Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long will the Trump Presidency last?

88Comrade2000

Poll:How long will the Trump Presidency last?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How long will the Trump Presidency last?

• Less than 6 months
    • 6 months to 1 Year
    • 2 Years
    • 3 Years
    • 4 Years - One Complete Term
    • 5 Years
    • 6 Years
    • 7 Years
    • 8 Years - Two Full Terms

I dont care how long legislatures are in congress.

My issue is that these are not the best people. We need diverse minds from different walk of life craft these bills. We need them to understand our constitution. And we need them to be the best of us. Not elite pricks, but the best of our populace.

We do not have that right now.

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

@Voice_of_Reason

FTR the 2, 4, 6 year terms are not term limits. The reason you cited RE FDR is the same reason that Senate and HoR need term limits. And elections are not term limits, it's already been proven how easy it is to get a lot of people to vote for the worst possible candidate. 

I never said they were, they are the term of the office.  

Elections are term limits, if they are fair and open.  They're not fair and open, which is a problem.

I'm against term limits for a number of reasons.  

But the point stands that I believe the Founding Fathers got the terms of the different branches and houses of government right.  It all makes so much sense.  We'd never be able to come up with it today.

57 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I never said they were, they are the term of the office.  

Elections are term limits, if they are fair and open.  They're not fair and open, which is a problem.

I'm against term limits for a number of reasons.  

But the point stands that I believe the Founding Fathers got the terms of the different branches and houses of government right.  It all makes so much sense.  We'd never be able to come up with it today.

Elections are not term limits. If they were then we wouldn't have had a Constitutional amendment to limit the Presidency to eight years. You are using "term limits" interchangeably in your dialogue which is not reasonable.

I'm sorry.  I absolutely NEED the Marines on the sides of the stairs/doors to trip him.  Please, guys.  Come on, he's making YOU and every other member of our fine Armed Services look ridiculous.  Don't defend it.

Take charge.  It's your job.   No one will hate you...you did it for the country.B)

30 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm sorry.  I absolutely NEED the Marines on the sides of the stairs/doors to trip him.  Please, guys.  Come on, he's making YOU and every other member of our fine Armed Services look ridiculous.  Don't defend it.

Take charge.  It's your job.   No one will hate you...you did it for the country.B)

"Defend the Constitution from all enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC." How does this NOT apply to Trump?!

I'm feeling okay with my 6-12 month vote.  Maybe I'm wrong but I see no reason to amend it.

I mean, we're 4 months in, and obstruction of justice is pretty much an open and shut case.  And that craziness is competing for facetime with all the other nonsense.

The GOP has 8 whole months to wrap their heads around how ****ed they are with Trump at the wheel.  Maybe I'm overly optimistic thinking they'll flip, but cracks are showing.

At some point the Rs will have to start turning on him. Even if purely out of self-centered survival instincts. History will NOT look kindly upon them for supporting and enabling this walking dumpster fire of a president and human being. Now with the Comey memo thing there is no more "well what he did was technically legal...so whatevs" like with the leaking of highly classified info. I think everyone in the WH was probably just put on mandatory suicide watch.

Before anyone turns on him, I really think he will resign. 

Dude can go live in a penthouse in Manhattan and not worry about any of this crap.

This has to be mentally exhausting. It's death by a thousand paper cuts. 

In his case, embarrassing leaks of nefarious behavior, the kind he's done his whole life. Except now he's in the public eye under the worlds most powerfuk microscope.

**** that. Go home Donnie. 

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I dont care how long legislatures are in congress.

My issue is that these are not the best people. We need diverse minds from different walk of life craft these bills. We need them to understand our constitution. And we need them to be the best of us. Not elite pricks, but the best of our populace.

We do not have that right now.

I believe the best of our populous is the definition of elite. Now you can argue who we have are not really the elite.

I've been going back and forth over this for weeks but I'm not so sure I want him impeached anymore. He's energized the Dem base and is too incompetent to get much of anything accomplished. Somehow, I'm kind of liking that compared to Pence who would coldly and efficiently continue the GOP tradition of screwing folks while making them think what he's doing is good for them.

