Extremeskins

Who Starts at QB in 2018

Boss_Hogg

Redskins 2018 QB  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who's our next victim?

• Colt McCoy
    • Nate Sudfeld
    • Journeyman QB (Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, etc)
    • Rookie QB

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

So NOT the 49ers then given we will have more cap space than them next year. In fact there are only 5 teams who will have more space than us.

Now that does not account for our own free agents we have to resign but we do have cap space to play with to match any front loaded deal.

That isn't accurate though.    That list you are citing does not include rollover cap dollars.   You have to add $60-65 million to the 49ers total as that is roughly the amount they would be rolling over, giving them over $100 million in total available cap space.   Cleveland likewise has a huge chunk of rollover to add to their overall cap space as well.  

51 minutes ago, BoFriedmanJr said:

That isn't accurate though.    That list you are citing does not include rollover cap dollars.   You have to add $60-65 million to the 49ers total as that is roughly the amount they would be rolling over, giving them over $100 million in total available cap space.   Cleveland likewise has a huge chunk of rollover to add to their overall cap space as well.  

It says it includes rollover dollars.

Plus if Kirk signs for Cleveland all the talk of 'its not about the money' is just BS.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

It says it includes rollover dollars.

Plus if Kirk signs for Cleveland all the talk of 'its not about the money' is just BS.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

The total number of available space for 2017 is what they would be rolling over to next year.   You would add that to the available cap space for 2018.   For example the 49ers have $66 million in available cap space right now.   Added on to their 2018 cap that gives them over $110 million for 2018.    The Browns have $53 million, added on to their 2018 cap that gives them a total of over $80 million for 2018.    The Redskins have $6 million in available cap space, rolled over to 2018 that increases their overall total cap space to $60 million.    Huge chunk of money but just a little more than half of what the 49ers will have. 

The 49ers project to have more than $100 million in cap space next offseason depending on how much they end up using this season and then roll over to 2018.

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/25537/kirk-cousins-closer-to-free-agency-but-49ers-must-keep-qb-options-open

14 minutes ago, BoFriedmanJr said:

The total number of available space for 2017 is what they would be rolling over to next year.   

Your right. Although that does assume the 49ers roll it all over and use it all. They clearly didn't this year.

Still the Redskins have space to match an offer unless the 49ers offer something outrageous - in which case I wish them and Kirk well!

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Your right. Although that does assume the 49ers roll it all over and use it all. They clearly didn't this year.

Still the Redskins have space to match an offer unless the 49ers offer something outrageous - in which case I wish them and Kirk well!

Not sure why you think they wouldn't roll it over.   They also wouldn't have to use it all to make a stunning offer to Cousins.     An offer with $40-45 million in the first year, a no trade clause and other incentive factors would be extremely difficult for Washington to match while the 49ers would still be left with a crapload of cap space. 

Which is why I'm not in favor of the transition tag.   Too many teams with substantial cap space that could put together a crazy offer and if he walks, there is zero compensation that comes back.    I think if you can't get a long term deal done then you almost have to franchise tag him for a third year and deal with the $34 million cost, maybe look to trade him while under the franchise tag, eitherway its important that they get something back for him, even if the compensation isn't optimal.    

1 hour ago, BoFriedmanJr said:

Not sure why you think they wouldn't roll it over.   They also wouldn't have to use it all to make a stunning offer to Cousins.     An offer with $40-45 million in the first year, a no trade clause and other incentive factors would be extremely difficult for Washington to match while the 49ers would still be left with a crapload of cap space. 

That presumes Kyle can convince the decision makers and ownership Cousins is worth such a huge front loaded agreement. If he can like I said I'd just let Cousins walk and wish them well. Franchise tag is an option though as you say.

Personally I'm at a point were I'm just going to enjoy this season and let 2018 take care of itself when we get there.

5 hours ago, MartinC said:

That presumes Kyle can convince the decision makers and ownership Cousins is worth such a huge front loaded agreement. If he can like I said I'd just let Cousins walk and wish them well. Franchise tag is an option though as you say.

Personally I'm at a point were I'm just going to enjoy this season and let 2018 take care of itself when we get there.

It is seriously worrisome to see us with so much free cap space and Bruce in charge. He'd spend the absolute minimum that he is legally allowed and swim around like Scrooge McDuck in the rest. Cheap ****.

Archived