Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

i'd give anything if one of them at the end here would just look into the camera/crowd and go "i'd like to take these closing moments to talk about cats" and then just riff, wistfully, on that

better than 50/50 that marianne does if she makes the next debate

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Tulsi is just an empty suit. There is nothing there imo 

Disagree. She's the only one up there right now insisting we shouldnt be trying to solve so many of our international issues with our military.  I respect that coming from a veteran, she needs to lead DoD at least.

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

How long before they all get on one stage? I was kinda hoping Biden was going to be able seal the deal but, I guess it’s starting to become apparent why he didn’t run in 2016....

Harris or Warren should easily crush Trump... the rest of them, I think it’s a much closer race.

They aren't crushing Trump.  If they win it will be close.

Both of them will lose some voters because of their progressive positions.  The trick for them will be for them to not only make up he voters they will lose because of their positions but to get people to vote; who either have sat out the last 2 elections or have never voted before.

The progressives say the Progressive policies will inspire people to rise up. Millions upon millions will come out and vote for the Dem.  Well, they will get their chance.  

If they are right and win, it will be close.  I'm talking about the electoral college. Everyone already knows Trump will lose the popular vote by 3 to 10 million. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Disagree. She's the only one up there right now insisting we shouldnt be trying to solve so many of our international issues with our military.  I respect that coming from a veteran, she needs to lead DoD at least.

The nuclear war closing seemed over the top to me.  Seemed like a scare tactic.

Here's some quick thoughts:

1.  Harris- Kamala  won this debate.  She needs to start setting her sights on her real challenger: Elizabeth Warren.

2. Booker- He's had a good night.  Definitely in consideration for Veep for Lizzie or Kamala.

3. Castro-  He did okay.  He's running for Veep.

4. Biden- pathetic.  He's old, slow and out of touch with the current Dem party. He won't be front runner much longer.

5. Deblasio-  He was good at going after Biden.  Time to drop out.

6. Bennett- Only this high because CNN kept going to him.  Time to drop out.

7. Gabbard- She was able to go after Kamala, so she moved up. Time to drop out.

8. Yang- He made some points but he's a one trick poney. He's already qualified for Debate 3 I think.

9. Inslee- Also, mostly a one trick poney.  Time to drop out.

10. Gillibrand.  It's over, please drop out.

Honestly, the only real contenders left after Debate 2 are:  Elizabeth, Bernie, Pete, Kamala and Joe.    The race us really just between 2 people:  Kamala vs. Elizabeth.  One of those 2 women will be the nominee.  My bet is on Elizabeth.   Hopefully, these also rans wake up and drop out soon.   I doubt their will be a need for a 2nd night in September.

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They aren't crushing Trump.  If they win it will be close.

Both of them will lose some voters because of their progressive positions.  The trick for them will be for them to not only make up he voters they will lose because of their positions but to get people to vote; who either have sat out the last 2 elections or have never voted before.

The progressives say the Progressive policies will inspire people to rise up. Millions upon millions will come out and vote for the Dem.  Well, they will get their chance.  

If they are right and win, it will be close.  I'm talking about the electoral college. Everyone already knows Trump will lose the popular vote by 3 to 10 million. 

Florida and the rust belt could easily swap this election...  Texas as well depending on the running mate.... 

Trump supporters are loud and obnoxious, not numerous.

26 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

de Blasio thought he was going to get a reaction with that line

he gotta go man

he's only in the race because he saw the traction a gay mayor from south bend was getting and thought "why not me"

Read somewhere that he hates being mayor of NYC and this is just his way of getting out of that

I’m not seeing what other people are seeing in Kamala Harris.  I don’t see her as a real challenger for the leftist wing where Warren and Sanders are just flat out better and more credible.  She’s certainly not the most appealing to moderate democrats (which might still be a majority of democrats).  She had a great moment clobbering Biden last debate but she wasn’t very strong when put on the defensive tonight.  

Also, prosecutors aren’t heroes to the left as they could be to the right.  They’re the folks sending poor people to jail by forcing plea bargains.  Gabbard nailed her on this.  Effectively, I thought.  I’m just not seeing her as a credible champion of the left.  

On 7/14/2019 at 11:00 AM, BenningRoadSkin said:

Kamala is getting hammered by everyone in the next debate and will lose some luster. Count on that.

called it

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

The nuclear war closing seemed over the top to me.  Seemed like a scare tactic.

Jake Tapper asked Elizabeth Warren if we should have a policy of pre-emptive nuclear strikes or should it be taken off the table when addressing military conflict. She said she was against a pre-emptive strike and had a reaction as if that was a crazy question.

A few of the candidates on the stage disagreed and tried to attack her over that position.

I am not sure it's over the top at all nor a scare tactic.

Archived