Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The White Terrorism Thread

Gamebreaker

9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

The alleged plot mainly involved six conspirators unhappy in part about Whitmer's coronavirus restrictions, calling her a "tyrant." They wanted to create a "self-sufficient" society free from what they called unconstitutional state governments and discussed plans to storm the Capitol and take hostages, according to FBI documents filed in court. 

I'm not a Constitutional scholar, but I'm fairly certain that state governments are included in the US Constitution. In fact, I could have sworn that self-described "conservatives" used to be all about states' rights...

And they wanted to create a "self-sufficient" society. So are they now the world's most heavily armed hippies too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Oh boy, they’re leaning into “economic anxiety” again...

I've got waaaayyy too many comments for this. 

They're way too broad, on both sides, I **** you not. 

For example: "I'm a proud American!  Come take my land, I dare ya!" down to "This is what I live around, come help me!"

If you spout trump nonsense, you can get to a library & get to the truth.  You CHOOSE not to.

From the above story,(there's more there from the Sheriff). 

FOX 17 spoke with Sheriff Leaf Thursday night.

“I haven't read everything up on it, I've got other duties to do, it wasn't our investigation. I was shocked, did not see this coming with those guys, but still we can't convict them in the media here, they do have a right to a fair trial,” Leaf said.

Leaf says he doesn’t know of Null’s alleged involvement in the plot and doesn’t have any regrets about being on stage with him.

“Do you have any regrets about being on stage, sharing a stage with a guy who’s now being charged in a plot to kidnap the governor?” asked FOX 17’s Aaron Parseghian.

“It’s just a charge, and they say a 'plot to kidnap' and you got to remember that. Are they trying to kidnap? Because a lot of people are angry with the governor, and they want her arrested. So are they trying to arrest or was it a kidnap attempt? Because you can still in Michigan if it's a felony, make a felony arrest,” Leaf said.

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Oh boy, they’re leaning into “economic anxiety” again...

I do dislike the "economic anxiety drove Trump supporters" trope, when multiple separate studies independently showed that it was more about racial animosity and fear than anything economic.

That being said, I read this guy's whole tweet thread and I don't think that's really what he's saying. I think he does have a valid point about people who are extremely economically disadvantaged being more susceptible to radicalization and recruitment into terrorist types of groups. You can see a lot of the same thing in other parts of the world as well as in more urban areas of extreme poverty with gangs, etc. 

Obviously that's not excusing any of it, but I think it's a worthwhile conversation to have from a much larger perspective (extreme rural poverty, extreme urban poverty, and their effects on the people who live there). 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man tied to white-supremacist group suspected of planning violence at Va. gun rights rally gets 5-year sentence

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/guilty-plea-base-gun-rally/2020/12/08/2c31bb46-367d-11eb-b59c-adb7153d10c2_story.html

One of three men charged with plotting violence at a Virginia gun rights rally pleaded guilty Tuesday and was sentenced to five years in federal prison in what prosecutors said was a scheme by white supremacists to spark a “race war” by shooting “unsuspecting civilians and police officers” during the demonstration.

The defendant, William G. Bilbrough IV, was arrested by FBI agents after he and two others allegedly plotted to kill people at random at the January rally in Richmond, hoping to ignite what one of them purportedly called a “full-blown civil war.”

Although authorities described the scheme as potential “domestic terrorism,” there is no federal statute dealing specifically with domestic terrorism. Bilbrough, 20, of Maryland, was charged with five felony counts of transporting and harboring an alien, meaning one of his co-defendants, who had entered the country illegally from Canada.

#patriots

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Lone wolf actors post greatest domestic terror threat, FBI, DHS conclude

A joint report released Friday by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) warns that lone wolf actors pose the greatest terror threat as incidents of domestic extremism steadily rise.

“The greatest terrorism threat to the homeland we face today is posed by lone offenders, often radicalized online, who look to attack soft targets with easily accessible weapons. Many of these violent extremists are motivated and inspired by a mix of socio-political goals and personal grievances against their targets,” the two agencies wrote. 

The report was released shortly after a DHS bulletin warning that easing COVID-19 restrictions could provide new opportunities for domestic extremists to carry out attacks, while grievances about vaccines and racial justice demonstrations have fueled ideologically motivated violent extremists.

The report found 2019 “represented the most lethal year” for domestic violent extremist attacks since 1995, the year the Oklahoma City bombing killed more than 160 people.

The two departments particularly highlighted the risks of white nationalists who are relying on “gamification...using fatality counts in attacks are referred to as ‘scores’” to motivate potential attackers.

“Widely disseminated propaganda on online forums and encrypted chat applications that espouse similar themes regarding kill counts could inspire future attackers to mobilize faster or attempt increasingly lethal and more sophisticated attacks,” the report states.

Click on the link for the full article

• 3 weeks later...

Prepper Busted With 32 Bombs—and Rants About ‘Antifa’

When police showed up at Paul William Ryan’s property in Arizona, they found 32 pipe bombs. Ryan warned them they’d find some of his writings about antifa, survivalism, and “corruption.”

Court documents obtained by The Daily Beast show that the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force in Phoenix obtained a search warrant for Ryan’s phone numbers and mobile data after local police found dozens of explosive devices on his property in March.

Ryan's alleged pipe bomb collection and political rants came to the attention of the feds because of an argument over money at his property in Vernon, according to court records.  Federal agents wrote that Ryan had a falling out with two men, described as "ranch hands," after he raised the rent on the trailer space leased to them.  The rent hike prompted the two men to leave and when one went looking to recover a tool he had loaned Ryan, he claimed to have seen pipe bombs stashed in ammunition cans inside Ryan's trailer and quickly phoned the police.

• 2 weeks later...

White House unveils strategy to battle domestic extremism

The White House unveiled its plan for addressing domestic terrorism on Tuesday, rolling out a strategy that set goals and acknowledged challenges as much as it outlined specific steps for combating a growing threat. 

The strategy includes a call to bolster law enforcement partnerships and stem extremist recruitment paired with elements deemed more essential after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, including better analysis of social media and programs to boost civics education and battle disinformation.

It also touches on other priorities from President Biden, echoing previous calls for gun control in order to address mass shootings.

“We cannot ignore this threat or wish it away. Preventing domestic terrorism and reducing the factors that fuel it demand a multifaceted response across the federal government and beyond,” Biden wrote in the strategy’s opening.

The plan follows a March report from the intelligence community ordered on Biden’s first day in office that determined white supremacists and militia groups are the greatest domestic terror threat.