Extremeskins

Who Starts at QB in 2018

Boss_Hogg

Redskins 2018 QB  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who's our next victim?

• Colt McCoy
    • Nate Sudfeld
    • Journeyman QB (Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, etc)
    • Rookie QB

This poll is closed to new votes

Kirks focus seems to be on everything but focusing on how to win a championship and be a long term leader on this team.  How can a QB focus on doing that when they are signing one-year contracts?

After listening to everything I don't believe Kirk really wants to be here, based on what he said on Grant and Danny he is putting us on notice that's he's watching and will make an assessment of our team at the end of the year, pretty ballsy in my opinion.

I don't blame him or hold a grudge because what he is doing takes balls and could have or can easily backfire but so far so good for him so no ill will towards KC.  I think if he wanted to play here he would be signed but he is looking at this as a strategic game mixed in with feelings that he doesn't trust something we have or are currently doing in the FO. 

At some point we have to do whats good for us and a QB who wants to play on 1 year deals is not that guy, I wish we could ship him out today, pay half his 2017 salary to the team that takes him and get a 3rd rounder for it, we've opened pandoras box for Kirk and his agent and because of that this is no longer a normal negotiation.

Better to get him out now than waste the 2018 preseason screwing around with Kirk and his agent, we'll end up right back where we are now and then we'll have to worry about free agents not wanting to play here, if FA's don't want to play here because Kirk is gone then fine, we move on and find someone who will. If we continue to draft well we shouldn't need wholesale changes in free agency anyway.

Kirk is not the end all be all, there's other young QB's who can play or will be able to play if drafted.  This guy is gonna bleed us dry if we let him.

38 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

They're not for sale. Especially not for what you want to do with them. I was actually watching a History Channel documentary the other day about the invention of kilts. I never knew that their original design was in response to the sheep  over there developing an instinctual fight or flight response to the sound of zippers.

They are also responsible for the development of rain boots.  Hook their bag legs into your boots and they are not going anywhere but their attempts to escape make for a nice back and forth motion.

3 hours ago, pcbothwel said:

QB's who WILL NOT be franchised in Brees, Garoppolo, Cousins, and Bradford.

I like how this guy adds these QBs to the list of who will be available, but doesn't add their teams to the list of who will be looking to buy a good QB.

I also like how he assumes that none of the current starting QBs will retire (Eli) or suck and get benched (Cam).

35 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

I like how this guy adds these QBs to the list of who will be available, but doesn't add their teams to the list of who will be looking to buy a good QB.

I also like how he assumes that none of the current starting QBs will retire (Eli) or suck and get benched (Cam).

Yeah, if he was trying to get the bandwagon rolling, it's sitting on cinder blocks with that post.

On 7/17/2017 at 1:35 PM, justice98 said:

Kirk starting in 2018 are 10%, IMO.

Jimmy Garrapolo is out there in 2018.  I question if we really know if he's any good though.

In all seriousness Garoppolo would intrigue me a lot if he could be had for  reasonable compensation in a trade.     Younger QB than Cousins, would be an excellent fit in a WCO style offense, has an outstanding quick release and has had a good model to learn from in Brady.   I saw him play in a couple games last year and he seems to have legitimate franchise QB qualities, far better quarterback than Matt Cassel who was always a flash in the pan that hadn't even started in college, a lot more fundamentally sound and if it came down to it, going from Cousins to Garoppolo would be turning a frown upside down IMO.

20 minutes ago, BoFriedmanJr said:

In all seriousness Garoppolo would intrigue me a lot if he could be had for  reasonable compensation in a trade.     Younger QB than Cousins, would be an excellent fit in a WCO style offense, has an outstanding quick release and has had a good model to learn from in Brady.   I saw him play in a couple games last year and he seems to have legitimate franchise QB qualities, far better quarterback than Matt Cassel who was always a flash in the pan that hadn't even started in college, a lot more fundamentally sound and if it came down to it, going from Cousins to Garoppolo would be turning a frown upside down IMO.

I live in MA and consume as much local Pats coverage on my hour commute to work as I do Redskins coverage that I seek out in my spare-time. I can tell you this, the Pats would be more willing to have Brady do his Brady thing this year (playoff berth, at least a first round playoff win, maybe another Super Bowl victory) and then retire or they would force a trade and or cut Brady in order to keep Garoppolo in house as Brady's successor. Belichek loves him some Jimmy G just like he loved himself some TB12 when he had Bledsoe.

On 7/18/2017 at 1:39 PM, Warhead36 said:

We'll trade three 1st rounders to move up for Lamar Jackson. If you don't learn from your history you're doomed to repeat it.

I know you're joking but I'd be so irate over that.   Horrible pocket awareness in that one.    Athleticism is amazing, has Russell Wilson like elusiveness but accuracy, pocket presence, footwork, all hot messes.    Some team is going to take yet another crack at the guy who is better athlete than quarterback and hope for the best, I hope it isn't the Redskins.

12 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

It's pretty obvious

No it is not. Unless you got a magic ball that clearly shows that he won't be here then it is pretty obvious. Until then Kirk should have been an option. I just wanted to see how many would have chosen that option. Kirk was your control variable. 

On 7/18/2017 at 8:03 PM, bonesbr549 said:

well glad i dropped nfl sunday ticket.   what a cluster

You might want to get that back.  This might be the last season we are competitive for the next decade or so...

Why isn't there a vote for multiple guys starting?

My guess today is another team with more money then we have will front load his contract and we won't be able to keep Kirk next year and he walks. Front loading is diff then poison pill and legal. We will transition tag him and in the end he will be playing elsewhere. That's why they didn't use that this season and at 30+ we can't franchise him again so he's not gonna stay

With that said I would expect the team will draft a couple of QBs next draft. The last time we were looking for a QB we took two of them and it worked out for us pretty well. I think we will try it again in the 2018 draft

As for who's starting at QB for the 2018 season it will be multiple players. I'm sure they will give first crack at it to Colt then move on from him mid season to someone else. Could be a rookie could be Suds but multiple players are starting at QB next season for the team just don't think it will be one guy 

This team does not seem to have a plan for the future of who will be a quarterback. I honestly do not believe Kirk will be back next year.  And it's putting a very sour outlook for me.  

I can't be happy that Kirk is going to be our qb this year.  Knowing even if he has a great year. This team will be starting over next year.  

Usually about this time of year I'm getting ramped up and ready for football, and excited to see my team come to my home town.  But this year, I'm just too depressed too even care to go watch them play.  

17 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Why isn't there a vote for multiple guys starting?

My guess today is another team with more money then we have will front load his contract and we won't be able to keep Kirk next year and he walks. Front loading is diff then poison pill and legal. We will transition tag him and in the end he will be playing elsewhere. 

So NOT the 49ers then given we will have more cap space than them next year. In fact there are only 5 teams who will have more space than us.

Now that does not account for our own free agents we have to resign but we do have cap space to play with to match any front loaded deal.

Archived