Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

He was actually going with the "Dead and homeless people in SF always seem to vote D" angle. Which made me regret even reaching out. 

But then HR gets all huffy when you ask them what it is like to live life as a God damned moron.

36 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Here’s the swerve:

Trump giving money to black people to vote for him except they can’t because republicans have spent decades ensuring that they can’t vote.

And if they can, who knows who they will vote for once the curtain is closed?  Give me $30 and I'll SAY to you I'm voting for Trump. 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

He was actually going with the "Dead and homeless people in SF always seem to vote D" angle. Which made me regret even reaching out. 

There are some "conservatives" you can have constructive conversations about this and some you cant.  Sometimes it is stupid, sometimes it's a feedback loop of willful ignorance and lack of empathy.  That's not "conservative", that's asshole.

14 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Mayor Pete's momentum continues.  Let's see how he builds on it.  He's got an uphill battle ahead of him.  If it's a matter of it being a test of his character, he will win that battle.

Majority of his momentum is coming from results showing him still in the lead, not that hes won.  If we get to the end and hes in third place behind Bernie and Warren, then what?  This is why I hate that they are doing this, and trying not to guess on intent here.  

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Majority of his momentum is coming from results showing him still in the lead, not that hes won.  If we get to the end and hes in third place behind Bernie and Warren, then what?  This is why I hate that they are doing this, and trying not to guess on intent here.  

The numbers went from 62% to 71% reporting, and things didn't change much. Buttegeig's lead stayed about the same.  Does anyone think the outcome is going to flip with the last 29% reporting? 

And that's an honest question... I haven't heard anyone suggesting that.

Has anyone read why this is still taking so long?

37 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Wait until they all find out that he’s gay

While it’s been mentioned that he’s gay it really hasn’t received as much press as I’d have expected.  Compare it to the talk of female and minority candidates on stage, for example.  It’s strange because I think in many ways a gay man is far more unlikely in the US than either a woman (earned the democratic nomination last election) or a person of color (two term President).  Maybe his campaign doesn’t want to it to be a major theme of his campaign?

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

The numbers went from 62% to 71% reporting, and things didn't change much. Buttegeig's lead stayed about the same.  Does anyone think the outcome is going to flip with the last 29% reporting? 

And that's an honest question... I haven't heard anyone suggesting that.

And it's a fair question and why they shoulsnt be doing this.  I dont know how this is factored by which areas have finished reporting in relation to where Bernie is expecting to be popular vs Pete or anyone else. I turned CNN off because they were explaining how Pete was "winning" in places Bernie won in 2016 even though they werent finished counting yet.  Pete is taking victory laps even though Bernie is winning the popular vote, too many narratives coming from incomplete information, and what's being g lost in all of this is Bidens seeming irrelevancy after being VP.

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

Has anyone read why this is still taking so long?

Waiting for investigation.  I'm not buying the app broken in regards to folks sending results as the primary culprit, why in the hell would they let folks calling in official results over the phone? That who process is jacked, I'll wait for specific when they are more honest about them and stop trying throw an app they choose to use under the bus.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Wait until they all find out that he’s gay

gawd-fearin' goper americans won't disgrace their holy bible by putting someone in the white house who belongs in hell

or maybe they treat pete as a sinner the way they treat don as a sinner

love him long long time, all hands on and stuff

proper appendages, proper orifices, pregnant virgins, and controlling all vaginas...methinks the xtian gawd may indeed represent older privileged egomaniacal white males with mommy issues and deeply repressed desires to get it on with other guys

but i digress

1 hour ago, Destino said:

While it’s been mentioned that he’s gay it really hasn’t received as much press as I’d have expected.  Compare it to the talk of female and minority candidates on stage, for example.  It’s strange because I think in many ways a gay man is far more unlikely in the US than either a woman (earned the democratic nomination last election) or a person of color (two term President).  Maybe his campaign doesn’t want to it to be a major theme of his campaign?

I think that he’s trying, and succeeding, in presenting himself as an intelligent, articulate man.  I think he’s trying to distance his sexuality from the race because it simply doesn’t matter.  And when you have king grabber**** on the other side, it matters even less.

As far as your first point, I think Iowa no longer matters in this race.  It doesn’t matter if the results come out tomorrow or next year.

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think that he’s trying, and succeeding, in presenting himself as an intelligent, articulate man.  I think he’s trying to distance his sexuality from the race because it simply doesn’t matter.  And when you have king grabber**** on the other side, it matters even less.

As far as your first point, I think Iowa no longer matters in this race.  It doesn’t matter if the results come out tomorrow or next year.

I will say though that it was touching seeing him calling out and hugging his husband in his speech after Iowa and talking about struggling to feel like he belonged and finally feeling validated.   And he has brought it up during debates.  But it isn't a main campaign point.

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The caucus process is stupid in my view. It denies some voters who can't get to locations at specific times their right to vote.

It really does seem to be an unnecessary complication.  I’m not terribly familiar with the reason for it though.  Does it add any value?

Archived