Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

After they lost game 4, it was sacrificed in fire.

Gawd I hope so.

When I heard that story I thought "oh come on, you KNOW that you're tempting the hockey gods to even ask Backstrom to do that."  And like what is Backy supposed to do, NOT sign something for kids?

Parents got to be smarter than that.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

What missed penalties were they talking about?  

Or are they saying that the refs not calling the interference against Tampa or the tripping in Game 5 that led to the goal somehow helps the Caps?

Oh they have numerous complaints about Wilson, Ovi and DSP from the last game.  But they even admit that the refs arent calling Ps against them either.  They are trying to claim that the lack of all Ps is somehow a conspiracy to benefit the Caps.

Uh huh.

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Oh they have numerous complaints about Wilson, Ovi and DSP from the last game.  But they even admit that the refs arent calling Ps against them either.  They are trying to claim that the lack of all Ps is somehow a conspiracy to benefit the Caps.

Uh huh.

Goes to show you, they KNOW they can’t beat us without the PP.  They’re lobbying hard. It’s all they’ve got.

18 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Uh huh.

THE CAPS HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR MORE PENALTIES THAN THE BOLTS HAVE!  6 more PIMs.  1 minute per game played so far.  There has been 1 game where the Caps have played the same time on the PP as the PK - game 1 where it was 6-6 in PIMs.  ONE ****ING GAME.  They won a game because the refs arm didn't go up - Stamkos clearly tripped Orlov to trigger a 2 on 1 from the blue line in. 

Blech.  Standard sports talk excuse making.  Look internally and the errors and missed opportunities?  No.  Give credit to the other team? No. Oh, blame the refs!  yeah! Waaaaaaaaaaah!

Go Caps!

You down with D-S-P?

Yeah you know me!

Who's down with D-S-P?

All the homies!

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Just win this one game.

And maybe, just maybe, the 4 games after that, please? :) 

man. A part of me is kinda worried that the caps won game 6 and everybody got all excited and it’ll just end in disappointing DC Sports fashion tonight. The other part of me though thinks this is a very different capitals team and that games 3, 4 and 5 were just a fluke. I just want a win tonight so badly. I want to party with caps fans on the streets in DC tonight after the viewing party 

28 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

And maybe, just maybe, the 4 games after that, please? :) 

man. A part of me is kinda worried that the caps won game 6 and everybody got all excited and it’ll just end in disappointing DC Sports fashion tonight. The other part of me though thinks this is a very different capitals team and that games 3, 4 and 5 were just a fluke. I just want a win tonight so badly. I want to party with caps fans on the streets in DC tonight after the viewing party 

I don't think games 3 through 5 had to have been a fluke for this to be a very different Caps team. This is a very good opponent and it's not like you either have to be the clear-cut better team or not. It's a coin flip right now which means the Caps and Lightning are the best two teams the Eastern Conference has to offer. Win or lose tonight, it has been a great series. 

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Uh huh.

I mean yea, if your team is the recipient of 40 clean checks, and only gives 19 back, then it's smart to complain about the clean checks because the less checking the better.  The entire key to tonight's game is if the Caps can bring the level of physicality from game 6 again.  The Bolts can't match that.  If it becomes a skating and passing contest, the Bolts will win.  

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean yea, if your team is the recipient of 40 clean checks, and only gives 19 back, then it's smart to complain about the clean checks because the less checking the better.  The entire key to tonight's game is if the Caps can bring the level of physicality from game 6 again.  The Bolts can't match that.  If it becomes a skating and passing contest, the Bolts will win.  

The trick is bringing the physicality without incuring penalties. Its a very thin line to walk, but the Caps need to pull it off somehow.

I'm really envious of all of you who get to be in and around the DC area tonight (currently I live in Eastern PA. Boo! :( ).

I remember for the '98 ECF I was in Tysons Corner and huge crowds of people were outside of sports bars and electronics

stores watching the game. When Juneau scored the entire mall erupted :)

Should be similar scene tonight if the Caps win.

EDIT: Just remembered two players from that Buffalo team, one of whom I adored (Mike Peca -- would have killed to have him as a Cap) and the other who I hated (Matthew Barnaby). I actually met Barnaby live in New York once -- actually turned out to be a very nice guy. He was a complete bast*rd on the ice though. 

I'm also in PA (in the Harrisburg area) and if I didn't have work tomorrow, I'd probably take a nap this afternoon and drive down to a watch party or something. 

Instead I'm probably going to go bowling again and check in on the score until going home. Part of me doesn't wanna even start listening until the end of the 2nd Period. 

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23583991/washington-capitals-coach-barry-trotz-starts-practice-hot-lap-ice

Captain Alex Ovechkin had opened practice with a hot lap since Game 6 of the semifinals, when they eliminated the Penguins in Pittsburgh. But a Game 5 loss at the Tampa Bay Lightning meant a new skater before Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals: their 55-year-old head coach, Barry Trotz.

I like where the guys are at.  I don't think this year is going to be the same old Caps in game 7.  

Archived