Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Nice to see them not even blink when they got that bad call which resulted in a power play which ended up with TB scoring to go ahead 2-1.  Like water off a duck's back they kept doing what they do, and just outplayed them brilliantly.

4 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Play him. Just makes us stronger. You sit Chaisson or DSP.

I don't know man the current configuration smoking hot and has got this Tampa squad totally figured out. Only if Nick is 100% and demanding to play.

10-4 in goals last two games.

There are some crazy statistics going on right now.  Ovi has, what, 10 goals this playoffs across 14 games?  7-1 on the road?  10-2 over the last 12 games?

These are nonsense stats.  Like I used every loophole possible in NHL 16 to make a team that was head and shoulders above EVERYONE in that game and yet if I set it to auto-play the stats were not nearly this wacky.

I'm enjoying it, but we gotta come out hard at home.

I must say that these past first 2 games have been pleasure to watch after so much heartache.  Total team effort put in by everyone involved.  Hopefully things stay the course in DC.  With that said, I think that TB's worst player is their goalie and we may see his backup from here forward and he's been pretty solid in his limited playing time

10 down. Six to go.

1 minute ago, Mournblade said:

I don't know man the current configuration smoking hot and has got this Tampa squad totally figured out. Only if Nick is 100% and demanding to play.

Of course he needs to be healthy. But he’s a top 3 player on the team. Wilson was out and we won, so I don’t think it matters. We’re playing well no matter who is on the ice.

Just now, thebluefood said:

Two more wins and we go to the show. Holy **** - we are two games away from the ****ing show, y'all.

Six more wins and I'm taking that sweet, sweet PTO to head down for the parade. 

More to the point, we are two wins away from beating the best team in hockey. I think we would have a very strong chance against either the 'Peg or Vegas.

12 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

The analyst on NBC Sports agrees with you and said if I am Nick I just sit, even if I am ready to go, and let the players who are hot keep on playing. I agree. 

1 minute ago, zskins said:

The analyst on NBC Sports agrees with you and said if I am Nick I just sit, even if I am ready to go, and let the players who are hot keep on playing. I agree. 

There is no way they should breakup that 2nd line.

Just now, zskins said:

**** that. If I'm ready to go and I'm a world class player, I'm playing. I would be big time disappointed if Backstrom chose to sit if he was healthy. 

Just now, Zazzaro703 said:

There is no way they should breakup that 2nd line.

Yes they should. The Caps were winning with Backstrom and Backstrom was had a lot of points. People are forgetting how awesome Backstrom is for some reason. 

Archived