Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New GM search

RichmondRedskin88

12 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

So were hire Jim Tomsula to be our DL coach and now we want to surpass the Niners from a few years ago with the worst offseason in NFL History. Tomsula is the plague.

What are you talking about? Tomsula is one of the best DLine coaches in the NFL. We should be lucky to have him. 

9 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

ESPN reporting the hire won't go down until after the draft

So the new "GM" would have to inherit Dan and Bruce's draft selections and free agent signings.

Wonderful.

They get to bring in the pieces while the new guy performs the maintenance.

1 minute ago, Riggo-toni said:

Hasn't Mayock been right a lot more often than Kiper over the last decade?

Anyone have any data on that?

Data doesn't matter. Snyder is operating in Damage Control Mode. He'll float a couple names and hire whichever scapegoat sparks the least outrage among the fans.

AKA the Jim Fassel Maneuver.

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Hasn't Mayock been right a lot more often than Kiper over the last decade?

Anyone have any data on that?

I don't have the data on it but I've found him to be honest.  He doesn't kiss up to players.  Kiper lost all respect after the Jimmy Clausen whiff. 

If we weren't owned by Snyder I'd favor Highsmith from GB.  Seems like they're always finding good players that I've never heard of. 

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

So the new "GM" would have to inherit Dan and Bruce's draft selections and free agent signings.

Wonderful.

How the hell else can it play out at this point? Would you rather wait until next year to  hire a GM? 

3 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Wonderful.

aint my way bro, just what ESPN is saying

28 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Mayock knows players but what is his connection to Allen?  I refuse to believe Bruce will share power with somebody competent that does not already owe him favors from back in Tampa.

I don't know if Mike Mayockhas any connections to Bruce Allen but I read him and Jay Gruden are friends.

Just now, fjblair said:

How the hell else can it play out at this point? Would you rather wait until next year to  hire a GM? 

Well, they could have started by firing SM last month and interviewing potential replacements the past 3 weeks and hiring one prior to free agency starting.  Thus allowing our new GM to be able to evaluate the free agents and have some input along with giving him some time to prepare for the upcoming NFL draft.  

But that would make sense and not allow Snyder and Bruce to screw up another draft and free agency.  It's been two years since they got to meddle in the draft, I'm sure they have been dying inside not being able to make any picks.

Is Mayock a respected personnel guy in league circles or seen as a media hack?

We should all know by now that whoever gets the title "GM" is not going to have final total control. Going to essentially be a Head of Scouting voice at the table. So evaluating candidates along through that lens.

Archived