Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long will the Trump Presidency last?

88Comrade2000

Poll:How long will the Trump Presidency last?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How long will the Trump Presidency last?

• Less than 6 months
    • 6 months to 1 Year
    • 2 Years
    • 3 Years
    • 4 Years - One Complete Term
    • 5 Years
    • 6 Years
    • 7 Years
    • 8 Years - Two Full Terms

21 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

racial conspiracy theorist? how? 

America's problem is race. Its no conspiracy. You guys just voted a white supremacist into the presidency. This is no conspiracy.

No.  Trump got elected because you guys didn't go out and vote.  Whites voted Trump the same amount that they voted Romney.

Just now, Springfield said:

No.  Trump got elected because you guys didn't go out and vote.  Whites voted Trump the same amount that they voted Romney.

absolutely, unequivocally correct. dems didnt show up. 

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Agreed its related. But im positive this wasn't the intention of the topic. Im sure you can see that. We can go nuts in a topic specifically geared toward this discussion, though. 

Also, while im quoting you.... you gotta chill a little bit. You preach on empathy and compassion, which is literally my EXACT argument with this whole race thing (you wouldn't believe how similar our view points are, seriously) but no one will listen to you if you continue to be as abrasive as you are while trying to present it. I dont think you are wrong. I think your presentation is. 

You literally told Grego that he lacks empathy and turned around and told him you dont care about his specific situation. Thats hypocrisy, and it hurts your argument. And im not trying to defend him or anyone else. I just want your (our) message to be heard and it would be negligent of me not to let you know how you come across when im sitting on the same side of the isle as you. 

Sorry if that comes off wrong. Just trying to help. 

my thing is it is related. Trump is only in power because of that. You cannot pretend that it dont fit this convo when the electorate voted for hte man who said "I am going to make America great for whites and even worse for everyone else again."

It fits. It matters. You cannot separate the two. And yes, Grego does lack empathy. He told me he dont believe in white privilege and empathy. Kosher Ham just outright dismissed it and laughed and then Grego and TWA  have been here joking about "whitey." THAT IS THE PRIVILEGE! THAT IS THE SUPREMACY!! It all fits. You cannot ignore it.

Until white people in this country start confronting their issues with race, with dehumanizing non-whites, with their complacency with white privilege and supremacy then Trump will be in office for a long time. I really believe that. All the evidence is showing that. The last election showed that. I am sorry if your feelings were hurt but the fear I have every day makes me uncaring of that. I am sorry, actually no I am not.

53 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

you lack empathy and are willfully ignorant. Have a great life.

I don't need to express empathy for criminals or killers. 

I have zero reason to do so. 

Stop blaming white folks for tan folks issues...tan folks cause most of them. 

Ignorance is a word you might need to look up. I admit willfully my ignorance on topics. Race debates is not one of them. 

Compare it to the word intelligence. 

Side note : Why would they care if tan people are killing themselves. I see how you simply ignored that part of what I was saying...

Gump. . 

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

my thing is it is related. Trump is only in power because of that. You cannot pretend that it dont fit this convo when the electorate voted for hte man who said "I am going to make America great for whites and even worse for everyone else again."

It fits. It matters. You cannot separate the two. And yes, Grego does lack empathy. He told me he dont believe in white privilege and empathy. Kosher Ham just outright dismissed it and laughed and then Grego and TWA  have been here joking about "whitey." THAT IS THE PRIVILEGE! THAT IS THE SUPREMACY!! It all fits. You cannot ignore it.

Until white people in this country start confronting their issues with race, with dehumanizing non-whites, with their complacency with white privilege and supremacy then Trump will be in office for a long time. I really believe that. All the evidence is showing that. The last election showed that. I am sorry if your feelings were hurt but the fear I have every day makes me uncaring of that. I am sorry, actually no I am not.

i didnt say i didnt believe in white privelege. i believe you can find instances of racism or some kind of favoritism which you might call white privilege.i believe there is all kinds of privilege happening all the time, not just 'white'. if you are born in this country (i was not), you are among the luckiest, most privileged people to have ever lived.

so even though privilege of all types happens all the time and we have little control of it most of the time, there are proven ways almost any individual can overcome it. i dont discount the individual.

17 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I don't need to express empathy for criminals or killers. 

