Extremeskins

Who Starts at QB in 2018

Boss_Hogg

Redskins 2018 QB  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who's our next victim?

• Colt McCoy
    • Nate Sudfeld
    • Journeyman QB (Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, etc)
    • Rookie QB

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, Kluegs17 said:

I'm not sure what your profession is, but the next time you receive a promotion you should tell your company you will do the job at no-additional cost so they can put better talent elsewhere within your organization.  I'm sure your company you would be very appreciative of your generosity!

In regards to Tom Brady, the New England Patriots might be the best run organization in all of sports.  Washington might have the biggest clown show in their front office outside of the New York Knicks.  Brady also has mega endorsement deals (in addition to a super model wife) to help bring in additional income.  I cannot substantiate this, but I've also heard that Robert Kraft finds alternative ways to compensate Brady by investing in his businesses, etc.

Kraft has been padding Brady's account for years and the league just looks the other way, just another one of the reasons the rest of the league hates New England.

27 minutes ago, Kluegs17 said:

I'm not sure what your profession is, but the next time you receive a promotion you should tell your company you will do the job at no-additional cost so they can put better talent elsewhere within your organization.  I'm sure your company you would be very appreciative of your generosity!

I'm a teacher - so not private sector, but if I won $40 million on the lottery tomorrow, then I absolutely would work for free. That's the difference. We all have bills to pay, I do, Kirk does etc. But if you had enough money, for you and your children to do whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted for the rest of your lives, and never even think about a bill then what is the obsession with stockpiling money? I can't work for free because I don't have millions in the bank.... Wouldn't you rather have your name in the history books as the guy who was the cornerstone of a superbowl dynasty, than the guy who wanted to accumulate money for money's sake but couldn't get past Round 1 of the playoffs? I accept that there's no guarantee of winning the superbowl, but if you're a guy who bets on himself, then you surely would want to give yourself the best shot at being THE GUY in your chosen sport?

I know what you're saying about Kraft etc, I've heard similar, but surely Kirk and Dan could come to a similar arrangement if he really cared about winning a Lombardi? Not sure why you need additional income when the interest alone on $40 million at 3% is well over $1 million per year.  Also agree with what you say about the Front Office though, we're a circus and the incentive to WANT to give the discount has to be there, which is why I said he could sign with any team he chooses.

1 hour ago, UKskins said:

I'm a teacher - so not private sector, but if I won $40 million on the lottery tomorrow, then I absolutely would work for free. That's the difference. We all have bills to pay, I do, Kirk does etc. But if you had enough money, for you and your children to do whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted for the rest of your lives, and never even think about a bill then what is the obsession with stockpiling money? I can't work for free because I don't have millions in the bank.... Wouldn't you rather have your name in the history books as the guy who was the cornerstone of a superbowl dynasty, than the guy who wanted to accumulate money for money's sake but couldn't get past Round 1 of the playoffs? I accept that there's no guarantee of winning the superbowl, but if you're a guy who bets on himself, then you surely would want to give yourself the best shot at being THE GUY in your chosen sport?

I know what you're saying about Kraft etc, I've heard similar, but surely Kirk and Dan could come to a similar arrangement if he really cared about winning a Lombardi? Not sure why you need additional income when the interest alone on $40 million at 3% is well over $1 million per year.  Also agree with what you say about the Front Office though, we're a circus and the incentive to WANT to give the discount has to be there, which is why I said he could sign with any team he chooses.

What if teaching has been proven to lower your expected life span and every day you teach there's a large risk you will receive an injury that will drastically impact your quality of life. After the lotto win would you still work for free? 

Also, if you choose to not take a paycheck for teaching if that meant you could never take a paycheck going forward for teaching would you still make such a kind offer?

Finally, what will happen with the dollars that used to pay your salary? Will they go to programs, the kids, other teachers or maybe just stay in the school? If it was just going to get used in a way you don't agree with would you still give it away? 

Football  players are playing the risk/reward game every day. They are literally hoping their bodies/brains can take the beating long enough to make a living. Also, once they stop playing there is no career they can transition too. We see the odd football personality, but the truth is for every draft class of ~225 players there are that many vets that lose a job to a cheaper, younger employee. I fully support players grabbing every dollar they can while they can. 

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Kraft has been padding Brady's account for years and the league just looks the other way, just another one of the reasons the rest of the league hates New England.

If you look at Brady's contract you can say it's 'Patriot friendly', but when you break down the numbers he has the highest % guaranteed (68.3) of all players not a rookie or on a one year deal. He has $15M guaranteed to him this year and next year. For a player who's 39 years old and wanting to control his last couple years he's pretty much gotten that control. Sure his cap number is a bit lower, but he's fore-fitted some of his potential earnings for guaranteed dollars.  

Jason Campbell may have cured that wind up by now. He's still out there.

We could also try out RG3 or Krappernick since nobody is going to sign them and then we could really see how much this OL has improved since 2014, haha.

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

I also enjoy just making **** up. Like, did you know that mice hatch from bananas?

Tom Brady can take less money because of endorsements and because his personal fortune is dwarfed by his wife's.

2 hours ago, Kluegs17 said:

I am a scientist - I hold a PhD - and I struggle from pay check to pay check but the company i work for right now is a  small company - I help out where I can and I do everything I can to make the place better (implementing better health and safety, better purchasing system, pushing for discounts etc.) but i do not demand to be paid for doing my damn job; i do these things because I love working there - 

I want to work there 

I have dedicated a good proportion of my life - and not many people along the way have believed in me and I am questioned about almost everything I do all the time - but when the work is good - i enjoy my work, some of us are not defined by money - some of us just say words . 

