Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

**** that. If I'm ready to go and I'm a world class player, I'm playing. I would be big time disappointed if Backstrom chose to sit if he was healthy. 

I get that but what he plays and messes up how the line has been playing. What do you do as a coach then? Sit him down? Theoretically he shouldn't hurt the line. Just a thought. 

Just now, zskins said:

I get that but what he plays and messes up how the line has been playing. What do you do as a coach then? Sit him down? Theoretically he shouldn't hurt the line. Just a thought. 

How many games did the Caps win with Backstrom? TJ Oshie and Lars were scoring points when Backstrom was with Oshie and Lars was on the 3rd line. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

How many games did the Caps win with Backstrom? TJ Oshie and Lars were scoring points when Backstrom was with Oshie and Lars was on the 3rd line. 

Yes. But you gotta admit they are hot without him. As long as the hotness continues I really don't care who plays what line though. :) 

Ask every single Capitals player if they would bring Backstrom back if he was ready. Ask them what line he should play on. Answers will be **** Yes and Second line. I bet you Lars would say the same thing. Caps want a Cup and Backstrom helps them do that. 

Just now, zskins said:

Yes. But you gotta admit they are hot without him. As long as the hotness continues I really don't care who plays what line though. :) 

The Caps were rolling with Backstrom too. 

12 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Eller is doing what Backstrom did for 4 wins and then 3 wins before he got hurt. Eller will need to go back to the third line.

No. Absolutely not.

Anyone lobbying to break up Vrana-Eller-Oshie ...lay off the sauce : )

Or do you just mean that line becomes the third line? Either way, they are dominating every game, cannot break them up under any circumstance.

25 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Winnipeg terrifies me.

I want Vegas.  I want Fleury.

I had game 1 on the other day, sheesh, here's to hoping for "1 game", I'd rather get a crack at Vegas as well, but both are acting like they've been there before.  Really impressive when you think about it, I wouldn't expect either to be scared of us, gotta kick ass and chew bubblegum whoever comes out the west.

I dunno about Backstrom man.  This team has looked like world beaters without him.  If he’s healthy and ready to play, I’m thinking 3rd or 4th line.  Backstrom isn’t fast, doesn’t forecheck particularly well, he doesn’t hit.  He’s a great passer and superb defender but he rarely ever shoots.  He’s a huge asset on the PP.

I don’t see how you can, in good conscience, break up the top six as it is right now.  They’re unstoppable.

38 minutes ago, Hersh said:

**** that. If I'm ready to go and I'm a world class player, I'm playing. I would be big time disappointed if Backstrom chose to sit if he was healthy. 

I agree.  But I probably don’t rush it because of how well the team is playing.  Make sure I’m as healthy as possible before going out there. 

Put another way: I don’t want to break up the current situation for 70% of Backstrom. But I’d be happy to get 100% of him and switch things up...

The Caps appear to be exorcising their more recent demons in the Ovi era:

First Round:       Defeated John Tortorella, who coached the NY Rangers when they eliminated the Caps in the playoffs

Second Round:  Defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins.  Enough said.

Third Round:      Defeating the TB Lightning, who swept them in the playoffs not too long ago.

Fourth Round:    Defeat GMGM & Vegas to end the curse???

Fingers still crossed that this is their year.

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I dunno about Backstrom man.  This team has looked like world beaters without him.  If he’s healthy and ready to play, I’m thinking 3rd or 4th line.  Backstrom isn’t fast, doesn’t forecheck particularly well, he doesn’t hit.  He’s a great passer and superb defender but he rarely ever shoots.  He’s a huge asset on the PP.

I don’t see how you can, in good conscience, break up the top six as it is right now.  They’re unstoppable.

Backstrom is the best two way player the Caps have. You put him right back where he was. 

There is some serious undervaluing of Backstrom going on here. When Pens and Caps were tied 1-1 going to Pittsburgh, Backy had 3 assists including on the game winning 2 on 1 with Ovechkin. You don't keep great players on the bench or in reduced roles if they are 100%. 

Remember, Vrana played really well with Ovechkin and Kuzy for a couple of wins. As soon as Wilson was back, immediately back to the top line. 

40 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I agree.  But I probably don’t rush it because of how well the team is playing.  Make sure I’m as healthy as possible before going out there. 

Put another way: I don’t want to break up the current situation for 70% of Backstrom. But I’d be happy to get 100% of him and switch things up...

Agree completely. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Okay stop the insanity.  Backstrom is, and has been for a long time, our best player.  Theres no need to rush him with how we are playing. I say we keep him as the ace up our sleeve.  First sign of struggle, put him back in, but in the mean time, let him heal.  Its weird that we are so good that we don't need him right now.  But we will need him, eventually, to win the Stanley Cup.

Kudos to Trotz, lost in all of this is the fact that he has plain out-couchedeveryone this year.  The 1-4 trap was a perfect pick, by the time Tampa Bay figures out how to beat it, the series will be over. Didn't skip a beat when he lost his best player (Backstrom), and didn't let his team get fazed by the various screw jobs the referees attempted.  He's got the team playing with such focused energy,  that  it makes Tampa Bay look like they're not taking this ECF very seriously -- which I assure you they are, the just don't know what's hit them!

7 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

No. Absolutely not.

Anyone lobbying to break up Vrana-Eller-Oshie ...lay off the sauce : )

Or do you just mean that line becomes the third line? Either way, they are dominating every game, cannot break them up under any circumstance.

I can live with not breaking up the line for now, but if Backstrom is 100%, he has to play. 

#nosauce

Archived