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

I believe the best of our populous is the definition of elite. Now you can argue who we have are not really the elite.

WE have @Predicto...at some point. 

Who the **** you got?  Your own people are turning. 

Let the idiot go.  What do you have to lose?  (Wait, I've heard that line before...)

@The Sisko, our posts crossed...sorry, Pence sucks too...but sheesh, this certifiable and clinically insane person has to be removed.

11 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

I've been going back and forth over this for weeks but I'm not so sure I want him impeached anymore. He's energized the Dem base and is too incompetent to get much of anything accomplished. Somehow, I'm kind of liking that compared to Pence who would coldly and efficiently continue the GOP tradition of screwing folks while making them think what he's doing is good for them.

I had some thoughts like that when he was just a bumbling idiot who was obviously out of his league and kept hurting himself. But now that he is doing things like giving highly classified info to unfriendly nations he has to go. At this point he is not only putting on line the lives of Americans in general, but people directly involved in intelligence and military operations.

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I had some thoughts like that when he was just a bumbling idiot who was obviously out of his league and kept hurting himself. But now that he is doing things like giving highly classified info to unfriendly nations he has to go. At this point he is not only putting on line the lives of Americans in general, but people directly involved in intelligence and military operations.

That's it in a nutshell...he's compromised my country and our allies.  He needs to GTFO.

Marines...forward, MARCH.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

I disagree.

I would consider Donald Trump part of the elite class in this country. He clearly is not one of our best.

I think we need our best and brightest in all of our levels of government instead of the hacks in now.

There could be overlap, but its not the same.

59 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

I think there can be no doubt that Trump is better for Democrats than Pence would be.  But this is a situation that is so serious you have to look to the good of the country first.  And there is no doubt that Pence would be better for the country than Trump.  Anyone in the line of succession would be better, and most of them are corrupt turds.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think there can be no doubt that Trump is better for Democrats than Pence would be.  But this is a situation that is so serious you have to look to the good of the country first.  And there is no doubt that Pence would be better for the country than Trump.  Anyone in the line of succession would be better, and most of them are corrupt turds.

Frankly, at this point I question the legitimacy of Pence too. We know he is a liar. The degree of unrepentant lying in the VP debates was enough to convince any sane person that the man has no integrity whatsoever. Is he in cahoots too? Evidence needs to be found, but I don't think any of them are clean.

Again, we are putting the cart way before the horse. We are a long way from Trump being removed or resigning. We are even further from the Republican majority in Congress doing anything to protect America.

The republicans will still be left in charge of everything once Trump is gone anyway, and it will soon be back to business as usual.  How much this would effect the party's voting base overall remains to be seen.  

At this point I am not sure what is left standing in the way for the rate of GOP defections to ramp up at a higher rate, other than having to face the fact that it took the orange baboon, a foreign government's intervention, and a near complicit FBI, to take out the Clinton Machine, and even then it wasn't by a whole lot.  

I think the GOP never wanted Trump in the first place, but throughout the campaign they learned that Trump and his populist rhetoric could be used as the useful idiot to ram through policy that is actually more right-wing (and non populist) then say if a guy like Ted Cruz had become President.   

Grounds for impeachment are coming up hot, but unlike Clinton who had the support of the majority of the public during  his ordeal, I seriously doubt Trump will have that kind of backing considering how low his approval rating all ready is, but something tells me Trump isn't going to go quietly.  I would be a little surprised if he resigned even if he was impeached.

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

**** the military and **** the country. The vast majority of the former and enough of the latter supported Dump for him to get elected so they get what they get. My nephew and other loved ones are out of the military now and according to enough voters, we’re only caring about ourselves nowadays so I say let those chickens come home to roost. Maybe people will think a bit more carefully and actually pay attention to elections in the future. Actions have consequences and I don’t see any reason why congress or anyone else should spare the country what it voted for.

On 5/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

We need to do away with the lifetime retirement benefits. I'm guessing that they are millionaires and don't need to live off of taxpayer money forever.

at least reduce them if income levels are exceeded, Congress actually passed a bill to do that with ex presidents.

vetoed of course :ols:

Archived