Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Tuberville is a continuing clear and present danger to the security of this country.

Right in front of all of our noses.

And all that can be done is to whine about it and wish and hope he gets out of the way before it's too late.

China isn't playing and the clock is ticking. You can bet they LOVE this.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2023 at 3:27 PM, China said:

GOP-led House committee launches probe into Trump Georgia election case

The Republican-led House Judiciary Committee opened an investigation into the work of the Atlanta prosecutor who has criminally charged Donald Trump and others with interfering in the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.

The House committee on Thursday sent Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis a letter asking for documents and information, including any communications her office had with Jack Smith, the federal special counsel prosecuting Trump on charges related to trying to overturn the national results of the 2020 election.

“Your indictment and prosecution implicate substantial federal interests, and the circumstances surrounding your actions raise serious concerns about whether they are politically motivated,” Committee Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, wrote Willis.

“The indictment appears to be an attempt to use state criminal law to regulate the conduct of federal officers acting in their official capacities,” Jordan wrote.

In addition to asking for communications with Smith, Jordan asked for documents related to the District Attorney’s office’s use of federal funds, and her communications with any officials in the federal executive branch.

Jordan asked Willis to provide the information by Sept. 7.

Click on the link for the full article

On 8/24/2023 at 3:55 PM, Bang said:

Dear Jim

**** Off.

~Fani

and put it on official letterhead.

On 8/24/2023 at 5:04 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Dear Dickface,

STATES RIGHTS!!!!!

v/r,

Fanni

Georgia Prosecutor Sharply Rebukes House Republican Investigating Her

The district attorney leading a criminal case against Donald J. Trump and his allies in Georgia accused Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio of trying to obstruct her prosecution of the case in a sharply worded letter she sent on Thursday.

Soon after the district attorney, Fani T. Willis, a Democrat, announced last month that she was bringing a racketeering case against Mr. Trump and 18 other defendants for their efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in Georgia, Mr. Jordan, a Republican and chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said that he was going to investigate Ms. Willis over whether her prosecution of Mr. Trump was politically motivated.

In her letter, Ms. Willis accused Mr. Jordan of trying “to obstruct a Georgia criminal proceeding and to advance outrageous partisan misrepresentations,” and of not understanding how the state’s racketeering law works.

“Your attempt to invoke congressional authority to intrude upon and interfere with an active criminal case in Georgia is flagrantly at odds with the Constitution,” she added. “The defendants in this case have been charged under state law with committing state crimes. There is absolutely no support for Congress purporting to second guess or somehow supervise an ongoing Georgia criminal investigation and prosecution.”

In her letter to Mr. Jordan, Ms. Willis invited him to purchase a book about racketeering statutes written by one her fellow prosecutors on the Trump case, John Floyd, titled “RICO State by State.”

“As a non-member of the bar,” she wrote, “you can purchase a copy for two hundred forty-nine dollars.”

Click on the link for the full article

The full letter:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23941234-jim-jordan-letter

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 9

When I first realized masks were gonna be a thing and saw that folks/companies were making em to be specific, I just went ahead and ordered em.  Why be a b-word about it?  I embraced the fact that I could wear more gear of the teams I support. 

That's where Trump lost his BOOM...he coulda made the billions that he's always claimed to have. 

Sucker. 

I hope Covid catches his nasty ass again, with worse results. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just, something. 

It's purely speculation. Labeled as such. But it does touch on a question I've been asking for a while. 

Also. Does Paxton deserve his own thread?  I mean, it's a pretty significant political event. And it seems to be separate from the other political events. It's not tied to, say, the Trump investigations. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Just, something. 

It's purely speculation. Labeled as such. But it does touch on a question I've been asking for a while. 

Also. Does Paxton deserve his own thread?  I mean, it's a pretty significant political event. And it seems to be separate from the other political events. It's not tied to, say, the Trump investigations. 

It probably does deserve it's own thread.  I imagine, if he is impeached and loses the protection that office provides, he will be charged in a couple of cases that he has been able to ward off so far.  The saga will likely include more than his impeachment, but also subsequent arrests and trials.

• Like 2