Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

No Excuses

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

To all the people choosing optiin B, remember that when ypu are suffering through that pain for the next two years no matter how bad it is.  You "voted" to keep him in to "teach a lesson".

Actually, it was voted on back in November.  Mostly by folks that should've known better.

52 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Actually, it was voted on back in November.  Mostly by folks that should've known better.

Sooooo........we can only judge people on one thing ever?  

I totally hold a grudge against idiots that voted back in November.  But I was actually talking about the topic being discussed.  I know that is a foreign concept here.

Chris Wallace Battles Jay Sekulow Over Trump Investigation Inconsistencies: ‘Oh Boy, This Is Weird’

After Sekulow had begun the interview the way he had his others by stating that Trump is not under investigation, Wallace brought up Trump’s tweet confirming he was being investigated to ask a different question — why is the president going after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein? And, also, does Trump think Rosenstein did anything wrong?

Sekulow responded by saying the president hasn’t said anything about the deputy AG while stating that POTUS is now being investigated by the Department of Justice, leading to a contentious back-and-forth as Wallace pointed out Sekulow just stated the president is under investigation.

“He’s not being investigated,” Sekulow exclaimed, adding that he wanted to be “crystal clear” that they are “not aware of any investigation.”

When Wallace pointed out he had twice said Trump was under investigation, Sekulow stated that he was just talking about the “legal theory of how the Constitution works” and that he’d appreciate it if Wallace wouldn’t “rephrase” what he was saying.

“I didn’t rephrase it,” Wallace countered. “The tape will speak for itself; you said he is being investigated.”

And it kept going on and on like this until finally Wallace figuratively threw his hands in the air, responding to Sekulow saying there’s no investigation after saying he didn’t know if there was one.

“You don’t know,” the Fox News host exasperatedly noted. “Oh, boy, this is weird. You just told us that you didn’t know.”

This is what happens when you have been turned down by a number of firms who won't represent you. 

7 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

To all the people choosing optiin B, remember that when ypu are suffering through that pain for the next two years no matter how bad it is.  You "voted" to keep him in to "teach a lesson".

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sooooo........we can only judge people on one thing ever?  

I totally hold a grudge against idiots that voted back in November.  But I was actually talking about the topic being discussed.  I know that is a foreign concept here.

Just pointing out one teensy discrepancy between  the artificial scenario you created to try to make your point, and the Presidential election in November.   

This "vote" doesn't count.  The people "voting" don't actually have the power to cause either of your two choices.  

The one in November actually happened in the real world, and actually had real world consequences.  

25 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out one teensy discrepancy between  the artificial scenario you created to try to make your point, and the Presidential election in November.   

This "vote" doesn't count.  The people "voting" don't actually have the power to cause either of your two choices.  

The one in November actually happened in the real world, and actually had real world consequences.  

Rigjt.  But I equate it to people saying "i hope XXXXX happens."  They shouldnt then piss and moan when it happens.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Rigjt.  But I equate it to people saying "i hope XXXXX happens."  They shouldnt then piss and moan when it happens.

Speaking for everybody that picked B.  We did so while clearly explaining that we thought it was the best outcome for the country.  Not in any way out of spite or malice like you seem determined to present it as.  

#pissandmoan

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well, now, I do think it's valid, pointing out the moral problem with cheering for the country to suck, because you think the opposition party will get the blame for it. 

It's just as despicable as when the Republican congress did it for eight years under Obama. 

Although again, the distinction between fantasizing about something and actually working to cause it applies there, too. 

There's another point I'd like to make, to the people who are cheering for something disastrous to happen to the country, so that the Republicans will have to admit that they were wrong.  

I'll point, once again, at the W administration.  

Under W, we had 9/11.  Two land wars in Asia against nebulous enemies.  Government endorsement of torture and disappearing people.  Katrina.  The Great Recession.  

Did the nation learn anything from those lessons?  Did those experiences teach us anything?  What was the great political consequence to the Republican Party, after all of those "Signs from God", or whatever you want to call them?  

