Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Idea:
Make invitations to a pre-congressional hearing pow-wow to discuss strategies on how to force a private company to carry the products th government wants them to.

Offer refreshments.
Once discussions begin, slip outside, lock the door, and light the ****ing place on FIRE.

~Burn

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The latest leadership test for the Republican Party will be settled by secret ballot

A fresh family feud is boiling inside the Republican Party.

As the GOP begins looking ahead to the 2024 presidential campaign – and following a disappointing midterm election and a disorderly race to elect House Speaker Kevin McCarthy – members of the Republican National Committee are set to elect a leader Friday in a contest that has exposed deep divisions inside the party.

Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the RNC, faces a fierce challenge as she seeks a rare fourth term to a post she has held since 2017 and was hand-picked for by former President Donald Trump. Top rival Harmeet Dhillon, one of Trump’s many lawyers, argues it is high time for new blood in the ranks of party leadership.

A secret ballot will determine whether McDaniel, Dhillon or My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell – an election denier and Trump conspiracy theorist – will be selected by 168 members of the RNC who have traveled from all 50 states to a seaside resort here in Southern California.

Gone are the days when party bosses can actually control their political parties. Yet the position remains highly influential, particularly in helping to plan debates and many other aspects of presidential primaries, as Republicans work to regroup and win back the White House.

The Friday vote marks the first competitive fight for the position in more than a decade.

Click on the link for the full article

On 1/25/2023 at 7:11 PM, mistertim said:

l mean...I don't disagree with the concept. But let's not pretend that it has a chance of passing, given how many lawmakers on both sides probably have a fair amount of money in the stock market.

He's pulling the boilerplate circus act of introducing a bill the American people would likely get behind, but that they know would never pass, just so they can point to the other side voting against it.

Sort of like the term limit bull**** bills. They know that a large majority of Americans support some sort of term limits for Congress, but they would never actually pass it because it would mean they can't stay in power ad infinitum.

Sideshow bull****. 

**** 'em up, pull the ole switcheroo, vote for that mother****er

I don’t think there is a chance in hell that he’s bat**** enough for the current R ruling class but, how well received do you think Larry Hogan would be as a relatively normal R presidential candidate?   Not that you have to agree w him on everything or anything but emphasis on relative, as in not a ****ing loon.

46 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

I don’t think there is a chance in hell that he’s bat**** enough for the current R ruling class but, how well received do you think Larry Hogan would be as a relatively normal R presidential candidate?   Not that you have to agree w him on everything or anything but emphasis on relative, as in not a ****ing loon.

He would be savaged in the primaries BECAUSE he's not a moonbat mouthbreather

• Like 1

12 hours ago, China said:

Please let them elect Lindell.  

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952sv7pnzurwngb6kqwz4m

Man, imagine the trainwreck if that happened. Lindell going to the wealthiest donors and trying to get them to give more so he can investigate dead south american tyrants and how they rigged the 2020 election.

If the Dems had the ability to help push him over the top, they should do it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

The current ruling class as in the voters? Cause they are putting these bat**** crazy people in power you know. They pick these people. They would not pick someone like him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

He would be savaged in the primaries BECAUSE he's not a moonbat mouthbreather

50 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The current ruling class as in the voters? Cause they are putting these bat**** crazy people in power you know. They pick these people. They would not pick someone like him. 

understood and don’t disagree.   That was the reason for the preface.  I was trying to come up w a fairly “normal” R that could be the answer to “how does it get fixed”.   Bigger problem for the party is that it needs to feel some inclination that it’s broken.  No sign of that at all when it’s go to is to double down on stupid.

I’m not sure the ruling class as I was thinking of it is the voters per se.  I tend to think of the voters as the lapdogs of the party ruling class.  That’s probably an indictment of both.

• Like 2