Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

The increase in gas prices is frustrating, but I wonder if this same person was complaining when they were even more under W in 2008 before they plummeted when the recession struck.

Kind of like people who echo Trump's complaints about the "endless wars." Trump has a good point, but these same people were likely flag-waving and full-throated supporters when we went into Iraq. As well as not recognizing that Trump has four years to get us out of Afghanistan and did nothing.

I guess Trump referred to Obama as "sharp and smart" at his event with O'Reilly last night, but doesn't think Obama is in charge behind the scenes because he "likes to golf too much." I agree with Trump that Obama did golf too much, if its true that he golfed even half the amount as Trump's fat ***.

Edited by hail2skins
  • Like 1

In the video, which appears to show people discussing a home security video of the suspect’s capture, a man can be heard be saying: “mom’s yelling, n-----, n-----.”
A woman’s voice can then be heard responding: “We have a n-----, It’s a n-----, like a roach.”

In a text message to the Current, Odinet said the attempted burglary "shook me to my core" and that she'd taken a sedative at the time of the video.

Always blaming the Ambien

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

I kinda got a problem with that.  (Louisanna Judge).  You're using video of someone, in their home, after a traumatic experience, doing something society disapproves of.  

Yes.  OK.  Maybe it reveals racist tendencies.  But as somebody who freely admits is aware of racist tendencies in himself, I'm not sure we should be holding people in office to that high a bar.  

46 minutes ago, China said:

Willing to bet, the law does not actually define CRT.  It just allows people to sue based on whatever they want to.  

Edited by Larry

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I kinda got a problem with that.  (Louisanna Judge).  You're using video of someone, in their home, after a traumatic experience, doing something society disapproves of.  

Yes.  OK.  Maybe it reveals racist tendencies.  But as somebody who freely admits is aware of racist tendencies in himself, I'm not sure we should be holding people in office to that high a bar.  

Willing to bet, the law does not actually define CRT.  It just allows people to sue based on whatever they want to.  

Shouldn't we as a country expect more of our judiciary to not have racist attitudes? If they are exhibiting racist attitudes in their home to the extent of calling Black persons by a racial slur, what is their attitude on the bench? How do we expect them to render justice without bias?

DeSantis trying to do what Texas did is going to backfire on the fascists. I hope Newsome does it in California against gun manufacturers and the gun supply chain, an actual real product. CRT is a made up dog whistle.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Shouldn't we as a country expect more of our judiciary to not have racist attitudes? If they are exhibiting racist attitudes in their home to the extent of calling Black persons by a racial slur, what is their attitude on the bench? How do we expect them to render justice without bias?

DeSantis trying to do what Texas did is going to backfire on the fascists. I hope Newsome does it in California against gun manufacturers and the gun supply chain, an actual real product. CRT is a made up dog whistle.

I believe he was just referring to the fact that it was in her private residence and should be inadmissible even in the court of public opinion. 

But I do agree, what she did was wrong and it's pretty impossible to ignore that it happened, can't get the **** back in the horse so to speak so what do you do about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Totally disagree. If you're going to be the judge of the rest of us I expect you to have some basic decency even in your home. Black folks definitely not going to feel they going to get a fair shake under this judge. I don't think not using racist slurs is a high bar.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

How do we expect them to render justice without bias?

I understand and agree wholeheartedly with what your saying. 

But ’Without bias’, that’s an inhuman standard. But your right though, if there was anyone that could live up to the standard, it would be ideal if it were judges. But if there exists anyone living at that vibration level, I’m not sure they’d necessarily wish to be a judge.

And does justice even exist, for that matter?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Defining it would remove a lot of the strength of the initials when used in speeches and fundraising.

As long as it's an unknown and ill-defined construct CRT can be pretty much anything MAGAs want it to be/fear it is.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Larry said:

As a black person, let me just say that in no ****ing way do I believe a judge could use that type of language--not just the racial slur, but the entire attitude--towards blacks and expect to be given a fair and impartial trial should I ever end up in her courtroom.

4 hours ago, China said:

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, youngestson said:

Defining it would remove a lot of the strength of the initials when used in speeches and fundraising.

As long as it's an unknown and ill-defined construct CRT can be pretty much anything MAGAs want it to be/fear it is.  

Definitely. One of the defining tenets of Trumpism is being an ignorant **** and being proud of it. The less they understand something the easier it is to caricaturize it and hate it. Keep it super super simple, black and white, us and them, good and evil. Anything more subtle is just the liberals trying to brainwash you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Lets not pretend for a second that the typical MAGA will ever do anything but flat refuse to learn, no matter how slow and simple you make it for him. No matter how you spell it out, no matter how many of his ilk he sees die from the 'lies', no matter how many ways it is incontrovertibly proven to them what suckers they have been, no matter what.

If they don't want a boat to be a boat, poof, it is no longer a boat, and nothing, NOTHING you can do will ever show him it is a boat no matter what you do. And the more you DO try and show them it's is clearly, obviously, and universally recognized as a ****ing boat, they will just laugh in your face because of how perplexed and frustrated you become at their happy ignorance.
Define CRT however you want. It won't make a single iota of difference to them. No matter what.

There is no redemption. None. There is no educating them, there is not going to be any way to bring them back to reason. Ever.

There's one way, but nobody wants to do that until they are forced to do it.

And we will be, no matter how much we want to still pretend we won't. History has shown us it's the only way to deal with fanatics, no matter how horrible that is, because they WILL force it. That is what fanatics do, and that is what they are.
Does anybody think voting them out, expelling them, whatever..  does anyone think that will settle them down? Change anything?

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bang said:

Does anybody think voting them out, expelling them, whatever..  does anyone think that will settle them down? Change anything?

~Bang

No, Bang, it won't. The genie has been let out of the bottle.

I'm old enough to have seen/read a lot of political **** in the past 60+ years. Living in DC it's in your face on the news every night. I can't recall ever, ever seeing things this bad. Riots in DC in '68 & '69 were bad but nothing like this. Compromise has been over for quite a while. I don't see this ending well...

image.png.a598432e588c3f0009a9dc9176eb0fa7.png

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

Did anyone hear the news about the 6 GOP congressmen who were ready to contest the election on the floor? They were interrupted by the Jan 6 terrorists when they decided to storm the capital. The insurrectionists may have actually helped us out a bit.

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Did anyone hear the news about the 6 GOP congressmen who were ready to contest the election on the floor? They were interrupted by the Jan 6 terrorists when they decided to storm the capital. The insurrectionists may have actually helped us out a bit.

I bet the members of this thread can name them with at least 80% accuracy. 

• Like 1