I have zero reason to do so. 

Stop blaming white folks for tan folks issues...tan folks cause most of them. 

Ignorance is a word you might need to look up. I admit willfully my ignorance on topics. Race debates is not one of them. 

Compare it to the word intelligence. 

Side note : Why would they care if tan people are killing themselves. I see how you simply ignored that part of what I was saying...

Gump. . 

"Why would I care if tan folks kill themselves"

My god are you the perfect example of what @BenningRoadSkin is talking about. You Don't even realise it. 

I would love to address half of the crazy **** you are leaving here but I get the impression that you really arnt worth the trouble. You come off really bad here. I almost feel sorry for people like you. 

34 minutes ago, grego said:

absolutely, unequivocally correct. dems didnt show up. 

kinda . . . "only" 62,279 less people voted for hillary than Obama in 2012. But that number, in the right states, could've swung the election. But it's highly doubtful all those were in michigan/wisconsin etc. 

In contrast, slightly more than 2 million people voted for Trump than they did for Romney. 

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

kinda . . . "only" 62,279 less people voted for hillary than Obama in 2012. But that number, in the right states, could've swung the election. But it's highly doubtful all those were in michigan/wisconsin etc. 

In contrast, slightly more than 2 million people voted for Trump than they did for Romney. 

Alternative facts!

8 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

i hear ya as far as raw numbers. in terms of percentage of eligible voters who stayed home, it was worse for the dems. 

6 minutes ago, grego said:

i hear ya as far as raw numbers. in terms of percentage of eligible voters who stayed home, it was worse for the dems. 

I read an article that in total black voter turnout, it was down more than 11% for Clinton than it was for Obama in 2012.  And the fact that only like 57% of total voters turned out is disturbing, especially in this election.  

I believe that everyone has a right to cast their vote for who they want to or choose not to vote, but I preached it at the start, this was one election that people shouldn't skip voting in or vote for a candidate that doesn't have a chance (Johnson, Stein).  And the unfortunate outcome happened.  

26 minutes ago, grego said:

The numbers help to provide some color but that's not the entire picture. I don't think that its reasonable to look at this election by itself without factoring everything else that went into it. The Candidates themselves are the easy example, especially when you are talking about the black vote. Who, really, where we voting for? That rabbit hole gets deep. Then when you consider the considerable amount of fuzz out there on social media that was literally directed at limiting votes for Hillary, its easy to see why those numbers where not what they where for a literally once in a life time candidate (to some people). In essence i dont think you can compare this election to the previous two seriously. 

I don't think it makes sense to compare the voting numbers for Romney and Trump.  Romney was a reasonable candidate.  Not a great one, but well within the expected variation between the parties.  He was not an existential threat to the basic tenets of our democracy and our values.  

I think reasonable, smart people could have and did vote for Romney.  I can respect that vote.  The same cannot be said about Trump voters.  

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I read an article that in total black voter turnout, it was down more than 11% for Clinton than it was for Obama in 2012.  And the fact that only like 57% of total voters turned out is disturbing, especially in this election.  

I believe that everyone has a right to cast their vote for who they want to or choose not to vote, but I preached it at the start, this was one election that people shouldn't skip voting in or vote for a candidate that doesn't have a chance (Johnson, Stein).  And the unfortunate outcome happened.  

ya, agreed 100%. i didnt like clinton at all, but i thought she would have made a far better president than trump. alot of people went the third party route because they didnt like either. this was an election where you should have voted for the lesser of two evils instead of making a statement.

I'm pretty apolitical, but even I am sick of this moron. He makes such outrageous claims with absolutely no logic or evidence. He is paranoid and narcissistic. He has no foreign relations skills. He's a flat out idiot. Such a disgrace to our country.

He will last four years and then someone else will be elected thank god. I don't see an impeachment happening. 

So let's rehash:

Trump won because of white racism, democrats not voting, black people not voting, third party candidates... 

Excuse me, but when did the Republican voter become Valdemort where you cannot mention his name? 

I had a discussion last week with a guy i work was who is 100% convinced the world is having problems because God is punishing us for abortions. 100% serious. Says every murder in the world = every baby aborted. 

Am I allowed to blame Trump on people like that or is that too obvious of a discussion? 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I mean, I can understand that. Doesn't mean you have to keep voting for them though.

