Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

West Virginia has a GOP governor; so if Joe left, he would replaced by a Republican and Mitch would be back in control.

The last the Senate was tied Jim Jeffords switched from GOP to independent and caucused with Dems.

I can see Mitch trying to flip Joe, to get control back.

14 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

West Virginia has a GOP governor; so if Joe left, he would replaced by a Republican and Mitch would be back in control.

The last the Senate was tied Jim Jeffords switched from GOP to independent and caucused with Dems.

I can see Mitch trying to flip Joe, to get control back.

Manchin wields far more power as the Dem senator from WV than as another wacko GOP senator.  He won't switch party until he can no longer win as a Dem in WV.

Most likely, the $2000 stance is a not so subtle demand for committee assignment and pork.

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Manchin wields far more power as the Dem senator from WV than as another wacko GOP senator.  He won't switch party until he can no longer win as a Dem in WV.

Most likely, the $2000 stance is a not so subtle demand for committee assignment and pork.

This is likely a very accurate read of the situation.

11 minutes ago, bearrock said:

add DC and Puerto Rico as states, which is long overdue, and we can tell him to take a hike.  I actually think this should be the priority above all else.  The battle cry of democrats needs to be voting rights, and part of that needs to be to empower these two groups of Americans that have been denied the power in both houses of congress that they deserve.

I am interested to watch the remaining GOP slime balls fall all over each other trying to woo the crazy Trump supporters.  Guys like Cruz & Hawley, throw Tom Cotton into the mix probably.....people who were willing to lie about the election results in order to set themselves up as the next in line for the angry mob to throw their support behind.  

I really wish things were different.  I wish the GOP took a look in the mirror and in 12 days decided the best course of action for the country is to wash their hands of Trump in every way.  It is too late for some of them anyway, and they wouldn't get kudos now for doing what they should have done 4 years ago when he won the nomination, but they should still do it now anyway.  In reality, we are likely to see a bunch of them just try to sound like the "nice guy" version of Trump to get in position for 2024.

This past election shows that if the Dems can get this kind of turnout routinely for Presidential elections, the GOP (in their current state of insanity) will never win a national race again unless they are appealing to these crazies. The only other option is to welcome themselves to the 21st century and drop all the nonsense culture war stuff and at least move somewhat off the trickle down garbage.  I don't think that is happening though, so appealing to the mouth frothing knuckle-draggers is their only path towards possibly victory.   

1 hour ago, Recovering_Spaz said:

I'm going to be sad to see this thread go on the 20th, and I want to thank you ALL for helping me keep my sanity intact. I live in Trump country, so it oftentimes feels like the entire world has lost its mind. This thread in particular has been a lifeline, and while I haven't posted on it much, I've been reading it as a guest for a long time.

I echo these sentiments. Minus the not posting part. 

strangely the trumpers around me have gone completely silent since the riot. 

Which is very unusual.

All the Trumpers on my feed went predictably went right to the "No TV's or shoes stolen during this riot, strange" memes.  They are right back to falsely claiming that no Dems condemned the looting and burning of buildings.  They are a lost cause. 

I saw a video of Lindsay Graham in the airport being chased by a small group of Trump supporters calling him a traitor and SOB etc etc....I felt bad for a few seconds before I remembered that he helped cultivate these cretins for the last four years and thinks 1 speech at the 11th hour is going to rehabilitate his Trumpism apologist attitude he's been carrying for 4 years?  Hahahaha yeah right, lick it up baby, LICK IT UP!

1 hour ago, Destino said:

add DC and Puerto Rico as states, which is long overdue, and we can tell him to take a hike.  I actually think this should be the priority above all else.  The battle cry of democrats needs to be voting rights, and part of that needs to be to empower these two groups of Americans that have been denied the power in both houses of congress that they deserve.

I haven't been able to find anything definitive as an answer to this question:

Congress has to pass any admission of a new state into the union, but does that vote have to pass cloture or would it be a simple majority?

If it's the latter...**** it. Go for it. If it's the former, it's DOA.

My group chat with friends....

throwing around the idea of going up there in the 20. Don’t care how close we get or whatever. Social distance and masks and all that. But be there. Stand with the guy that isn’t a fascist. 

#neveragain

My single parent status makes things like that quite difficult but... maybe. And if not me I hope that’s what I see from others. 

A strong show from the people might encourage our leaders to find the courage/strength to do what needs to be done. 

Archived