Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

On 8/13/2017 at 6:16 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, I disagree with your disagreement.  (Which is fine, we're allowed to disagree.)  

Let me be clear, I'm not suggesting in any way that we as a society ACCEPT this nonsense.  Absolutely not.  And I'm not white. I'm actually brown.  Of middle eastern descent, though my parents were from India.  But I LOOK like a middle easterner.  Which clearly means to all of these people I look like a terrorist.  So, the more they surface, the more that I fear for my safety. I'm also fearful for the safety of my friends, who are of all ethnicity, and inter-racial couples (interestingly, the majority of my brown friends have interracial marriages).

But you're not going to convince a racist, radical bigot that they shouldn't be a racist, radical bigot. You're not going to shame them into going away.  Also, part of the reason these assholes show up in full riot gear is that they WANT you to go after them.  When you do, they win.  So, I'm saying, don't give them the satisfaction.   So my overall point is, don't give up the high ground.

Also, in today's age of social media and instant news, the propaganda out there now is that the counter-protesters either are a) as responsible for the violence as the Nazi assholes, or b.) Black Lives Matters and other groups are just as bad.  Both are complete and total nonsense.  But if you show up and allow yourself to be drug into the mud, you allow the story to be told.  

So, there are other, much more effective, productive ways to show displeasure.  The best is to educate your family, children, and community why this is bad.  Also, be active in elections, so we don't end up with bigoted representatives.  

We're never going to stomp out bigots entirely from the world.  It won't happen.  But we can, by banding together and doing good, and VOTING good, push them to basically obscurity.

Sadly, the last election let them out of the cellar.  We have to push them back into the cellar where they can rot without light or women wanting their dicks for the rest of their lives.  (That was hysterical)

Oh, and when they cross the line and start something, you prosecute them into the gas chamber.  Or electric chair.  

Yes.    

I really wish that the ENTIRE counter-protest/response had been a real hippie love fest.   

Little old ladies singing "this little light of mine"   ... etc....

<<What the hell should we do?? we can;t just do nothing..!!    It is as ineffectual as just getting together and singing Kumbaya...? >>>

I have never actually sung Kumbaya.... (or even heard it in person)  .....   but YES.    in this case, that IS the answer.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Money and jealousy, is my take.  My dads side of the family is Jewish. Oddly enough, not from an urban area, but quite the opposite.  Jewish farmers.  

Anyway, that's how it's been explained to me, in summation.  Not sure about anti-antisemitism before Hitler, but IIRC he targeted the Jews because they had a big presence in the banking system in Germany back then and Hitler wanted control of it.  So the best thing he could do was try to get rid of them, quite literally.  He basically blamed them for all of the socio-economic issues that 1930s Germany was facing.

Largely that and throw in some otherism because of a somewhat closed culture/religion.

Some folk always need a scapegoat.

• Like 1

I actually hope this helps Trump, in the sense that I want him to get some bounce when he does the right  thing so he might make a habit of it.  Pavlov?

Of course if I were a politician, I would actually expect a bump in opinions from David Duke trying to call me out. I almost think that should be a goal of any good politician.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ex-kkk-leader-david-duke-has-meltdown-after-trump-condemns-white-supremacists-in-charlottesville/ar-AAq5wjt?ocid=spartandhp

• Like 1

On 8/13/2017 at 10:49 PM, tshile said:

Wait can I not wear a white polo and kakis now?

for the next few weeks... this might be a safer (softer, more socially aware) outfit than the white polo and kakis look.... 

neo_nazi_skinheads_by_themistrunsred-d52rzcr.jpg

or maybe this...???

Image result for skinheads uniform

12 minutes ago, twa said:

Largely that and throw in some otherism because of a somewhat closed culture/religion.

Some folk always need a scapegoat.

A big part of it is the old Christian tenant against usury.  Of course they still had to borrow so there were Ashkenazim (I'm half) in most towns and they were encouraged to stay separate but to stay there.  Sooner or later the guys in power owed a little more than they could pay back and they would hold a pogrom to get rid of all they guys they owed money to.  Rinse and repeat, because they had to borrow some more eventually.  When you're engaging in this sort of behavior it helps your peace of mind if you dehumanize the humans that you want to kill for no good reason other than you owe them money.

This applies to Europeans, not Arabs.  They hate Jews more for the reason you suggest.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 2

One of the people speaking on this very meaningfully and intelligently, while still passionate, is a conservative republican, but more notably is self-described as a trump supporter (though he's critical on this matter at minimum): Joseph Pinion.

I only have read/heard a little about him, but will stay tuned as he has impressed so far. 