I find voting for competent criminals to be detrimental in most instances.

12 minutes ago, Mooka said:

So let's rehash:

Trump won because of white racism, democrats not voting, black people not voting, third party candidates... 

Excuse me, but when did the Republican voter become Valdemort where you cannot mention his name? 

I had a discussion last week with a guy i work was who is 100% convinced the world is having problems because God is punishing us for abortions. 100% serious. Says every murder in the world = every baby aborted. 

Am I allowed to blame Trump on people like that or is that too obvious of a discussion? 

i think this article sums it up pretty well.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/voter-turnout-2016-elections/

But among those figures were stark contrasts in key states that helped swing the election to Trump — in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan and elsewhere — indicating the President-elect’s leap from long-shot candidate to the most powerful political position in the world may have happened in part because of apathy toward Hillary Clinton’s candidacy, especially among the Democratic base, several political scientists and organizations monitoring voter turnout told the PBS NewsHour.

While Clinton is leading the popular vote by more than 1.5 million over Trump as of Sunday, she trails President Obama’s 2012 totals by more than 2 million ballots — a chasm that may have cost her the election, said David Becker, co-founder of the Center for Election and Innovation and Research.

“Several million voters didn’t come out to vote,” Becker said. “Which is telling me that this idea of the Trump wave, a huge number of voters shifting over to Trump, is certainly not the story.”

Nationally, the number of people who voted for Trump were only slightly ahead of those who supported the last Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, in 2012.

But Becker said that while turnout in purple states like Florida and Pennsylvania had a slight uptick this year, at least 19 other states saw lower turnout rates compared with 2012, a scenario that is antithetical to presidential-year voting that tends to increase each cycle when an incumbent is not a part of the race.

According to Becker, turnout rates dropped by 1.3 percent in Iowa, 3 percent in Wisconsin and nearly 4 percent in Ohio in 2016, a combination that became a death knell for Clinton’s presidential hopes in areas where Obama performed well during his two terms.

Robert Alexander, a political science professor at Ohio Northern University, said many of the scenarios across the country that led to Trump’s victory also played out in Ohio, a crucial swing state.

“You saw turnout spike in more rural counties,” Alexander said. “If you take a look at a lot of the larger cities you did see depressed turnout there. It certainly was more consequential for Hillary Clinton than it was for Trump.”

He added: “Trump held firm in a lot of those cities. He didn’t lose ground relative to Romney.”

According to a Pew Research Center analysis, Trump and Romney shared about the same number of white voters during the last two presidential elections, and Clinton captured a percentage of women close to Obama. Clinton also did not perform as well as Obama with core Democratic blocs, including blue collar people.

“I don’t know if it’s so much this fleeing of the blue collar people to Donald Trump,” Alexander said. “But I think there’s a lot of blue collar individuals that the Democrats typically rely on. Those are the folks who didn’t show up.”

Clinton also pulled in a lower share of voters between ages 18 and 29 than Obama did during his two campaigns, Becker said.

Preliminary national exit polls released in the days after the election showed the contest was divided by race, gender and education, though black and Latino minorities did not turn out like they had for Obama and women did not show up for Clinton to the extent that many had predicted. While Clinton’s took 88 percent of African-American votes to Trump’s 8 percent, Obama defeated Romney among African-Americans by 93 percent to 6 percent, exit polls showed.

“Trump gave people who did show up a reason to vote for him,” Alexander said, noting that Clinton’s lead in the polls in the weeks leading up to the election was likely a factor for turnout rates. “People didn’t see that urgency. The people that did support her did not see her losing.”

Clinton contends that a letter sent by FBI director James B. Comey to Congress about the agency’s inquiry into her use of a private email server lost her the election.

But Becker said the difference in votes between Obama and Clinton may have been due to Obama’s “remarkable” ability to turn out voters. The president has been lauded for bringing people to the polls despite the fact the U.S. is ranked among the worst in developed nations in voter turnout, according to one analysis. And his takeaways from this year’s election are one of disenchantment among both Republicans and Democrats.

“I think there’s warning signs in both parties,” Becker said. “Obviously Democrats are losing votes and Republicans aren’t really building their base. The numbers they’re getting are holding pretty consistent. That should be troubling when the electorate is on the older side.”

Archived