Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

It really does seem to be an unnecessary complication.  I’m not terribly familiar with the reason for it though.  Does it add any value?

its a process that seems like it takes pride in walling itself off for the sake of self-importance.

i'm certain it had some value at sometime, but in today's society, its not really practical.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

It really does seem to be an unnecessary complication.  I’m not terribly familiar with the reason for it though.  Does it add any value?

No, check out this mess happening in Iowa that they can't get a vote count. Plus remember in 2016 Sanders kept claiming victory in caucases while losing actual primary votes without even counting the superdelegate votes. 

I think you'll agree that voters who can't get to specific locations at specific times obviates their right to vote in primary season, thus we don't get a true picture of a state's electorate choices. And that's important.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Sanders will probably be the popular vote winner in Iowa and Buttigieg will probably be the Iowa Electoral College winner.  Both men can say they won.

Media is going to go with Pete winning though. Lucky Iowa royally ****ed up so Pete doesn't get full momentum from it.

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Media is going to go with Pete winning though. Lucky Iowa royally ****ed up so Pete doesn't get full momentum from it.

Bernie was expected to blow everyone away the last few days before Iowa and to increasingly do better.  Of note is his lack of ability to secure his lead, Biden's sudden fall, Warren's inability to pick up alignment votes, and Pete's success at doing so and winning a broader coalition of voters than expected.  Also interesting is how Bernie and Biden were shut out of some precincts entirely.

33 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Sanders will probably be the popular vote winner in Iowa and Buttigieg will probably be the Iowa Electoral College winner.  Both men can say they won.

Far as I'm concerned, being tied for first is a win, for both of them. 

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

But you wanna know who's the real winner, from this mess?  

Joe Biden. 

If it weren't for the mess, "Wheels fall off of Biden's parade" would be getting what percentage of the news cycle?

Well, there's still time for that on Tuesday. :806:

I am surprised noone else has dropped out yet.  11 candidates still.

One person announced as a co-host, Jacob Shapiro, is the the former president and chief scientist at data firm Giant Oak, the recipient of nearly $45 million in contracts with ICE over the past six years. Giant Oak, founded by former U.S. Customs and Border Protection chief of staff Dr. Gary Shiffman, scrapes data from social media accounts and online on behalf of clients—including ICE—in order to vet and identify immigrants. Immigrant rights group Mijente has listed Big Oak alongside better-known companies like Palantir and Amazon as one of “the tech and data companies fueling deportations.”

In 2017, Shapiro, now a professor of politics at Princeton University, met with ICE officials to discuss Trump’s “extreme vetting” policy for immigration into the United States, and publicly defended the use of algorithms to vet immigrants despite concerns from other data scientists that such a program could be inaccurate and biased.

“There are many ways one could meet that statement of objectives, some of which would make the system fairer, more equitable and faster for those seeking to immigrate,” Shapiro told the Associated Press at the time. “But some of which could be biased and unfair, as any algorithm can be.”

After contacted by The Daily Beast about Shapiro’s role as a co-host of the fundraiser, the Buttigieg campaign removed him from the list of co-hosts for the event—which he had not been planning to attend—and returned the money he had donated to the campaign this cycle.

“We learned about these contracts and his association today and immediately removed him from the host committee and are refunding his contribution,” a campaign spokesperson told The Daily Beast. “He was not scheduled to attend tonight’s event. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.”

I had started as a Biden supporter (hadn’t done a lot of research, wanted a moderate and someone who knew how to turn on the lights days 1) but had started to waiver on him.  He seemed to search for his words a lot and i thought he may be too old mentally.  I didn’t know he had a stuttering issue.  That explains a lot.  Due to a severe brain injury, I stuttered as a kid and people seemed to think that meant it was tied to my mental ability.  Truth was I was smarter than most of them (in advanced classes, etc) but they didn’t see that.  I was wrong to just assume Joe was slipping because he seems to hunt for words.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I had started as a Biden supporter (hadn’t done a lot of research, wanted a moderate and someone who knew how to turn on the lights days 1) but had started to waiver on him.  He seemed to search for his words a lot and i thought he may be too old mentally.  I didn’t know he had a stuttering issue.  That explains a lot.  Due to a severe brain injury, I stuttered as a kid and people seemed to think that meant it was tied to my mental ability.  Truth was I was smarter than most of them (in advanced classes, etc) but they didn’t see that.  I was wrong to just assume Joe was slipping because he seems to hunt for words.

His stuttering has nothing to do with it.  He's is mentally too old to be president.  He's also clueless to the realities of today.   He's out of touch and stuck in a time from 30-40 years ago.    Him being defeated would be the best thing to happen.    The Dems aren't going to beat Trump but they need someone far better than him.

One thing I’d like see asked of all the Dem candidates (not that any politicians give straight answers or would even have one) is how do they assure our allies and the rest of the world that they can make deals with us, join us in military operations as needed, or negotiate with us and that we as a nation won’t just go crazy and elect another idiot who will leave them hanging four years later.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

One thing I’d like see asked of all the Dem candidates (not that any politicians give straight answers or would even have one) is how do they assure our allies and the rest of the world that they can make deals with us, join us in military operations as needed, or negotiate with us and that we as a nation won’t just go crazy and elect another idiot who will leave them hanging four years later.

You can't answer that.   You don't know what the public will do.  You just try your best to make sure conditions that led to Trump never happen again.

There could be another Trump and this time, not crazy.

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Wouldn't mind seeing them explain that to me, either.  

Unfortunately, the only thing that can prevent anther Trump, is the voters.  

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Wouldn't mind seeing them explain that to me, either.  

Unfortunately, the only thing that can prevent anther Trump, is the voters.  

The voters will vote for whoever the most compelling candidate is. The answer is to have compelling, competent candidates. Seems to be a rarity of those. 

Maybe primaries aren’t the best way to find the best candidates, since everyone running has to make a fool out of themself to appeal to  the extremes of their parties base, who vote in the primaries.

Archived