

3/3- Super Tuesday

Alabama (52)

American Samoa (6)

Arkansas (31)

California (415)

Colorado (67)

Democrats Abroad* (13)

Maine (24)

Massachusetts (91)

Minnesota (75)

North Carolina (110)

Oklahoma (37)

Tennessee (64)

Texas (228)

Utah (29)

Vermont (16)

Virginia (99)

Love the fantasy that everyone is having that this will be a race after Tuesday and that includes the biggest dreamers of all, the candidates themselves.   

Bernie is either leading or in a close 2nd in many of the Tuesday states.  Also, a significant portion of the voters have already participated via early voting.  Of the 1300+ delegates available to win on Tuesday, Bernie is likely to win at least half of that. That would be probably over 650+ delegates.  I doubt anyone else would win even half that amount.

For this to be considered a two man race with Biden; then Joe has to beat Sanders in the states that Sanders is leading in the polls in.  Joe has to beat Sanders in NC,VA,CO,TX.  Joe also has to finish 15% in CA to prevent Bernie from getting all the delegates there. Right now, it looks like Sanders and then Warren will get delegates from CA.

Bloomberg isn't going to win any states. He just wants to get 15% and rack up delegates and then try to win it at a contested convention. This strategy fails if he doesn't win 15% in many of the Super Tuesday states. If he can't win as many delegates as Biden does; then it's over for him.

Warren is under the delusion she will win alot of delegates and can push forward.  She will win some delegates but not as much as she thinks she will. She is also pursuing the contested convention strategy now.  She racks up as many delegates as she can and then they turn to her at the convention.

Buttigieg is also pursuing the contested convention strategy, accept he's not going win that many delegates and he really want have a viable path; even in a contested convention.

Gabbard- why is she still in it.  She's not going to win any delegates and will hardly get any votes.

The only real suspense on Tuesday is whether or not Joe can do what he needs to do and hope Bloomberg doesn't get 15% anywhere because that will take votes from him. You want any semblance of a two person race; Joe has to straight up beat Sanders in many key states and somehow win 15% of the vote in CA, to prevent Bernie from winning the lion's share there.

Once everything is settled , I expect Sanders to be the big winner with over 650+ delegates won.  The next closest will be probably be Biden, but I'll be surprise he wins more than 300+ delegates.  The remaining delegates will be split among the others.  I doubt anyone else will win over 200+ delegates and that's likely to be Warren.  I have no idea about how Bloomberg will do.  He's still polling well in many states, we will have to see.  If he does win delegates, it hurts both Biden and Warren.  I don't expect Buttigig or Klobuchar to be a factor.    

Klobuchar- If there's a candidate that will actually drop out on Tuesday, it's her.  The only remaining delegates she will win, is by winning her home state.   Sh will see that reality on Tuesday and drop out then.

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Just looking for the best combination on a ticket to win.

"Biden/Pete" seems to have been endorsed by a large group of ES's most rational* posters.  

* Defined as "agrees with me".

I wonder if that's actually what people want or the path of least resistance.  I'll pull the lever them if that's the ticket, but it's not what I want. Not my first or second choice.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I wonder if that's actually what people want or the path of least resistance.  I'll pull the lever them if that's the ticket, but it's not what I want. Not my first or second choice.

Obviously, every person has their own ranking system.  Mine is:  

1)  Not Trump.

2)  Not Bernie.

After that, I'm a lot more flexible.  "Not Bloomberg" is probably a distant third.  

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Obviously, every person has their own ranking system.  Mine is:  

1)  Not Trump.

2)  Not Bernie.

After that, I'm a lot more flexible.  "Not Bloomberg" is probably a distant third.  

To keep from seeming judgemental, I'll jus say I'm sticking with aiming high on solutions where waiting for everyone to agree isnt in mine or my family's best interest. I'm not going to speak for what everyone should do, jus what I will, right or wrong.

Aiming high and letting reality sort it out got me from homeless to masters degree, it was only a matter of time until that seeped into how I view politics. Adjustment period for me and still trying to sort it out with transitioning from idealistic to pragmatic.

Voting with my heart in the primary, promise to vote with head in the general.

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Wtf? Wont he still be in the ballots?  

I feel I remember this happening back in previous primaries, folks we could vote for that already dropped out.

The problem is always making clear that people know that, and I maintain the best way is stop making excuses and take people that drop out off the ballot so people have to write their names in if they are that serious about still voting for them, not by mistake because they are still on the ballot.

It's not rocket science, but it shouldnt be this confusing for folks nor difficult to rectify even with short notice.

Archived