Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

RNC Members Accuse Fellow Member of Being a Chinese Spy—Just Because He’s Chinese

When medical equipment wholesaler Solomon Yue emigrated to the United States from China in 1980, he quickly became a conservative activist and outspoken critic of the Chinese Communist Party.

But now, the longtime Oregon Republican National Committeeman faces an allegation from some fellow RNC members that is particularly serious and potentially racist—the allegation that he is a Chinese spy, seemingly based entirely on the fact that he is Chinese.

When The Daily Beast reached out to Yue to discuss the baseless allegations, he was all too aware that some RNC members had been discussing the possibility that he was a Chinese spy.

“Those people try to basically attack and defame me, and I assume probably you got a call from the people in Oregon,” he said.

Contrary to the accusations, Yue claimed that he has exposed CPP intelligence operations in the United States.

“I actually catch Chinese spies infiltrating the RNC and the Trump campaign,” Yue said of alleged Chinese-government-backed “sleeper cells” that he claimed have sought to “penetrate” the RNC.

Yue pointed to one specific example of two people trying to associate themselves with the RNC who he said were Chinese-backed spies, but The Daily Beast wasn’t able to verify any of the claims and wasn’t able to reach the people involved.

In one document, titled “Petition to Recall Solomon Yue” and reviewed by The Daily Beast, those seeking to unseat him questioned his “loyalty.”

“Whereas National Committeeman Solomon Yue, who was born in communist China, has had serious questions as to his loyalty asked by many including former Republican Party Chairman Bob Tiernan Intelligence Officer in the United States Navy,” the document said.

“It’s totally slander,” Yue said, responding to the recall document.

In the end, Yue got out of the recall election this past June unscathed. But Yue once again took note of the people who were calling him a Chinese spy during that effort to remove him.

Yue mentioned specific names, but again, The Daily Beast wasn’t able to verify that either person he mentioned was behind the rumors.

An RNC official declined to comment on this story.

Either way, the rumor has found its legs.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney’s deputy national security adviser—and former RNC Idaho state chairman—Stephen Yates said he’s long known Yue and is confident he’s no spy.

“Not only do I have no evidence or concern that Solomon is an agent of the CCP or a double agent or some kind of purveyor of influence operations on behalf of the CCP,” Yates said. “I have immense personal experience that has only been 100 percent consistent with the opposite of that assertion.”

Click on the link for the full story

On 9/1/2023 at 12:06 AM, China said:

On brand, Paxton's PAC threatens the senators that could impeach him:

Pressure intensifies on Texas senators ahead of Paxton trial

Pressure is intensifying to sway public opinion on suspended-Attorney General Ken Paxton. While television ads and social media posts are pushed out, it is notable that much of the pressure mounts on Texas senators.

Senators who will act as jurors in the impeachment trial of the attorney general are being lobbied and targeted by political groups.

“Anyone that votes against Ken Paxton in this impeachment is risking their entire political career and we will make sure that is the case,” Jonathan Stickland, president of the pro-Paxton Defend Texas Liberty PAC, said recent in a media appearance.

Echoing similar statements is director of the same PAC, Luke Macias, who spoke with WFAA this week.

“I think republican politicians who decide to vote with the democrats are going to be seen as such,” Macias said.

Paxton, a Republican, is in his third term as attorney general. Macias said voters have kept Paxton in office because they like the job he is doing and, a representatives, it is a senators’ job to listen to their constituents.

“We’re having conversations with Texans all across the state, millions of republican voters, who are then in turn reaching out to their senators and telling them: ‘hey, I voted for you and I voted to Ken Paxton. I would like both of you to remain in office. Please respect that decision,” Macias said.

The trial of Texas’ top legal official is scheduled to start Tuesday, September 5. It comes after the Texas House of Representatives overwhelmingly voted to impeach Paxton in May.

Click on the link for the full article

Paxton is a turd that needs to be flushed.

Political fallout from Ken Paxton's impeachment

Ken Paxton's impeachment trial hasn't started yet, but there is already political fallout. Not just for the attorney general, but for other Republican leaders and lawmakers as well.   

When House members first heard details of the 20 articles of impeachment against Attorney General Paxton, Republican Texas Rep. Charlie Geren of Fort Worth dropped a bombshell: 

"I would like to point out that several members of this House while on the floor of the House doing state business, received telephone calls from General Paxton personally threatening them with political consequences in their next election."

Geren didn't identify the lawmakers he accused Paxton of making the threats. The attorney general's office didn't respond to our email requesting comment. 

But text messages obtained by CBS News Texas between Michelle Smith, one of Paxton's assistants at the Office of the Attorney General, and Republican Texas Rep. Jeff Leach of Allen, show there were hard feelings over this matter. 

