Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Shaping up to be Bernie vs. BIden.

Biden wins a nationwide two way matchup by 15+%. Just a matter of who drops out and when... 

Bloomberg and Klobuchar have no reason to be in this race past Tuesday. Probably Buttigeig too. Maybe Warren. 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is one reason I support MFA. Even if it doesn’t pass, go for it because a compromise happens on the left and gets us a step closer to a single payer. I feel like if you are going to be a defeatist and say it’ll never happen so your actual policy is already a compromise from MFA, then guess what happens when you try to pass it? You’re going to be forced to water it down and compromise with republicans anyway which means your initial defeatist idea is no longer in play. You’re being pulled to the right because you started too close to center. 

this is why I mention the Overton window a lot and playing by Republican rules. **** that, they don’t pass policy concerned with what Democrats think. We shouldn’t worry about them either. Bring on the true left and pull them and our political center back in line 

It's also responsible governance.  Clinton and Obama could've played the game lot of the progressives want to play now by playing hardball through things like government shutdowns and protest vetoes.  The fact of the matter is starting at center-left or far-left doesn't make a lick of difference if the right wing will just laugh in your face anyway.  You can either build a coalition to overcome the filibuster as Obama did for ACA or you get rid of the filibuster (which Sanders curiously seems to oppose).  Obama got dragged towards the center on ACA by his coalition, not by GOP opposition.

What lot of far left progressives are advocating for is to build a liberal version of the tea party.  In a stand off of the obstinate, I don't know who wins.  I do fear the outcome will be terrible for the country regardless.

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Biden wins a nationwide two way matchup by 15+%. Just a matter of who drops out and when... 

Bloomberg and Klobuchar have no reason to be in this race past Tuesday. Probably Buttigeig too. Maybe Warren. 

If Pete can’t get more than 2% of the AA vote in SC then he is has no business continuing because he can’t win with only white people 

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

What lot of far left progressives are advocating for is to build a liberal version of the tea party.  In a stand off of the obstinate, I don't know who wins.  I do fear the outcome will be terrible for the country regardless.

I’ve just had enough of this way of handling things and watching us move further right as a result. Im not advocating for a left wing tea party because that was born on racist lunacy and I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. But I am ready to try a different approach and find somebody that actually wants to be left and will fight for it. 

35 minutes ago, visionary said:
NBC NEWS EXIT POLL: Medicare for All goes four-for-four in early states.

Iowa: 57% support, 38% oppose
NH: 58% support, 37% oppose
Nevada: 62% support, 35% oppose
SC: 50% support, 44% oppose

This is remarkable considering Biden & Buttigieg spent their campaigns attacking M4A.

I'm assuming those percentages are of just Democrats.  If that assumption is correct it probably indicates that a significant overall majority oppose it.

8 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Harris is Bidens cw vp. Warren would be Sander's if age wasn't a factor, but I think either needs to pick a woman, and a minority would be prudent. Odd that it looks like we come down to two old white men.

Warren would be a prudent choice for Biden too. I’m sure a ton of analysis would be done on Warren vs Harris as a VP pick for him, but both are good choices for different reasons. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’ve just had enough of this way of handling things and watching us move further right as a result. Im not advocating for a left wing tea party because that was born on racist lunacy and I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. But I am ready to try a different approach and find somebody that actually wants to be left and will fight for it. 

Well yes, certainly the motivation is different.  I do think the methods being employed (or advocated to be employed) are very similar.

I disagree with lot of the Sanders supporters who say that Obama was not left.  If the new Dem party will end up saying that someone like Obama wasn't left enough and someone like him no longer fits as the party's nominee, I am no longer part of that party.  I doubt I would be the only one.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If Pete can’t get more than 2% of the AA vote in SC then he is has no business continuing because he can’t win with only white people 

Just pointing out, the position seems to be:  

If Pete can't win the black vote with Biden in the race, then Pete needs to drop out.  

If Biden can't beat Bernie with Pete in the race, then Pete needs to drop out.  

3/3- Super Tuesday

Alabama (52)

American Samoa (6)

Arkansas (31)

California (415)

Colorado (67)

Democrats Abroad* (13)

Maine (24)

Massachusetts (91)

Minnesota (75)

North Carolina (110)

Oklahoma (37)

Tennessee (64)

Texas (228)

Utah (29)

Vermont (16)

Virginia (99)

Joe can enjoy the night but if he even wants to be in the race, he has to win Texas and get over 15% in California. Sanders is leading both of those 2 states and he wins those; he could finish Tuesday with a probably over 600 delegates and his closest competitor might only win half that.  We also won't know until Tuesday, if Bloomberg will take votes/delegates from Biden.  If he does; that hurts Biden even more. 

Buttigieg, Warren and Klobucher really need to get out but they won't until after Tuesday and Pete may try to hang on another week.

Never to late to start thinking about 2024.

GOP scramble is on to succeed Donald Trump in 2024 

>>>President Donald Trump is locked in a tough reelection battle, yet the Republicans looking to succeed him are already circling.

They’re visiting early primary states, reaching out to major donors, and — in one instance — even running commercials in Iowa. But perhaps the most overt display of ambition is on display this week here at the Conservative Political Action Conference, a rite of passage for White House aspirants eager to audition before thousands of activists whose support can be critical down the line.....<<<<

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out, the position seems to be:  

If Pete can't win the black vote with Biden in the race, then Pete needs to drop out.  

If Biden can't beat Bernie with Pete in the race, then Pete needs to drop out.  

It’s just that I haven’t seen any evidence that if Biden were out of the race, Pete would be getting those votes. I actually think they’d go to Bernie before Pete. 

Biden currently has them though and thus has no need to drop out which means nothing Pete can do will gain them if it hasn’t already. 

Thats why he is the one that should drop out 

44 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s just that I haven’t seen any evidence that if Biden were out of the race, Pete would be getting those votes. I actually think they’d go to Bernie before Pete. 

Biden currently has them though and thus has no need to drop out which means nothing Pete can do will gain them if it hasn’t already. 

Thats why he is the one that should drop out 

Mayor Pete never had a realistic chance to be the nominee anyways. Stay in the national spotlight, hold a higher office for a little while and try again later. There is nothing wrong with dropping out, the fact that he's made it this is quite impressive.

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, I think I’m gonna have to go back to the guy I liked before Buttigueg stole my heart... Joe Biden.

Not a fan of Biden. Strikes me as a loser. But after last night it’s impossible to ignore the fact he’s the only one with a chance against sanders 

26 minutes ago, tshile said:

Not a fan of Biden. Strikes me as a loser. But after last night it’s impossible to ignore the fact he’s the only one with a chance against sanders 

I don't get that out of Biden.  Old and a bit out of touch, I certainly do.  Like, I don't think he really gets our generation.  His stance on pot bothers me.  He isn't a perfect candidate by any means.  I just think he has a better chance of beating Trump than Sanders does.

Archived