Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

4 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Am I a "bandwagon" Caps fan?

Family had seasons tickets for maybe 10 seasons or so in the 80's to early 90s. As a kid, I went to about every home game including the playoffs. Away games, I listened to them on the radio in bed when i was supposed to be sleeping. Would even stay up for the canadian or west coast late games. Played organized ice and on mens floor/rollerblade teams as a young teen. Spent every penny on hockey cards, got a bazillion of them. 

Stopped following around 1992 when I was turning 16 or so and started partying hard etc. 

Now, with the Caps run .. Im watching every game. Im glued in. 

But I feel like a bandwagoner. I didnt stop following the caps bc they werent winning. I stopped bc I became distracted by girls and raves and it became hard to follow all the russian/euro newcomers with unfamiliar names.

It feels odd.  

I want people on the bandwagon. LOAD UP. Better than being a sad, depressed Wizards-only fan.

Been watching/following this team since the 80-81 season.

Listened to games on the radio. Parents didn’t care because they knew I didn’t need a lot of sleep (still don’t) and I was at least in bed resting. They knew I kept the radio on all night weather it was music or sports. 

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Honestly, if the Caps didnt beat the Penguins, I highly doubt I would be watching them right now. 

In fairness, if the Caps didn't beat the Penguins, none of us would be watching them right now.

5 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m feeling crisp.

Oh, dear...?

4 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Am I a "bandwagon" Caps fan?

Family had seasons tickets for maybe 10 seasons or so in the 80's to early 90s. As a kid, I went to about every home game including the playoffs. Away games, I listened to them on the radio in bed when i was supposed to be sleeping. Would even stay up for the canadian or west coast late games. Played organized ice and on mens floor/rollerblade teams as a young teen. Spent every penny on hockey cards, got a bazillion of them. 

Stopped following around 1992 when I was turning 16 or so and started partying hard etc. 

Now, with the Caps run .. Im watching every game. Im glued in. 

But I feel like a bandwagoner. I didnt stop following the caps bc they werent winning. I stopped bc I became distracted by girls and raves and it became hard to follow all the russian/euro newcomers with unfamiliar names.

It feels odd.  

You're not, just because your screen name is one of the best. ?

I loved those commercials they did for two years or so and wish they'd bring them back. Had a season of commercials like the one you posted and a season where big plays were played in reverse.

Been watching the Redskins and Caps since I was 7 in 1987. Had a break with the Caps when I went to JMU from 99-04 because too much craziness was going on but was back aboard the train when we drafted Ovechkin.

Really hope the Caps play the same road game they have played 3 times in a row but at home. Worst thing that can happen is the bull**** early goal against. Please don't let it happen tonight. Crowd is going to be lit having not seen the Caps since game 5 comeback against pens don't take them out of it 2 mins into the game.

So I don't have any red clothing, hasn't been a color for me since the 80s.

BUT....

I went digging in some random boxes and managed to find a red shirt that I bought in London in '84, and with my red Angry Birds pajama pants (reps our Bald Eagles), I'm appropriately outfitted. ?

HORN HORN HORN

LET'S GO CAPS !!!!!!!

And btw, I've been like this every morning since we ****ed up the Pens world....

IMG_5159.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhh....

Guys, I think the simulation is breaking down...W̷e̸'̶r̵e̵ ǧ̶̘̠͜e̶̿͛͒̅̕̚͜ţ̴͙̞̲̗̯̱̟͊͋͋ț̵̥̌i̵͙̝͖̭̼̅̚n̵̻͖͌̿̐͘g̸̨̭͙̫̫̓̀̀ e̴͈͙̩̠̯̻̊̎́͌̍͐̄͗̅̃̑͒͑͘͝ͅR̸̨̢̰̯̰͖͎̯̟̥̭̠͕̱̎͒̆̃͜r̸̛̖̦̹͒̓̇̀̈̽̌̏̐̒̂̀̾͘͝͝o̷̢̺͇̼̬̙͎͈͖͔̘̯̜̿̓͋̆͊̀̅͒̍̚ͅR̵̡̨͓͉͉̼͇̱͇̖̝̫̞̲̜̓͐̽̃̃̿͛͐͑̊͊͛͋̓̔̔̚͜͝͝͝s̶̡̨̫̼̙̳̻̤͙̺͈̞͙͉̰̜͇͉̦̲͇̯̉͌͌̇̅͛͌̇̔̽̉͝͝

46 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Uhhhhhhhhh....

Guys, I think the simulation is breaking down...W̷e̸'̶r̵e̵ ǧ̶̘̠͜e̶̿͛͒̅̕̚͜ţ̴͙̞̲̗̯̱̟͊͋͋ț̵̥̌i̵͙̝͖̭̼̅̚n̵̻͖͌̿̐͘g̸̨̭͙̫̫̓̀̀ e̴͈͙̩̠̯̻̊̎́͌̍͐̄͗̅̃̑͒͑͘͝ͅR̸̨̢̰̯̰͖͎̯̟̥̭̠͕̱̎͒̆̃͜r̸̛̖̦̹͒̓̇̀̈̽̌̏̐̒̂̀̾͘͝͝o̷̢̺͇̼̬̙͎͈͖͔̘̯̜̿̓͋̆͊̀̅͒̍̚ͅR̵̡̨͓͉͉̼͇̱͇̖̝̫̞̲̜̓͐̽̃̃̿͛͐͑̊͊͛͋̓̔̔̚͜͝͝͝s̶̡̨̫̼̙̳̻̤͙̺͈̞͙͉̰̜͇͉̦̲͇̯̉͌͌̇̅͛͌̇̔̽̉͝͝

Now this makes my husband and I argue. 

Actually that's cool, gives me a reason to stay in another room for a while. 

He's still talking

Re: bandwagon fans

I was a huge Caps fan as a kid, probably more so than a Skins fan.  The strikes in the early 90's made me swear off hockey forever.  I picked it back up just to see it happen again in the mid-2000's.  I have started getting back into in recent years.  I'm sure the Caps being good has a part to play in that.

4 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Does anybody have a stream available?

This big storm that came through seemed to have ruined my cable

I  lost my cable once in 12 years (total power outage).

Cat sneeze + Harley going by? Dish flakes out.

As far as bandwagon goes, I'm DC Sports all the way though the Skins are far and away #1.  I've watched a decent amount of hockey over the years and can name enough former Caps to seem competent, but I can't admit to being a huge fan, just a fan of DC and the teams that come with it.

I'm also probably one of the only people who thought the glowing puck thing Fox did years ago was cool.

3 minutes ago, Forehead said:

As far as bandwagon goes, I'm DC Sports all the way though the Skins are far and away #1.  I've watched a decent amount of hockey over the years and can name enough former Caps to seem competent, but I can't admit to being a huge fan, just a fan of DC and the teams that come with it.

I'm also probably one of the only people who thought the glowing puck thing Fox did years ago was cool.

1. I am a bandwagon fan, other than football, I only watch other DC teams when they're in the playoffs.

2. The way this sky looks, I might lose power again like last night. 

Archived