Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pick a Side! Who gets the credit for this draft?

Koolblue13

Pick  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who's fingerprints are heavier

Just to play spoilsport early. I am always on the Redskins' side.

Creating infighting among family members isn't my thing. If this was Scott's last work for us (and it certainly is) then I'm pleased. If Allen, Campbell, Scott, and the rest deserve credit for designing and executing these draft boards I'm fine with it too. If Allen in a fit of jealous rage burned everything Scott did prior to his ouster and the team started from scratch then I will be for the team seeking help for Allen for his anger issues, but otherwise be okay with the result.

I wish it had worked out differently with Scott. I would rather he still be here. Regardless, at this moment I'm pretty excited by the potential represented by the guys we've chosen in rounds 1-3.

Rhetorical? ;) .

This is one of the best talent evaluators leaguewide's leaving present. 

Bruce's credit comes in holding his nerve following the board and signing the cards.

Hail. 

*Edit* Fortune. That should be an option. It smiled on us greatly twice with the injury falls. Let's credit her too. 

10 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Rhetorical? ;) .

This is one of the best talent evaluators leaguewide's leaving present. 

Bruce's credit comes in holding his nerve following the board and signing the cards.

Hail. 

*Edit* Fortune. That should be an option. It smiled on us greatly twice with the injury falls. Let's credit her too. 

I figured I'd wait an hour and then add the 423 other options to a yes or no question. 

Don't get me wrong.  I think Scot is a great at evaluating talent.  However, as much as I hate to admit it, let's give credit where credit is due.  Bruce and Scott Campbell, and probably Gruden too, are making the decisions here. (Remember, Gruden did not seemed pleased at his presser after last season with the previous two 1st round picks)  Many teams use talent evaluations from outside sources as some other teams are currently using Scot's also. 

As was said before, we can't truly judge a draft for a few years.  We fans get pumped up for certain picks who don't pan out and we bust on others who end up being great.  That being said, I am really excited about our first 3 picks for the first time in many years. Usually, we have a "What the heck was that pick?" moment in the first 3 rounds, and I don't think that is the case this year.  Hopefully, this will go down as a draft that helps our defense become legitimate.

I don't comment much on the board, but I truly enjoy seeing many of your posts and respect your opinions on the matter.  Thanks to all of you who give such good information on the available players.

I think there needs to be a third option, Scott Campbell, unless you are saying its Bruces because hes letting Scott pick all of the players instead of Scot.

If I take Campbells comments at face value, then hes been in charge of all college scouting, and sounded like while all decisions are "group" he would be making the actual trigger pulls.  Of course they have also said the board has been set and wont change much, and then that they changed it a lot from Scot, so dont worry about others knowing it.  Its hard to know who to believe when you get lied to a lot.

EDIT: On seeing Mrs Mcloughan's tweets, this must be Scots board.  Theres no way shes going to praise two picks in a row from the team that she has digged for firing her husband, unless they were both his.  Her saying Anderson is a "1st round" talent must mean thats where Scot graded him.

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I still think SM got screwed and I'm not over being bitter at that whole thing.  But he is gone, there is no way to confirm that they are drafting right off of his board. The credit goes to the guy making the picks and that is Bruce Allen.  And so far I am loving all 3 picks. 

Who believe I would agree with ya here? :P

No way we can think this is Scot or not. He certainly played a part in it. But that's Bruce making the calls here with the input of Scott Campbell and Jay Gruden as well...

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Do you think we're leaning to Scots board or Did BA tear it up and do his own thing?

I truly wonder how different the answers to this poll would've been 3 days ago, before the first three rounds had gone by. But props for actually making it.

When I first kind of posed this kind of question myself, my statement was the same as it is now. About 60% Scot about 40% Bruce in terms of credit/blame for this off season. You were being driven by Scot right up to free agency and the heart of the draft season, but ultimately you have Bruce and Crew that are making the final calls based off that plan and info. You could switch that to 50/50 or 40/60 if you wanted, but I think ultimately this is a blended season where they ultimately should be sharing the success or the failures.

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Always have disliked judging drafts so quickly, good or bad. For all we know this draft could be a disaster

But there's something to be said for judging now, too. 

After all, our decisions are either good or bad ones, based on what we know now. Not based on things that weren't known at the time. 

Like the decision on whether to go for it on 4th, or kick a FG. You can't judge the decision based on whether the kick is good or not. 

Credit goes mostly to the person(s) who made the picks.  The draft is a fluid process where things can change on a dime.  Credit, however, must also go to all involved in the evaluation process and the making of the board.  Neither Scott nor Bruce did it alone.

Archived