Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

By the way, looking over results in previous years, I'm noticing very close delegate totals between winners and losers and even instances where some candidates farther down the list got more delegates despite having less votes.  So in terms of delegates winning Iowa may not mean much.

6 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, if Sanders wins Iowa, the Bernie Bros will be out in force saying this whole thing was a conspiracy to rob him of a Prime time victory speech.

If he loses, they will say the delay was time used to rig the results against him.

So, we got that to look forward to.

It wont need Bernie bros, now that's its come out that behind the scenes DNC is weighing trying to stonewall him again to protect down ballot Democrates, everything that looks this bad will get that prisim. 

It doesn't matter ifs right or true, DNC brought it upon themselves in so many ways, including making a spectacle of democracy while forgetting we are supposed to be a leading example of it.  

I dont believe DNC would panic over the results and try to sabotage the integrity of the Iowa Caucus to slow Bernies momentum and think that wont come to light.  But I'd they didnt want to him to be the nominee,  they should not of let him run as a Dem, that is entirely their fault if they continue to insist him winning is a bad thing.

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It wont need Bernie bros, now that's its come out that behind the scenes DNC is weighing trying to stonewall him again to protect down ballot Democrates, everything that looks this bad will get that prisim.

It is not the “DNC” weighing options behind the scenes. The politico story was someone receiving word that a handful of people are panicking, who sounded like delegates, while literally everyone else in leadership denied or was even sourced as being against the ideas being pushed. 

Don’t do the Bernie Bro thing of pushing baseless conspiracies.

8 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I look forward to getting rid of Iowa as the first state. Iowa can keep their doofy ass caucuses if they want but the can't go first. We need a better representative state.

I'm thinking (and it hurts) this format might be the best one, for the first "primary" with a slew of candidates.  

Because it allows secondary and tertiary candidates.  

The impression I'm getting is that the winner of this "primary" won't just be the person had the most voters who picked him as "first choice".  But who also was a lot of people's second choice.  Maybe third.  

And I think there's value in that.  

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It is not the “DNC” weighing options behind the scenes. The politico story was someone receiving word that a handful of people are panicking, who sounded like delegates, while literally everyone else in leadership denied or was even sourced as being against the ideas being pushed. 

Don’t do the Bernie Bro thing of pushing baseless conspiracies.

I dont believe it's true or a baseless conspiracy.  The fizzure is there, down ballots are scared and Perez wont be DNC Chair forever.

For transparency, heres the article him and I are talking about.  In fairness, like Bernie, Perez cant control everyone under him, Perez pushed to stop superdelegates.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/31/dnc-superdelegates-110083

@No Excuses I jus want to add that I get some of your concerns and hope that the DNC leadership is having conversations about how to keep Bernie from taking over the party.  If they dont, there will be a DSA pipeline plugged right into the DNC.  

Nobody wants to say this threat is similar to what Trump did to the GOP.  No one will admit on paper from DNC leadership before the election in fear it will become a campaign ad.  But even though I'm voting for Bernie in the primary, I hope to God they are having those conversations somewhere.

31 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Full stupid 

**** man.  This ain’t a good look.  I know we will have forgotten this by next week, but it isn’t inspiring for the rest of the race.

On the bright side, Mayor Pete sent me an email stating that he was going to New Hampshire victorious.  That makes me happy.

Archived