Back in February, when Paxton asked state lawmakers to fund the $3.3 million settlement with four whistleblowers he fired, Leach told reporters he was troubled by it and wanted a hearing. 

In a text message to Smith, Leach said: 

"I won't be talked out of doing my job and fulfilling my oath."

In text messages back to Leach, Smith replied: 

"I stood in 108 degree weather to get you elected. Never forget that. You want to go against me go ahead."

It was Paxton's request for money to settle the whistleblower lawsuit, House members say, that led to their investigation and the impeachment.  

Some of Paxton's supporter's are targeting Republican House members who voted to impeach the attorney general.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

A piece of pizza is probably a stretch (although delivery charges can sneak up on you!)

but he may be right. Idk what a fentanyl poll costs. But I do recall speaking with someone who’s job was to understand the regional drug situation. Part of the problem facing the issue with high schoolers and heroin was how cheap and easy it was to get. Plus you can carry it a lot easier than beer… 

I realize they’re outlandish in their claims all the time but there’s unfortunately something close to the truth in there (I think)

6 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS): "It is easier to get a fentanyl tablet and cheaper to get a fentanyl tablet delivered to your home than it is to order a piece of pizza." (?)

Recall a friend once telling me a story about Jimmy Carter. 

It's his first day in office. He's receiving his briefing on nuclear procedures. The football. The codes. 

And the briefer tells him that the military is ready, at any instant, to whisk him and his family to a place of safety within 20 minutes. 

Carter supposedly looked at his watch, and said "go". 

Tell you what, Senator. You go ahead and order Fentanyl delivered, right now. And I'll order a pizza. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

Recall a friend once telling me a story about Jimmy Carter. 

It's his first day in office. He's receiving his briefing on nuclear procedures. The football. The codes. 

And the briefer tells him that the military is ready, at any instant, to whisk him and his family to a place of safety within 20 minutes. 

Carter supposedly looked at his watch, and said "go". 

Tell you what, Senator. You go ahead and order Fentanyl delivered, right now. And I'll order a pizza. 

That's funny about Jimmy, I thought he'd received a nuclear physics degree while in the USN?  (I was googling, but I can't find it...)

Like they thought he was some bozo while they were just updating **** he already knew.  

• Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, Larry said:

https://www.drugs.com/price-guide/fentanyl

https://rx.webmd.com/drug-prices/fentanyl

and you can order illicit drugs online pretty easily. High schoolers do it all the time. Usually it’s shipped through USPS because believe it or not, it’s easier to sneak things through the federal postal service than the third party ups/fedex (or so I understand, I don’t actually know what the differences are in package scanning and processing)

my wife said 25mcg is a typical starting dose and the first link has 50 mcg/mL solutions going for 20$/20mL

so that’s like 50 cents a dose. 

idk what pizza costs where you live but without a coupon it’s like 20ish$ here after tax and delivery charges

🤷‍♂️

Here’s a personal story of doing just that published by the Atlantic, an article about how easy and cheap it is to buy it online. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/01/the-surprising-ease-of-buying-fentanyl-online/551915/

He decided to seek out something that would be both safer and cheaper. For the past three years, he’s been buying fentanyl and its analogues, like carfentanil, online. When he receives it, he measures it out in water, which he says makes for greater accuracy. He says he’s never overdosed. A day’s supply of heroin used to cost him $100. Now, for that amount, he can get enough fentanyl to last more than three weeks.

like I said. Probably closer to the truth than people think. And sounds like it is the truth. 

but it’s a Republican saying something people think sounds crazy so it must be crazy… :silly:

Edited by tshile

Yes, I'm certain that people exist who know how to order illegal fentanyl. 

Yes, I assume people would figure they could try to prop up the claim, by pulling a "let's compare the price per pill (if you buy a bunch), versus the price of an entire pizza. 

(I even knew who one of the people would be, who tried to do that.). 

But the claim was "easier and cheaper". 

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

But the claim was "easier and cheaper". 

It certainly seems cheaper

and the people that order online say it’s super easy. They are listed, you pay with bitcoin, it shows up in the mail. 

you can pay for your pizza with bitcoin too (not everywhere, but lots of places accept it)

i’m really failing to see how it’s any more difficult. I get you don’t understand how easy it is, but people who are charged with investigating it certainly seem to think it’s pretty easy. 

the senate literally just did an investigation in it. He’s on the subcommittee that ran it. https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/subcommittees/investigations/
maybe he said that, because that’s what their recent investigation found?

the one cited in the article, that mentions consensus with people who research it, by that right wing rag the Atlantic?

Wait…