Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

21 hours ago, balki1867 said:

there's no point in voting if you already know your candidate is going to win/lose by a 60/40 margin. 

This is shortsighted

results will determine where money and time is spent. 

over time as the gap narrows more money and time will be spent there by the minority party. 

simply declaring it not worth it to bother to vote is lazy and foolish. You should vote in every election. There is no excuse. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

This is shortsighted

over time as the gap narrows more money and time will be spent there by the minority party. 

simply declaring it not worth it to bother to vote is lazy and foolish. You should vote in every election. There is no excuse. 

You mean, if I go out and fight my way through the voter suppression, and cast a vote in my district that's been gerrymandered against me, then next election, I might get bombarded with more electioneering?  

Boy, that'll sure motivate people. 

:) 

• Haha 3
  • Thumb down 1

Another self-own entry in the "unintended consequences of being a dip****" files

Top Arizona election official requests investigation of Kari Lake for potential campaign violation

The top election official in Arizona has asked the state’s attorney general to investigate Republican Kari Lake, who lost her 2022 gubernatorial bid, for potentially violating state law by publishing voter signatures on her Twitter account.

The request by Arizona Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, a Democrat elected to the office last November, comes after Lake posted a tweet on January 23 that made an unfounded claim that 40,000 ballots didn’t match voter signatures that the state has on record. Lake posted a graphic that showed 16 voter signatures, alleging that they didn’t match with what Arizona has on file.

In a letter to Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes, Fontes requested “appropriate enforcement action against Kari Lake” for publishing those 16 voter signatures. Fontes cites a state law that prohibits reproducing voter signatures other than the voter or a legally authorized person. Fontes’ letter states that violation of that law is a felony.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

This is shortsighted

Just to be clear-- when I said, "There's no point in voting if you already know your preferred candidate is going to win/lose by a 60/40 margin," I'm NOT advocating that people abstain from voting.  I was just pointing out that I understand how gerrymandering depresses voter turnout.

I live in Chicago, where pretty much every election for every office goes 70-30 Democrat and I still vote in every election.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Larry said:

You mean, if I go out and fight my way through the voter suppression, and cast a vote in my district that's been gerrymandered against me, then next election, I might get bombarded with more electioneering?  

Boy, that'll sure motivate people. 

:) 

Or just don’t vote. Either way is fine with me.  It’s your voice, you not using it doesn’t affect me. 

So his constituents want him gone, including those who voted for him, and yet he will remain in his office.

His treasurer is gone, so he can't raise money, and yet somehow he will. 

Every single thing about him is a lie, except that almst everyone in his district, including almost every one of those from his own party want him gone.
And my dollar says next year at this time we will still be listening to this circle jerk and he will still be there.

Here we have an entirely fabricate person.

And we will be as toothless as ever.

UNLESS...
Something happens that will be such an utter shock that I may actually have a stroke..  and that would be ANYTHING happening to him at all.

~Bang

Personally I hope they don't boot his flabby ass. I want him and his horse**** to be the face of this House. Every single time anyone mentions anything pertaining to this session it's gonna be "Oh YEAH, when they had the liar guy lying his ass off every single ****ing day? That one?"

Hang him around their necks like a dead skunk

Gorilla Glue him to McCarthy

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

11 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Republic Voters: So you’re saying blindly pulling the lever for the name with the (R) next to it came back to bite us in the ass? Who would’ve ever thunk it?

11 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Only because Dems are stupid and don’t understand PR like the Republic party does. One question would blow them out if the water, i.e., you all had full control under Tя☭mp, so why didn’t you make all these budget cuts then?

2 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Only because Dems are stupid and don’t understand PR like the Republic party does. One question would blow them out if the water, i.e., you all had full control under Tя☭mp, so why didn’t you make all these budget cuts then?

has nothing whatsoever to do with PR...has everything to do with Republicans having way too much success with their base by waging culture wars and knowing their voters care more about narratives than facts. Asking Republican politicians questions like the one you posed would simply be met with asinine spin (which their base would believe) and a heavy dose of Whataboutism (which their base would cheer on). From what it seems, the goal of a vast majority of Republican voters is to vote for politicians who will advance certain ideals (abortion=murder, period, end of story), defend against imagined enemies (drag queens and brown people are taking over and need to be stopped), validate their fears by making up evidence that those fears were warranted (CRT is indeed teaching your kids to be anti-white), and uphold the Republican party at all costs.

