Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I want to know now and she does, too.  If he starts live tweeting instead we agreed to turn it off. 

Maybe part of me wants to see if he declares himself Vermin Supreme on live television thinking it sounds cool.  

Cool, though hopefully it doesn't increase his ratings. Since he obsesses over it and will be ranting about it for months.  

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I want to know now and she does, too.  If he starts live tweeting instead we agreed to turn it off. 

Maybe part of me wants to see if he declares himself Vermin Supreme on live television thinking it sounds cool.  

I’ll probably watch too, and I don’t feel I need to offer a reason other than I want to.  

I could care less about Trump’s SOTU speech. His impeachment acquittal speech tomorrow maybe interesting.

Looks like Sanders and Butiigieg had good nights. So, they were denied a prime time celebration.

Warren held on but if she can’t beat out Sanders, she’s done. She will need finish ahead if Bernie in future contests.

Amy K. Is able to hang on one more week.

Biden, avoided the prime time humiliation of his 4th place finish.

The nomination race could be shaping up to be Sanders vs a non-Sanders candidate.

Biden’s firewall is South Carolina. If that goes, watch out. Bloomberg is waiting but my guess if Biden stumbles, other candidates like Hillary & Kerry may get in.

Bernie has strong Latino support and could give him Nevada.

If Bernie is the nominee, I see a third party bid.

Trump can sit there and smile.

4 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Look, I'm pretty sure the stable genius is going to be president again, but at least watching Mayor Pete eviscerate him on the debate stage would be fun.

I feel like he’s too nice for that.  That’s one knock against him.  He doesn’t really say mean things and he can be too diplomatic.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I feel like he’s too nice for that.  That’s one knock against him.  He doesn’t really say mean things and he can be too diplomatic.

Oh no, he is nasty as hell underneath. If he somehow became the nominee, that big brain would humiliate Trump. Guarantee our commander in chief would lose it, call him the F-Word... and then still probably win.

8 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Oh no, he is nasty as hell underneath. If he somehow became the nominee, that big brain would humiliate Trump. Guarantee our commander in chief would lose it, call him the F-Word... and then still probably win.

That, other than **** wad winning, would be my dream scenario.

Frankly, I think people are reading too much into the results from Iowa.  It's a small state full of old white farmers that does a caucus, not an election.  If my math is right, these results, for the whole state, will reflect the choice of less than 140,000 people (less than the population of Alexandria, Virginia).  Iowa does not do a good job of predicting winners, or else we'd have President Ted Cruz right now and Obama would have beaten Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum. 

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Frankly, I think people are reading too much into the results from Iowa.  It's a small state full of old white farmers that does a caucus, not an election.  If my math is right, these results, for the whole state, will reflect the choice of less than 140,000 people (less than the population of Alexandria, Virginia).  Iowa does not do a good job of predicting winners, or else we'd have President Ted Cruz right now and Obama would have beaten Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum. 

Aren’t white votes especially important this election?  Obama won Iowa twice.  Trump turned it red last time around.  We need a candidate that can win those white votes, even if thinking about it in those terms makes Democrats uncomfortable.

I do agree that Iowa is not going to decide this primary.  It’s getting all the attention purely because it’s the only results we have.  Once we’re deeply into this primary season I doubt it gets mentioned much at all.  

Pete is definitely willing to throw down. I've watched a lot of him lately, and his stump speech has increasingly featured some pretty nasty barbs. I still favor Warren, pretty unambiguously but Pete is living up to the moment.

20 minutes ago, Destino said:

aren’t white votes especially important this election?  Obama won Iowa twice.  Trump turned it red last time around.  We need a candidate that can win those white votes, even if thinking about it in those terms makes Democrats uncomfortable.

Probably equally as important as turning out non-white voters.  And I didn't say white votes, I said old white farmers.  Iowa old white rural votes are also not the same as the suburban white college-educated woman vote that is probably the key this year (see, e.g., clip of old white lady wanting to change her vote when she found out Mayor Pete is gay).   Someone weak with non-whites and suburban women is not going to win PA or CO, and probably can't win NV or AZ.  Definitely can't win GA (which may be in play).  

1 minute ago, visionary said:

So What are you all's ideal running mates for the various candidates?  I've been thinking about that since last night and wondering who would go best with whom.

Doesn't matter. 

Top 2 candidates run together after the primaries and they'll win. 

Won't happen though. 

5 minutes ago, visionary said:
So who are you all's ideal running mates for the various candidates?  I've been thinking about that since last night and wondering who would go best with whom.

not sure how successful it will be, but Castro is doing alot of heavy lifting for Warren right now

Bernie/Pete/Biden all could use someone like Abrams, but she may not want the post

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Doesn't matter. 

Top 2 candidates run together after the primaries and they'll win. 

Won't happen though. 

not so sure about that. 2020 democratic party cannot have 2 white people on the ticket

Bernie makes no sense as a VP. he's 70+ and recently had a heart attack. I can see him playing kingmaker and essentially picking the next VP, but it won't be him. He's top dog or nothing.

10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

not sure how successful it will be, but Castro is doing alot of heavy lifting for Warren right now

Bernie/Pete/Biden all could use someone like Abrams, but she may not want the post

not so sure about that. 2020 democratic party cannot have 2 white people on the ticket

Bernie makes no sense as a VP. he's 70+ and recently had a heart attack. I can see him playing kingmaker and essentially picking the next VP, but it won't be him. He's top dog or nothing.

I wonder if Castro would double down on things that Warren is struggling with, but he might help her solidify support with the left.  (not sure how much it's helping right now though)

I wonder if Booker or Harris would be an interesting match with Pete, though they wouldn't help him much with the left and Harris could be an issue due to her past (even if the criticism hasn't been entirely fair).

I could see Bernie picking Warren, though there may be some bad blood now.

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Look, I'm pretty sure the stable genius is going to be president again, but at least watching Mayor Pete eviscerate him on the debate stage would be fun.

Trump isn't going to participate in the debate. He's already starting to chirp about how the process is rigged.

Typical Trump. Claims to be a fighter but I don't believe he is gonna want to get in the ring with any of the Dems. Especially Buttigieg.

Archived