Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New GM search

RichmondRedskin88

3 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'm trolling?   no way...I'll be the first to bash Snyder and Bruce if they deserve it......But I'm not going to be part of a lynch mob anytime the media creates a firestorm.

I don't see what the Dan and Bruce did wrong...except for terrible PR...and they really suck at PR...Tony Wylie should have been gone long ago.

Donald, you're a Skins fan?

Even if everything is true about Scott; why the **** do you go into the offseason with Scott.  If Scott was always drunk; you wait until the start of free agency to get rid of him? If you didn't like the moves he made, you wait until the start of free agency to fire him?

Nothing but pure incompetence  Bruce already proved he was a failure as GM.  If I were a free agent, I wouldn't sign a long term deal with the Skins.  If you can some money for 1 year, I'd do it.  Long Term, forget it. The team has no idea what it's doing.

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, he was fired last night, so....

I know.  It was supposed to say liked SM.  That's why I said this team os trying my patience.   I can't figure out what the front office is doing.  It's frustrating. 

I kind of agree with sp4l... if scot was too drunk to work, the yea, you got to go. Both djax and garçon got very top dollar, if we are gonna pay Kirk and still have money we can't afford them. Personally, I would have been ok overpaying for one of them, but not both. If they lock cousins to a long term contract all will be forgiven. 

Missing the combine was probably scots last straw.

It's kind of weird to see the deals that Garçon and Jackson got. Not that they are super shocking given expectations. But I think people thought Pryor would get a big deal. He didn't. People thought Alshon Jeffrey would get a big deal. He didn't (and apparently almost $5 million of his "$14 million salary are incentives). Even Brandon Marshall's contract is pretty reasonable (though there may be extenuating circumstances there). I think people in general over-estimated the WR market a bit. That seems something the GM (or whoever is in charge) got right here. So it's not all bad...

12 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

So the new "GM" would have to inherit Dan and Bruce's draft selections and free agent signings.

Wonderful.

They get to bring in the pieces while the new guy performs the maintenance.

Actually. They would be Scot's. As its to late to change everything you've done. The board Scot created is most likely being used for FA and the Draft. 

So.....Bruce will of course take full credit if we get a good draft and our FA turn out being good contributions. ?

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Even if everything is true about Scott; why the **** do you go into the offseason with Scott.  If Scott was always drunk; you wait until the start of free agency to get rid of him? If you didn't like the moves he made, you wait until the start of free agency to fire him?

Nothing but pure incompetence  Bruce already proved he was a failure as GM.  If I were a free agent, I wouldn't sign a long term deal with the Skins.  If you can some money for 1 year, I'd do it.  Long Term, forget it. The team has no idea what it's doing.

So let me get this straight.  You vilify (and rightly so) Dan and Allen because of past history but you give Scott a pass when his history shows a major drinking problem?  And as a result two other teams have fired him even when they benefited from his picks in the past?  What does that say to you?  

Take a step back and realize the medial loves to hate on Dan and Allen.  They love to hate on our name.  They love to point to dysfunction and at stupid decisions this team.  A few years ago it was, how stupid is the front office for spending money like a drunk sailor now its how cheap and jealous Allen is.  And in this situation, in our great new society where you need to be politically correct on how you say I am going to the bathroom because God forbid we offend someone that thinks taking a crap is a sin, the team gets vilified.  Supposedly you have other people on other team saying how terrible Scott was treaded.  Why because he thought he can be effective as a functioning alcoholic (Scott's words, "now I only drink beer mostly so I have the problem under control").

We will never know exactly how this thing went down.  Most will believe it was the ego of Allen and Dan that couldn't see Scottie succeed.  I tend to think Scottie was drinking heavily, coming into Redskins park drunk and finally the team said man go home and get yourself cleaned up.  Well he didn't and we cut bait.  I have no issue with that.  We don't know how much the team tried to help this guy, we don't know how much effort he put into it, but the bottom line is this is a multi-billion dollar organization and in the end the team is what matters not Scott.  And even if I don't have a great love of Allen, let give the dude at least a little credit, when he came in we were in CAP hell year after year.  At least he fixed that problem.

