Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

9 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I wish people would ignore him and stop broadcasting every stupid thing he says.  From this point, all of the things he says like this can be considered campaign promises.  And we know from his 2016 campaign that he only kept 23% of his promises, compromised on another 22% and broke 53% of his campaign promises.  Most of what his says is not worth listening too, unless it's another one of his confessions of guilt that prosecutors can use to bring an indictment and/or conviction.

Link

Edit:  BTW @Cooked Crack that wasn't aimed at you, I'm as guilty as anyone of re-posting his BS here

Edited by China
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Promises Shmomises, that is one of the dumbest ****ing ideas I've ever heard.
Let the parents vote on a principal..the only thing more idiotic is to listen to Donald J. ****ing Trump.

I'm glad my kid is grown. 

When he decides to have kids, hopefully this will be over with.

~Baaaah****this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, China said:

I wish people would ignore him and stop broadcasting every stupid thing he says. 

Completely disagree with you. The more his stupidity is highlighted, the less likely independent voters will go for him in the general. Even before that, maybe enough GOP primary voters will wise up and select someone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

One way or another, it will be

QFT.

I’m currently listening to Rachel Madow’s podcast Ultra. I’m only on the third episode but it sounds like the players in the past events she describes are the same ones from our current MAGAT era with the names changed to protect the innocent fascist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Completely disagree with you. The more his stupidity is highlighted, the less likely independent voters will go for him in the general. Even before that, maybe enough GOP primary voters will wise up and select someone else.

Too much of it and people become normalized and desensitized to it, which is not a good thing.  Plus his supporters will take what he says and act on it maliciously.  Free speech has its limits.  They say you can't yell fire in a crowded theater.  Ranting to incite a mob to me is also over the line.  He should lose his right to free speech from that alone.

And if people haven't figured out his stupidity after 6 years, maybe they're too stupid to vote.  But I'm still holding out hope that his crimes will catch up with him before the election and he'll be ineligible at least.

Edited by China
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, China said:

Too much of it and people become normalized and desensitized to it, which is not a good thing.  Plus his supporters will take what he says and act on it maliciously.  Free speech has its limits.  They say you can't yell fire in a crowded theater.  Ranting to incite a mob to me is also over the line.  He should lose his right to free speech from that alone.

And if people haven't figured out his stupidity after 6 years, maybe they're too stupid to vote.  But I'm still holding out hope that his crimes will catch up with him before the election and he'll be ineligible at least.

And right there you nail it, one of those questions that haunts me.

I loudly advocate for fixing voting, voter suppression is horse****, call it what it is, voter denial. Mandating that only your side CAN vote is one of the worst underlying issues that exacerbates all the rest. The widespread (often true) opinion that it doesn't count is intentionally spread to keep people from participating. The frustration of being meaningless leads to a lot of other negative behaviors, but it is akin to people self-medicating with drugs or booze when their issues go unaddressed. The initiative, backed with legislation, to mandate federal voting standards for everyone would, I believe, increase voter participation almost immediately because a great mass of the middle would say "Well, let's give it a shot.......again".

On the other hand, there are a lot of people just too stupid to vote. I can't muster a nicer way of putting it, they're stupid. I wonder how some of them just don't forget how to breathe in their sleep. I'm not sure we really want them driving us anywhere.

But they're here too, they're Americans for better or for worse, and all means all. We used to think that education would solve these problems but after a solid century of public education we don't seem any closer to an answer.

Hey Pfizer, here's a thought, take some of that profit you made off of Covid, research a vaccine for stupid and put it in beer

Jim Jordan Opposes Police Training Reform Because ‘There’s Nothing You Can Do To Stop Evil’

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said on Sunday that the federal government should not take any action after the death of Tyre Nichols because, according to him, there is no “law that can stop that evil.” He also claimed there are not enough “good people” applying to be officers, putting the blame on the “defund the police” movement as a reason why.

Jordan’s comments came during a Sunday interview on “Meet the Press” after NBC host Chuck Todd asked him what federal legislation Republicans would consider after five former Memphis police officers were charged with the murder of Nichols.

“Well, I don’t know that there’s any law that can stop that evil,” the lawmaker insisted, calling the video of the killing “difficult to watch.”

“What strikes me is just the lack of respect for human life,” he continued. “So, I don’t know that any law or any training or any reform is going to change. You know, this man is handcuffed; they continued to beat him.”