2 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

I am a scientist - I hold a PhD - and I struggle from pay check to pay check but the company i work for right now is a  small company - I help out where I can and I do everything I can to make the place better (implementing better health and safety, better purchasing system, pushing for discounts etc.) but i do not demand to be paid for doing my damn job; i do these things because I love working there - 

I want to work there 

I have dedicated a good proportion of my life - and not many people along the way have believed in me and I am questioned about almost everything I do all the time - but when the work is good - i enjoy my work, some of us are not defined by money - some of us just say words . 

Well, you are a rare breed, good sir.  I expect to be paid my market value at a minimum 

6 hours ago, Kluegs17 said:

Yeah...he should just play for the "love of the game."  :ols:  This isn't a charity, it's a business.  If Kirk signs what you might consider a "reasonable" contract, you can be sure the Redskins or any other NFL team would cut his ass as soon as it behooves them to do so.  It's a two way street.  Football is a ruthless game and your career can be over in an instant, a large percentage of NFL contracts are not guaranteed, which you seem to neglect in your sentiment.

He should play for state average salary. Whatever the common person earns, thats what a QB should earn after a $23 mil year.

Regardless of what happens, I don't think anyone should begrudge Cousins for looking into the option(s) that pay him the most.  The NFL is a dangerous sport, you may be set for life, but you could also leave the game in your 30's and end up losing brain functions in your 40's & 50's.....money can't fix that.

With that said, the highest paying option for Kirk might not be the Redskins, that is just the reality of the matter.  In fact, if the guy wants to get out of town, don't be shocked if he takes less money to get on a plane ASAP.

These are all real possibilities.

I think highly of the way Cousins has handled himself and his business publicly, however it doesn't mean he is being 100% forthright with what is in his heart & mind.  

I was almost going to start a new thread but we have enough related to this topic so I will pose the question here.  What % do you give that says Cousins is not our starting QB in.......2017?

6 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

I just want a QB who actually wants to be here and loves the team and its fans ... seriously anyone BUT kirk cousins ... 

This screams of naivete. I didn't know that could exist in such a cynical, abused fanbase. Its adorable. 

14 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Jason Campbell may have cured that wind up by now. He's still out there.

He's no good unless he can unleash his inner dragon though. 

I wonder if he's tried lighting himself on fire yet? 

17 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I also enjoy just making **** up. Like, did you know that mice hatch from bananas?

Tom Brady can take less money because of endorsements and because his personal fortune is dwarfed by his wife's.

Robert Kraft also frequently "invests" in Brady's business enterprises, perfectly legal but if you can't connect the dots you just aren't trying.

23 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It'll be someone like Jimmy Garrapolo, we'll end up up paying more than we could've had Kirk for, whoever we sign will end up sucking, and Kirk will go off to prosper under Kyle.

22 hours ago, Darc Requiem said:

Realistically? We probably end up with Alex Smith. KC will likely be starting Mahomes in 2018. Smith would be a likely bridge QB until a long term solution can be found. Unfortunately for us, we've been searching for a long term QB for over 30 years at this point.

Im failing to see how the sky is falling.... Alex Smith is legit starting QB in the league. The media can act all they want about how much we are idiots and Kirk holds all the cards, but we are looking at an ELITE QB class in the 2018 draft with 2-3 Elite prospects. Then you have a FA market of QB's who WILL NOT be franchised in Brees, Garoppolo, Cousins, and Bradford. Then you have Alex Smith, Tyrod Taylor, and Glennon who are all likely to be cut.

Bad teams like the Bears, Rams, and even Browns might already have the QB they want for the future... 

1 hour ago, pcbothwel said:

Im failing to see how the sky is falling.... Alex Smith is legit starting QB in the league. The media can act all they want about how much we are idiots and Kirk holds all the cards, but we are looking at an ELITE QB class in the 2018 draft with 2-3 Elite prospects. Then you have a FA market of QB's who WILL NOT be franchised in Brees, Garoppolo, Cousins, and Bradford. Then you have Alex Smith, Tyrod Taylor, and Glennon who are all likely to be cut.

Bad teams like the Bears, Rams, and even Browns might already have the QB they want for the future... 

I'd be willing to bet you always fail to see the sky falling until its literally right on top of your head.

Tell me more about this elite QB class that is so elite you needed to capitalize it.  Tell me more about how we'll need to land in the perfect spot in the draft order and cross our fingers that we can obtain one of these ELITE prospects.  Tell me more about how we plan to waste the best years of guys like Trent and Reeds careers developing this ELITE quarterback that we haven't been able to land in decades.  Then tell me about the plan to get this ELITE quarterback to accept less than the market dictates when it's time to extend his rookie deal.  Maybe we won't even extend him, we'll just go back to the ELITE quarterback tree and grab us another one on the cheap.

I'd ask you to tell me more about obtaining most all of the other guys you mentioned, but I can't muster the words through my vomit.

24 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Make that two sheep and we could have a deal.

They're not for sale. Especially not for what you want to do with them. I was actually watching a History Channel documentary the other day about the invention of kilts. I never knew that their original design was in response to the sheep  over there developing an instinctual fight or flight response to the sound of zippers.

Archived