Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

No Excuses

44 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

#FAKENEWS

I don't know if cropped jpegs qualify as news but yeah, fake.

30 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Feels like these guys are waiting for somebody to be brave and quit the Admin first. Then they can follow the lead and roll out. 

They are a bunch of incredible *******, aren't they.

(profanity filter caught the word that would be the answer to a crossword puzzle clue "Where Donald Trump thinks he can grab women.")

22 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

ABC is showing a two hour show on Watergate Truth and Lies tonight at 9ET.

Good call on this. I watched it last night and was surprised how long the proceedings were. And how similar the situation from then looks like today.

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Good call on this. I watched it last night and was surprised how long the proceedings were. And how similar the situation from then looks like today.

Thanks for the review. I want to see how much I remember from those times. I was about 24 then.

I recorded it to watch later today. I can fast forward through the commercials.

5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Thanks for the review. I want to see how much I remember from those times. I was about 24 then.

I recorded it to watch later today. I can fast forward through the commercials.

Watching this now. The hubris of the Republicans. 

Make media the enemy was Nixon's marching orders.

You have two options:

Option A: Trump is forced out of office within the next month but we never get true closure on justice and any illegality in regards to Russia. 

Option B: Trump is president for two-plus more years. And whatever comes with his presidency in those two years. But we get a full and thorough investigation and justice is done and whoever deserves it is held accountable. 

Which option do you take? 

I want Option B, but Congressional Republicans lack the morals and fortitude to do the right thing.

In 1974, Congress was controlled by Democrats, who called for the Watergate hearings, and House Republicans did their duty, well some did, enough to vote the articles of impeachment out of committee.  Senate Republicans, enough of them indicated that they would vote for removal.

I have doubts that the Republican Congress will lead the country into doing the right thing. 

Watching the Watergate show that was on ABC the other night was a good review for me about those times.  Not only do we have obstruction of justice, but Mueller and company are gearing up for RICO investigation.  Back in the summer, it was revealed that the Russian mob was ensconced in Trump Tower, that they were connected into a Trump Organization server.  It was poo pooed at the time, but more attention should have been paid to these rumors instead of giving Trump a pass.

He thinks he can get out of this mess like he has before, just outlast the case.  Well, this time the other side (the government) has unlimited funds to pursue him.

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

You have two options:

Option A: Trump is forced out of office within the next month but we never get true closure on justice and any illegality in regards to Russia. 

Option B: Trump is president for two-plus more years. And whatever comes with his presidency in those two years. But we get a full and thorough investigation and justice is done and whoever deserves it is held accountable. 

B for sure.

Option A does nothing but leave you with Duck Dynasty guy as the GOP nominee in a few years.  Option B will deal significant damage to both the GOP and the White Pride movement that's hijacked it.

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

You have two options:

Option A.  50/50 at best if we still have a country to save in two years.

2 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

You have two options:

Give me A.

I don't care about him going to jail or anything else, I want him out of the presidency.

Im not thrilled about what Pence will do, he's hard right wing, but damn it'd be nice to not have a complete idiot running the show.

20 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

B for sure.

Option A does nothing but leave you with Duck Dynasty guy as the GOP nominee in a few years.  Option B will deal significant damage to both the GOP and the White Pride movement that's hijacked it.

If you could guarantee me that would be the result (some sort of major correction to the GOP) I'd risk 2 more years of trump.

I think that's a lofty goal though. I don't see a lot of 'oh I guess we were wrong' sentiments coming from the majority of people that voted for trump if he's impeached. I think they'll honestly believe it's the media/establishment shutting down them championing an outsider to fix the country (because that's what they believe they are a part of... seriously...)

8 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

You have two options:

As someone said earlier, we need enough pain in this to make sure we learn our lesson. I do NOT what every one of those 35% Trumptser-divers screaming about "Deep State" for the next three election cycles. I want the Trump Administration so publicly disgraced and humiliated by facts and investigations that his defensers are met with nothing but scorn and ridicule. This is no time for the easy way out, we need a permanent reminder of this shame.

Archived