Click on the link for the full article

Clearly Gym lacks the will and imagination necessary to enact reform.  Here's some ideas for you Gym:

Arizona Republicans elect former Trump official Jeff DeWit to become next party chair, will replace Kelli Ward

Republicans in Arizona appointed Jeff DeWit as the party’s next chairman Saturday. The selection comes as Republicans in the battleground state hope to unite under new leadership and win back statewide elections.

DeWit, a former Trump aide who worked on both of his presidential campaigns, will replace Kelli Ward, a Trump ally who has embraced and echoed his election denial claims. 

He won 70% of the votes over several other nominees, including Steve Daniels, who vowed to drastically change the state’s election system by requiring all votes to take place in person on one day, with ballots counted by hand.

DeWit was supported by Kari Lake, who lost the race for governor but became an influential voice in the party; Mark Finchem, a former candidate for secretary of state; retired Gen. Michael Flynn and others. 

Click on the link for the full article

On 1/27/2023 at 2:56 PM, Fergasun said:

Why are you all talking like it is a party that didn't win more votes for the House in November?  

On 1/27/2023 at 3:28 PM, The Sisko said:

You mean with the extreme gerrymandered districts out the wazoo, an off year election for the party not in the WH, and they barely took the House? That party? I think popular vote totals in Presidential elections provide a more realistic picture of where most of the country is politically. If it weren't for the EC, the Grand Oligarch’s Party probably wouldn't even sniff the WH in the future. I'm on record as saying DeathSantis will win the next one, but it will likely be without a popular vote majority against a guy who has no business running for POTUS again.

does anyone know where to find the absolute share of votes cast?   (not who won the individual house elections, but the total number of vote cast for all democratic candidates versus the total number of votes cast for all republican candidates?)

22 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

does anyone know where to find the absolute share of votes cast?   (not who won the individual house elections, but the total number of vote cast for all democratic candidates versus the total number of votes cast for all republican candidates?)

I'm actually surprised by this, but according to Wikipedia, Republicans actually won the popular vote 50.6% to 47.8% (2022 United States House of Representatives elections - Wikipedia).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balki1867 said:

I'm actually surprised by this, but according to Wikipedia, Republicans actually won the popular vote 50.6% to 47.8% (2022 United States House of Representatives elections - Wikipedia).

From: https://www.politico.com/2022-election/results/house/

Dems won 20 of 26 races listed as toss ups so the margins were probably narrow in those. That and the Anti-Freedom Party running up big wins in some FL districts and a few other places is probably the reason. Florida is a basket case for the Dems right now and a generally wacko state, so who knows if it's the Dems' lack of organization or if it's an even nuttier far right cesspool than when I grew up there, probably both. It's kind of hard to draw firm conclusions though, because the gerrymandering effect almost certainly suppresses votes on both sides in places where the races are a slam dunk for one side.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

The resolution also blames Republicans’ historically weak midterms performance on candidates failing to push their anti-abortion bona fides hard enough.

We know they don't actually believe that, and it was the reverse. Keep chasing that Dragon. Ronna is going to help you **** it up again. 

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

:ols: 

Two year olds are better at learning their lessons than Republicans are.

they have no choice. For decades they said they wanted to overturn this, but the elected officials never really wanted it. They needed something to raise money off of. Then Trump when and got them a few justices that finally did it and now they are stuck. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

From: https://www.politico.com/2022-election/results/house/

Dems won 20 of 26 races listed as toss ups so the margins were probably narrow in those. That and the Anti-Freedom Party running up big wins in some FL districts and a few other places is probably the reason. Florida is a basket case for the Dems right now and a generally wacko state, so who knows if it's the Dems' lack of organization or if it's an even nuttier far right cesspool than when I grew up there, probably both. It's kind of hard to draw firm conclusions though, because the gerrymandering effect almost certainly suppresses votes on both sides in places where the races are a slam dunk for one side.

The gerrymandering is the kicker for me-- there's no point in voting if you already know your candidate is going to win/lose by a 60/40 margin. 

Honestly, even with the majority of the popular vote, this was a really bad election for Republicans-- midterm Democratic president will middling approval, as well as being fresh off of redistricting, and they turned that into a miniscule majority that leads to the insane asylum running the party. 

Just now, EmirOfShmo said:

Bruh... Not that I advocate such an egregious violation of someone's personal privacy, but I'd be checking my wife's phone if I was Gov. Gianforte.