Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

What disappoints me the most is the GOP's slide towards enabling an authoritarian, misogynistic, Constitution-hating, narcissistic d-bag who shares few of the values of conservatives. If you don't like the direction the country is going, then you need to do the work and win elections, NOT try to overthrow your own government based on a LIE that has never been proved and never will be.

It's galling that many of the people who were rightfully horrified by Trump's actions on January 6th now support him and believe all those idiots are "hostages" and not prisoners who were rightfully convicted by our criminal justice system. If they weren't guilty, why did 90% of them plead guilty?

Conservatives can't see that an innocent man would want his trial to start as soon as possible to get it over with and prove his innocence...NOT delay the trial for the 10th time like Trump tried just yesterday. They can't see they're being used by a con-man who cares nothing about others...look at all his former supporters who are in jail, bankrupt, or both.

Conservatives believe the lie that the federal government is a "deep state" and is against the American people, and the same with the media. While the media leans 95% to the left (look at the criticisms made by an NPR editor just yesterday) that isn't proof of a vast conspiracy against our own country.

Trumps' enabling of sick dictators like Putin and Kim Jong Il will eventually bring war to this country, not avoid it. If Putin is not stopped in Ukraine he will continue in eastern Europe...and any GOPer should understand this. Reagan would be spinning in his grave.

Any Republican voter who thinks if Trump wins and they will wake up on January 21st 2025 and millions of illegals will have been deported (or put in camps), that religion will be brought back into schools, Christianity will be incorporated into the Constitution, foreigners denied jobs, and abortion completely illegal everywhere is delusional.

And they don't get that Trump will easily abandon them if it suits his purposes...which is to stay out of jail. What a great example of leadership!

I'm not sure if the GOP can ever recover. Maybe there will come a day when people hide their MAGA hats and deny every being a Trump supporter in the first place, but I fear a lot of violence is going to happen in this country before then. I tend to lean conservative at least on many economic and most foreign policy issues, but I'm libertarian when it comes to social issues...and despite voting for the GOP 75% of the time I will no longer do so as long as MAGA is running (ruining) the party.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Texas AG Ken Paxton sues Harris County to block program that would give cash to poorest households

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton sued Harris County on Tuesday to block a new guaranteed income pilot program that would provide financial assistance to families in the county’s poorest neighborhoods.

Under the federally funded program, roughly 1,900 Harris County households would receive monthly cash payments of $500 for 18 months. The county put $20.5 million in federal COVID-19 relief funds to launch the program, known as Uplift Harris, which is intended to help households in the county’s 10 poorest ZIP codes who are living 200% below the federal poverty line with no strings attached. Those families had already been selected and payments were slated to begin this month.

Conservatives balked at the program after Harris County commissioners approved it in June and have since tried to stop it. State Sen. Paul Bettencourt, a Houston-area Republican who frequently has sought to undercut the county’s Democratic leadership, asked Paxton earlier this year to declare the law unconstitutional.

Paxton blasted the program in a legal filing Tuesday, calling it an “illegal and illegitimate government overreach” and dubbing it the “Harris Handout.” Paxton argues the pilot program violates a section of the Texas Constitution that says no local government can “lend its credit or to grant public money or thing of value” to individuals.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

5 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

If Putin is not stopped in Ukraine he will continue in eastern Europe...and any GOPer should understand this. Reagan would be spinning in his grave.

Conservatives in 2024 would ****ing hate Reagan if he were president.  I mean, they could identify that he apparently plays for their team, but that's about it.

I was in SC a few weeks ago, visiting my wife's family.  Her aunt and uncle are hardcore conservatives, in their 70s.  What you're picturing in your mind is probably pretty accurate.

Anyway, they're glued to Fox News and there was this commercial that came on, I can't remember who it was for or by and of course I can't find it now...but anyway, it had Ronald Reagan in it, it was a mash up of some of his famous quotes, kind of trying to tie Biden to him and stopping the Ivans from taking over.  I really can't remember it in detail but it was very well done.  

And of course it went right over their heads.  But my wife's aunt piped up "That's the man we need right now, Ronald Reagan." 

I couldn't help myself, because not 10 minutes before they were talking about illegal immigration, how terrible it is, blah blah blah.  And I said "You are aware that Ronald Reagan gave amnesty to three or four million illegal immigrants in '86 or '87?"

Stone cold silence.

"Well, I must have forgotten about that."

I've always felt that they're so against Biden that they're viewing this as Biden's war.  If it were their guy in office taking a stance against Putin, they'd be all for it.  That's how bad they are, their guy won't stand up to the Ivans so they have to take his stance.  It's ****ing embarrassing.  