Mayock is my first choice because he is such a regular guy and loves Draftspeak.

But there is a gal ... on ESPN I think ... that specializes in analytics .... she is able to pick scores by analyzing historical data on her laptop, etc.

She is my second choice.

In the Skins' Org ... Dan/Bruce make all the $$$$ decisions ... and Jay has veto power over players ... so someone who just functions as a "chief player scout" would fit right in.  

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

And you have no idea what you are talking about! Apparently, enough was enough! They didn't care when! Scot hasn't been DOING HIS JOB FOR MONTHS! And they covered for his ***! Bruce lied! Yes, he did. You don't trash a player or FO personnel in front of the camera. 

18 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

So let me get this straight.  You vilify (and rightly so) Dan and Allen because of past history but you give Scott a pass when his history shows a major drinking problem?  And as a result two other teams have fired him even when they benefited from his picks in the past?  What does that say to you?  

Take a step back and realize the medial loves to hate on Dan and Allen.  They love to hate on our name.  They love to point to dysfunction and at stupid decisions this team.  A few years ago it was, how stupid is the front office for spending money like a drunk sailor now its how cheap and jealous Allen is.  And in this situation, in our great new society where you need to be politically correct on how you say I am going to the bathroom because God forbid we offend someone that thinks taking a crap is a sin, the team gets vilified.  Supposedly you have other people on other team saying how terrible Scott was treaded.  Why because he thought he can be effective as a functioning alcoholic (Scott's words, "now I only drink beer mostly so I have the problem under control").

We will never know exactly how this thing went down.  Most will believe it was the ego of Allen and Dan that couldn't see Scottie succeed.  I tend to think Scottie was drinking heavily, coming into Redskins park drunk and finally the team said man go home and get yourself cleaned up.  Well he didn't and we cut bait.  I have no issue with that.  We don't know how much the team tried to help this guy, we don't know how much effort he put into it, but the bottom line is this is a multi-billion dollar organization and in the end the team is what matters not Scott.  And even if I don't have a great love of Allen, let give the dude at least a little credit, when he came in we were in CAP hell year after year.  At least he fixed that problem.

They never were going to get the benefit of the doubt

18 hours ago, pcbothwel said:

What are you talking about? Tomsula is one of the best DLine coaches in the NFL. We should be lucky to have him. 

post had nothing to do with Tomsula's abilities as a DL coach. I am glad we have him. More to do with the Niners offseason of hell a few years ago that Snyder/Allen are trying to surpass that culminated in the hiring of Tomsula as HC. If I am Tomsula I wonder what I did to go through those things. Luckily it looks like he is being given some new pieces to work with on the DL.

2 hours ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Mayock is my first choice because he is such a regular guy and loves Draftspeak.

But there is gal ... on ESPN I think ... that specializes in analytics .... she is able to pick scores by analyzing historical data on her laptop, etc.

She is my second choice.

In the Skins' Org ... Dan/Bruce make all the $$$$ decisions ... and Jay has veto power over players ... so someone who just functions as a "chief player scout" would fit right in.  

This. This is why you are the "Dark Cloud". :ph34r:

17 hours ago, rick7423 said:

Mike Mayock has a promising career at ESPN, if he come to the Skins, he is essentially committing career suicide.

That seems to be the pattern.

Kill what career? A career on the NFL network?

1 hour ago, mike42 said:

Kill what career? A career on the NFL network?

I would bet it is more lucrative. He's not Jon Gruden on MNF or anything but it a a much easier, cushy job. And I guarantee you it's a more stable, safe career. 

The guy is not a football guy. He has NO experience. He's Matt Miller or Walterfootball with a larger platform because he got in on the draftnik craze earlier and used to have his own ideas. 

I can't even belive we're discussing this. It's a joke to even think about.

It's going to be Doug Williams, and Allen isn't going anywhere. 

But if I'm wrong, and we start from scratch with no Allen to taint the search...I would want a college personnel guy, not a pro personnel guy. 

Archived