So, yeah, asking a question like "Why didn't you do anything when you were in charge" won't make a dent...to be fair it never has.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

has nothing whatsoever to do with PR...has everything to do with Republicans having way too much success with their base by waging culture wars and knowing their voters care more about narratives than facts. Asking Republican politicians questions like the one you posed would simply be met with asinine spin (which their base would believe) and a heavy dose of Whataboutism (which their base would cheer on). From what it seems, the goal of a vast majority of Republican voters is to vote for politicians who will advance certain ideals (abortion=murder, period, end of story), defend against imagined enemies (drag queens and brown people are taking over and need to be stopped), validate their fears by making up evidence that those fears were warranted (CRT is indeed teaching your kids to be anti-white), and uphold the Republican party at all costs.

So, yeah, asking a question like "Why didn't you do anything when you were in charge" won't make a dent...to be fair it never has.

Completely true. In fact, I’ve made the point italicized above myself before. However, I don’t think anyone believes their base can be won over. It’s about hopefully convincing the small percentage in the middle that can be swayed and when you do stuff like brand reform efforts as “defunding” the police, or passing a monumental healthcare law and then forget to “sell” it, you’re doing their job for them. It’s one thing when they want to, as usual, cut safety net programs, but this time around, I believe a question like that when paired with hammering home the idea that they cut taxes for the rich, ran up the debt and now they want to cut SS and Medicare would definitely get the attention of older voters.

The other option I wish the Dems would pursue more often is shooting the hostage. In other words, stop saving them from themselves and let them pass some of the really stupid stuff they often propose. Yes, we’ll all suffer for it but sometimes, people need to be slapped awake. 

Edited by The Sisko
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Completely true. In fact, I’ve made the point italicized above myself before. However, I don’t think anyone believes their base can be won over. It’s about hopefully convincing the small percentage in the middle that can be swayed and when you do stuff like brand reform efforts as “defunding” the police, or passing a monumental healthcare law and then forget to “sell” it, you’re doing their job for them. It’s one thing when they want to, as usual, cut safety net programs, but this time around, I believe a question like that when paired with hammering home the idea that they cut taxes for the rich, ran up the debt and now they want to cut SS and Medicare would definitely get the attention of older voters.

The other option I wish the Dems would pursue more often is shooting the hostage. In other words, stop saving them from themselves and let them pass some of the really stupid stuff they often propose. Yes, we’ll all suffer for it but sometimes, people need to be slapped awake. 

Totally agree.

Except I'm gonna need those social services.  See: Rick Scott.  I can't afford to suffer anymore than I already have, and I'd like for that ****er to get what he did to his own constituents. 

THE OLDER GENERATION KEEPS VOTING FOR HIM. 

Why, and how do we stop it?  WE'VE GOT TO YELL ABOUT IT. 

PR really is the game right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balki1867 said:

Every time I hear about NewsMax, I think of the SportsMax SNL skit, where the channel just shows the Jets winning regardless of what actually happened. 

I mean this is basically republican politics as a whole right now. Kari Lake is actually King of the entire untied States let them tell it lol

• Haha 1

Every time I hear about Direct TV dropping Newsmax and the Repubs being angry, I ask myself “who is still watching Direct TV?” My neighborhood was built in the ‘80’s and there is not a dish on my street. Same with my parents neighborhood. I know people have it for Sunday Ticket, but outside of that, why have it? 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Totally agree.

Except I'm gonna need those social services.  See: Rick Scott.  I can't afford to suffer anymore than I already have, and I'd like for that ****er to get what he did to his own constituents. 

THE OLDER GENERATION KEEPS VOTING FOR HIM. 

Why, and how do we stop it?  WE'VE GOT TO YELL ABOUT IT. 

PR really is the game right now. 

I totally get it. I grew up really damn poor in Florida. I ate a lot of gubment cheese sammiches and was part of a small group of black kids that went to one of the best schools in Florida. So, if it weren't for Federal programs and busing, my life would have been drastically different. Unfortunately though, many of the Grand Oligarch’s Party's base are voting against their own self interests. Very often, Dems step in to stop them from really getting schtupped. Moreover, the Republics know it and count on the Dems to save them from themselves. Every once in a while, I'd love to see the Dems call their bluff and see how their base likes it when they really get schtupped in a big way. People living in communities being propped up by govt. programs yelling that the country needs less support and spending from the Feds need to be made to understand which side their bread's buttered on. To paraphrase an old saying, people can't eat the culture wars. It's time the Dems used that to their advantage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1