They lost control of Congress.  For two years.  

I see no sign that the nation learned anything from those very expensive lessons.  None whatsoever.  

Think about that, the next time you're announcing that you really hope that the economy will collapse, so that the Republicans will learn from their mistakes.  

If the country suffers a catastrophe, it's not guaranteed at all that the Republicans will learn a single thing from it.  It's entirely possible that the only consequence to come from it, is that the nation suffers a catastrophe.  

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Speaking for everybody that picked B.  We did so while clearly explaining that we thought it was the best outcome for the country.  Not in any way out of spite or malice like you seem determined to present it as.  

#pissandmoan

Gotcha.  So the people that voted for Johnson because we were hoping that he would get enough votes to make a viable third party are good in your book also?  We were just playing the long game.  Doing what "we thought it was the best outcome for the country" so it's good with you right?  Even though those votes may have cost Hillary the election?

I often get the impression from you that you are quite open minded as long as the opinion completely aligns with your own.

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Well, now, I do think it's valid, pointing out the moral problem with cheering for the country to suck, because you think the opposition party will get the blame for it. 

It's just as despicable as when the Republican congress did it for eight years under Obama. 

Although again, the distinction between fantasizing about something and actually working to cause it applies there, too. 

Your first line was spot on.

Your second line drives me nuts.  Can we talk about anything anymore with out pointing out to something the other side said?  Not poking you specifically as I mostly respect what you post.  Just using it as an example of something that drives me nuts.  And it drives me nuts when either side does it.

And your last post was pretty spot on also.

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Your second line drives me nuts.  Can we talk about anything anymore with out pointing out to something the other side said?  Not poking you specifically as I mostly respect what you post.  Just using it as an example of something that drives me nuts.  And it drives me nuts when either side does it.

Drives me crazy too. Republicans are the worst about this. They're also the biggest hypocrites and they don't even realize it when they're being hypocrites.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Gotcha.  So the people that voted for Johnson because we were hoping that he would get enough votes to make a viable third party are good in your book also?  We were just playing the long game.  Doing what "we thought it was the best outcome for the country" so it's good with you right?  Even though those votes may have cost Hillary the election?

What does any of this have to do with Trump and the length of his term?

And, honestly, I can't remember anybody bringing up Gary Johnson in forever.  Not even sure he's worthy of an opinion.  My bass player voted for Johnson but he's not super-vocal about it these days.  Folks who didn't vote at all were a much bigger factor, really.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What does any of this have to do with Trump and the length of his term?

And, honestly, I can't remember anybody bringing up Gary Johnson in forever.  Not even sure he's worthy of an opinion.  My bass player voted for Johnson but he's not super-vocal about it these days.  Folks who didn't vote at all were a much bigger factor, really.

It's usually brought up in the context of "threw their votes away on a third party" but I just used him since I remember hearing it so vividly.  

It still doesn't change the overall point.  Care to address the hypocrisy?

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It's usually brought up in the context of "threw their votes away on a third party" but I just used him since I remember hearing it so vividly.  

It still doesn't change the overall point.  Care to address the hypocrisy?

Nothing hypocritical about it.  Folks that voted for Johnson are fine with me AND they also threw their vote away.  Weren't the first, won't be the last and I say that as someone who voted for Ross Perot in my youth.

Again, this has nothing to do with your original point.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Nothing hypocritical about it.  Folks that voted for Johnson are fine with me AND they also threw their vote away.  Weren't the first, won't be the last and I say that as someone who voted for Ross Perot in my youth.

Again, this has nothing to do with your original point.

While they me be fine with you, there were many that were quite.......displeased with those of us that voted that way.  Anyways...............

It does have to do with my original point because the people that took option B were willing to undergo more pain for what they hope would be a better outcome long term.  And that is their perogative.  However, those of us that did the same with our vote in November were met with quite a bit of vitriol.  I'm just wondering why it's okay in one situation and not the other.

Archived