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've always felt that they're so against Biden that they're viewing this as Biden's war.  If it were their guy in office taking a stance against Putin, they'd be all for it.  That's how bad they are, their guy won't stand up to the Ivans so they have to take his stance.  It's ****ing embarrassing.  

Yep, if it was Biden supporters who stormed the Capitol on January 6th the MAGA crowd would be claiming INSURRECTION. But since it was their own folks, they were just EXPRESSING THEIR 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It seems to me for the most part they’re just opposite democrats, and that’s all that supports their opinions fundamentally

Reverse psychology used on a 5 year old would work, if it wasn’t 40% of the population 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

It seems to me for the most part they’re just opposite democrats, and that’s all that supports their opinions fundamentally

Reverse psychology used on a 5 year old would work, if it wasn’t 40% of the population 

That's pretty much it, and the proof if it was needed was the bi-partisan border bill they killed because Trump said they wouldn't support anything a dem had a part of because it would hurt the election.
You nailed it. Their entire platform is If any dem at all is for it, we're against it, even if it's something we want.

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

14 minutes ago, Bang said:

That's pretty much it, and the proof if it was needed was the bi-partisan border bill they killed because Trump said they wouldn't support anything a dem had a part of because it would hurt the election.
You nailed it. Their entire platform is If any dem at all is for it, we're against it, even if it's something we want.

~Bang

That’s why any negotiations with a Republican is done is bad faith. 

I get so angry when media pundits emphatically state that Dems need to focus/campaign on policy. 

You can’t discuss/argue logistics with an opponent that calls you a pedophile baby blood Drinking communist. 

Dems are asking people to use their cerebral cortex (grey matter) and Repubs are accessing the primal brain stem (fear). The latter tends to be more responsive to stimuli.

And what’s been driving the latest Dem winning streak at the ballots? Fear (taking away women’s rights).

No need to talk about what you’re going to do. Don’t give the Repubs any ammo. Simply emphasize how the GOP is going to hurt you.

• Like 3

On 4/9/2024 at 5:46 PM, Riggo-toni said:

I cannot express enough how embarrassed I am that that stupid Karen-ass **** reps my district.

Actually, you should be more embarrassed about your neighbors. It’s a majority of them, who gave her the job and then re-elected her..

• Thumb up 1

If Dems committed fraud in 2020, they did a piss poor job. Only one guy one.

The gop gained house seats in 2020 and only won Georgia senate seats because Trump told his voters not to vote in runoff.

If you’re going to steal an election, I’d make sure I won big in congressional races.

38 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Dems committed fraud in 2020, they did a piss poor job. Only one guy one.

The gop gained house seats in 2020 and only won Georgia senate seats because Trump told his voters not to vote in runoff.

If you’re going to steal an election, I’d make sure I won big in congressional races.

That's probably what the Republicans will do after the election because I think that Democrats take both houses of Congress plus the executive. Women are pissed and it's getting more evident all the time as Republicans keep pushing their anti-woman agenda. The next season of The Handmaid's Tale will air this summer. Gilead isn't very popular with thinking women, or those of us opposed with Christian Nationalism.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Actually, you should be more embarrassed about your neighbors. It’s a majority of them, who gave her the job and then re-elected her..

It's mostly not my neighborhood - we had a different rep in 2018, but then they gerrymandered us into her district.  Her base is an hour away in Rome GA, aka Redneckistan. I live just a short walk outside of Marietta.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Don't laugh, tshile, there are those in the Christian Nationalists group who advocate for repeal of women's voting rights. It's certainly not funny after the loss of Roe v. Wade reproductive rights. We aren't laughing.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I don't know where else to post this but I might as well do it here.  I've been getting text messages from their campaign, from ****bag Lara and the amphetamine addled orange ****face himself, asking me to take a poll, to donate, etc.  

I've replied STOP several times.  

Do the text messages stop?  **** no they don't!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't know where else to post this but I might as well do it here.  I've been getting text messages from their campaign, from ****bag Lara and the amphetamine addled orange ****face himself, asking me to take a poll, to donate, etc.  

I've replied STOP several times.  

Do the text messages stop?  **** no they don't!

Just block the numbers.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh I have.  Think that's stopped them?

You can file a TCPA complaint. 
it matters cause it costs them lawyer fees and potentially fines and they do take it seriously. 

what I’m not sure of is what your obligation beyond filing the complaint is. Obviously you wouldn’t want to spend your money on it, but maybe you just fill out a form and the govt does the rest. You’d have to look into it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Don't laugh, tshile, there are those in the Christian Nationalists group who advocate for repeal of women's voting rights. It's certainly not funny after the loss of Roe v. Wade reproductive rights. We aren't laughing.

I would also expect them to repeal the Civil Rights Act. Only whites should have rights.