Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Assuming we make it past TB, I have no preference in who we face.

I want to make it past TB as fast as possible, so we can just say we made it to the finals.  I also am worried that we will disperse the Lightning so fast that we will be sitting on our hands waiting for WPG and VGK to finish and go cold.  So yeah...

Just win.

I have no idea what to expect tonight. 

TB is better than they have played.  But I really don’t know if they’re coach and players have the ability to adjust to what the Caps are doing.  

They play lay the same way all the time.  And the first two games the Caps game planned for it and destroyed them. 

If TB makes an adjustment, I think it opens them up even more.  

That said.  There’s no way their individual players continue playing poorly.  I expect Vasy to be Haseklike at some point. And Hedman has to play better than he has. 

I have this weird calm confidence.  And THAT scares the **** out of me. 

Agree, on the bullseye aspect of his hand.

I think you rest him tonight, IF and I mean IF, Caps come out flat and play tight coming home with a chance to take a commanding lead, then I think about it for Game 4, assuming they drop tonight IF and I mean IF they play tight.

Hoping the combination of swagger and youth are ready for anything tonight.  Stick with the current plan, get up early and get the crowd on Vasilevskiy, think he is ripe for a complete meltdown.

Am I a "bandwagon" Caps fan?

Family had seasons tickets for maybe 10 seasons or so in the 80's to early 90s. As a kid, I went to about every home game including the playoffs. Away games, I listened to them on the radio in bed when i was supposed to be sleeping. Would even stay up for the canadian or west coast late games. Played organized ice and on mens floor/rollerblade teams as a young teen. Spent every penny on hockey cards, got a bazillion of them. 

Stopped following around 1992 when I was turning 16 or so and started partying hard etc. 

Now, with the Caps run .. Im watching every game. Im glued in. 

But I feel like a bandwagoner. I didnt stop following the caps bc they werent winning. I stopped bc I became distracted by girls and raves and it became hard to follow all the russian/euro newcomers with unfamiliar names.

It feels odd.  

You know after knocking out the Pens I was content. I thought whatever happened after was gravy. Like we were playing with house money. But after seeing the way the caps have played the last two games nothing less than Ovi raising a cup will be acceptable. I want it now more than ever lol

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Bandwagon or not, it feels great to have so many people posting in this thread now.

CAPS Bandwagon?  Kornheiser says Caps are going to win it all. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2018/05/15/tony-kornheiser-on-the-capitals-theyre-going-to-win-the-stanley-cup/?utm_term=.056a824966b8

...need to find someone to write a bandwagon column for the Post.

Just now, MarkB452 said:

CAPS Bandwagon?  Kornheiser says Caps are going to win it all. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2018/05/15/tony-kornheiser-on-the-capitals-theyre-going-to-win-the-stanley-cup/?utm_term=.056a824966b8

...need to find someone to write a bandwagon column for the Post.

If they win it all, HE is the first one that needs to come out and offer the fans an apology for the way he has treated them over the years. I hope they win

just to see the blank, dumbfounded look on his haggard old face. 

29 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Am I a "bandwagon" Caps fan?

Family had seasons tickets for maybe 10 seasons or so in the 80's to early 90s. As a kid, I went to about every home game including the playoffs. Away games, I listened to them on the radio in bed when i was supposed to be sleeping. Would even stay up for the canadian or west coast late games. Played organized ice and on mens floor/rollerblade teams as a young teen. Spent every penny on hockey cards, got a bazillion of them. 

Stopped following around 1992 when I was turning 16 or so and started partying hard etc. 

Now, with the Caps run .. Im watching every game. Im glued in. 

But I feel like a bandwagoner. I didnt stop following the caps bc they werent winning. I stopped bc I became distracted by girls and raves and it became hard to follow all the russian/euro newcomers with unfamiliar names.

It feels odd.  

You're more "authentic" than most.

I'm a diehard Skins fan first and foremost. D.C. Sports came to me from that. But it's more casual than my love for the Redskins.

I started watching the Caps in the playoffs around 09. My roommate freshman year of college was a big hockey fan and he got me into it. Since then, I've followed the Capitals in the playoffs and kept up in the regular season when I could.

Still enjoying the run to the Cup.

I learned hockey listening to Ron Weber on WMAL, through my pillow while I was supposed to be sleeping.  I started watching the Caps on WDCA20 whenever they were on (I would use the TV guide in the local paper to find out - yeah, old), and watched on HTS at my grandparents.  I watched the Dale Hunter goal in their basement, telling my mom we would leave when the game was over. We were there for a while.

For the 1998 run, I had just joined the Army and was in AIT in San Angelo, TX.  In order to break curfew to watch the ECF and the SCF games, I had to prepay 1,000 push-ups to my Drill SGT.  He had a white board in his office, and I had to have him or another cadre member count the push-ups. It about killed me.

I took my wife to her first ever hockey game in April of 2003 - when they lost 4 straight to the Lightning after winning games 1 & 2 - when the Caps took a penalty in triple OT and were eliminated by Marty St Louis.  I have seen the Caps lose dramatic 7th games (Canadians), blow-outs, and miss the playoffs completely (**** you Oates).  But I have never seen, live, the Caps play with a lead in the ECF at home. 

I do remember the 1998 team vaguely but only that they got the **** kicked out of them in the Stanley Cup by the Red Wings. I'd just turned 7 and I didn't know anything about hockey. Definitely didn't come from a hockey household but I learned from my dad that if a team has "Washington" in front of their name, they're our team so the Caps have been "my team" by default.

I'm still not a hockey guy per se but I certainly respect the sport (kinda got into it during the 2010 Winter Olympics) but haven't had a victory parade in D.C. since I was an infant. If it's the Caps rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue first, I'll be there.

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

idiot got in a crash on 66 east

gonna take over an hour to drive into DC

you see why I don't deal with this ****?

Is Metro running late tonight for the game?

3 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

I do remember the 1998 team vaguely but only that they got the **** kicked out of them in the Stanley Cup by the Red Wings. I'd just turned 7 and I didn't know anything about hockey. Definitely didn't come from a hockey household but I learned from my dad that if a team has "Washington" in front of their name, they're our team so the Caps have been "my team" by default.

I'm still not a hockey guy per se but I certainly respect the sport (kinda got into it during the 2010 Winter Olympics) but haven't had a victory parade in D.C. since I was an infant. If it's the Caps rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue first, I'll be there.

Is Metro running late tonight for the game?

Yes but I purchased parking last night for 10 Dollars

Archived