15 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

I really wish that the ENTIRE counter-protest/response had been a real hippie love fest.   

Little old ladies singing "this little light of mine"   ... etc....

This actually happened. Local clergy and church goers formed a perimeter around armed militia and sang this little light of mine.

They also received protection from ANTIFA because the alt right Neo Nazis were ready to beat them up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

This actually happened. Local clergy and church goers formed a perimeter around armed militia and sang this little light of mine.

They also received protection from ANTIFA because the alt right Neo Nazis were ready to beat them up.

i know that the first part and the second part happened.    

I wish only the first part happened.

Image result for bull connor

this is how you win.   It is hard, and it is scary.   and it is dangerous.    but it is how you win.

(edit:   and, in case it is not clear,  the heros sitting on the curb being sprayed are the ones winning)

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

<<What the hell should we do?? we can;t just do nothing..!!    It is as ineffectual as just getting together and singing Kumbaya...? >>>

I have never actually sung Kumbaya.... (or even heard it in person)  .....   but YES.    in this case, that IS the answer.

Here it is.  Not recommended.  Hearing it may actually incite violence from otherwise peaceable people.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Man, that Vice doc is an unpleasant watch.

The Chris Cantwell guy used to be a huge Ron Paul supporter. He then flirted with Bernie's movement before going full on alt right. 

In fact, a lot of the alt right guys are ex-Ron Paul people. The least surprising outcome for hardcore Paul fans.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

for the next few weeks... this might be a safer (softer, more socially aware) outfit than the white polo and kakis look.... 

I remember when I got my first taste of what it's like to not be able to wear a simple piece of clothing in America. And I got harassment from both sides...cops and dumb black people alike. When I lived in Columbia, SC I got pulled over basically because I was a black guy wearing a black bandana on my head driving a nice car. I have an afro and some days when I didn't feel like combing that mess I would just throw a bandana on my head and call it a day. So about a mile from my home I get pulled over for no reason. The cop who pulled me over just waited in his car for 5+ minutes and I'm sitting there like WTF. I thought maybe he was running my plates but then a second cop shows up. So a lot of **** is running through my head and I'm a bit on edge when the cop comes up to my window. He gets my license and registration which he only looked at for a few seconds and then while giving me an intense glare asked me where I was coming from, where I was going, how long I lived in the neighborhood, what I did for a living, etc...**** that was honestly none of his business while the other cop is looking around in my car like I was supposed to have something. When I realized I got pulled over for nothing I was boiling inside but I kept a straight face and answered his stupid questions. What I didn't know at the time was a gang called Folk had started up in Columbia and wouldn't you know it...they wear black bandanas on their heads to signify which set they're from. The cop didn't tell me any of this. I had to find out for myself (more on this below). So basically these cops saw a black guy with a rag on his head in a nice car and pretty much thought I fit the profile of a gang banger or drug dealer when I was the furthest thing from it.

And here's the flip side. Not long after that incident I was heading into the mall with my wife minding my own business and some black guys followed us inside asking me "hey man, you Folk? You don't belong here N-word". And as we walked through the mall their numbers grew and they started talking loudly at me looking like they were ready to rush me because they thought I was a part of the Folk gang...all because I was wearing that black bandana on my head. I tried to ignore them at first but they kept following us so my anger finally boiled over and I turned to them and said I'm not part of some dumbass gang now leave me to my F'n business and then turned my back on them and kept walking. My wife looked at me eyes wide like WTF are you doing.  They didn't follow us as close as before but they stayed in our general area where we could still seem them. I wasn't taking any chances on my wife getting caught in the middle in case they did rush me so we called her friend to come pick her up out of a side department store. I left the way we came in and got out ok but thanks to the emergence of those gangs that community suffered. Circumstances came up that had us move up north but I found out that we got out at the right time. A friend of mine that's still there says that area is complete **** now and overrun with gang activity. I've never forgotten that these black guys wanted to beat up one of their own simply because of piece of clothing. As far as I'm concerned they're no better than the Nazis, a bunch of pathetic cowards.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

if you're not seeing trump's presser on now, make sure you view the whole thing when you can...the hole is getting dug deeper and wider..

I just half fell out of my chair when he brought up George and TJ.  Has he been reading our board?

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

if you're not seeing trump's presser on now, make sure you view the whole thing when you can...the hole is getting dug deeper and wider..

Thanks for the heads up - I caught the tail end of it and I do think he made it worse. I love that he thinks adding Jobs will fix race relations. And that he thought it was relevant that he owns a winery in Chancellorsville. 

• Like 1