Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The White Terrorism Thread

Gamebreaker

I said the next time another white man terrorized a person of color I was making this thread. If I am anything, it's a man of my word. 

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/fbi-aids-in-investigation-into-shooting-of-sikh-man-in-kent/

"The FBI is helping the Kent Police Department investigate the shooting of a Sikh man who claims his assailant told him to “go back to your own country.”

I guess we can start putting all the "white men terrorist attacks against American citizens" stories here, by the way things have been going it should be several pages soon. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
Title
  • Like 3

Might as well add this one to the mix: "Indian-origin businessman shot dead in the US" (this is a different incident than the Kansas shooting)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/us-canada-news/indian-origin-businessman-shot-dead-in-the-us/articleshow/57462656.cms

What I don't understand is:

1) Why isn't the US media covering this more (including the "liberal" outlets)

2) Why aren't white people turning in members of their community before they commit these incidents? (ok that was sarcastic)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

1) Why isn't the US media covering this more (including the "liberal" outlets)

Well, I did just see a reference to the Kent shooting on the crawl on MSNBC...  (sarcasm return):ols:

They're too busy freaking out over Trump's latest tweets about something that didn't happen to freak out about what actually did.

• Like 1

Overwhelmingly the "media"(sic) is a windsock, they go with prevailing trends/opinions (perceived or otherwise) and a lot of them are looking more at their ratings and job prospects than they are at reporting in any sense of the word.

Not bashing them, I get where they're coming from. They are under attack and going into survival mode but I am still thankful that we have so many more sources of information now that just three network newcasts.

IMO we are on the cusp of a golden age, a new generation of journalists and reporters that may break out of the restraints imposed by bottom line MBAers in the infotainment industry.

And on a personal note, the attacks on Sikhs pisses me off mightily, they are just great people by and large.

• Like 4

Maybe I'm being melodramatic. But I feel inside a whole different level of this story—I live in an area where I could be a potential target. Reading this story on over the weekend, did it change my behavior? Sure it did. After the election, I wondered if someone was going to spray paint a swastika on the side of my house. What would I do? How do you explain that to your 3 and 6 year old? Do you leave it up and kinda let it sink in to your neighbors? Or do you take it down immediately. But now, seems like a painted swastika could be the least of my problems. I used to go to the local bars and have a beer, but I don't think I'll be doing that anymore. It's a strange world now—maybe my radar is just up but when I walk into certain places I feel the stares are different than they were in the past. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Maybe I'm being melodramatic. But I feel inside a whole different level of this story—I live in an area where I could be a potential target. Reading this story on over the weekend, did it change my behavior? Sure it did. After the election, I wondered if someone was going to spray paint a swastika on the side of my house. What would I do? How do you explain that to your 3 and 6 year old? Do you leave it up and kinda let it sink in to your neighbors? Or do you take it down immediately. But now, seems like a painted swastika could be the least of my problems. I used to go to the local bars and have a beer, but I don't think I'll be doing that anymore. It's a strange world now—maybe my radar is just up but when I walk into certain places I feel the stares are different than they were in the past. 

Same here, though I've already had run ins with people like that in the past anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, visionary said:

There's also a white supremacist angle to this.

This reminds me of a lot of murders of young black men in the south. Foremost in my mind, is the 12 year old boy who was brutally murdered because a white woman said he made an indecent comment towards her. She's now 80+ years old and is just now publicly admitting that she lied. 

• Like 3

On 3/22/2017 at 0:25 PM, visionary said:

Read that he apparently walked up to a black man with intent but then didnt do anything a day or so before he killed the black gentleman. 

Random acts of violence scare me the most. You cant really protect your family from random attacks. 

I cant imagine what the guy who almost got killed is thinking now. To know that you were a few seconds away from random murder by sword.   

Edit - is this thread really just exclusively for criminal acts by white ppl only?? disagree with the entire intent of this thread and wished i didnt even post in here. Unnecessary race baiting crap but I guess extremes from any group needs to satisfy their confirmation bias itch. List crimes by white ppl so ppl who dont like white ppl can feel vindicated. Great idea. Lets do this for every category. 

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?

10 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

This reminds me of a lot of murders of young black men in the south. Foremost in my mind, is the 12 year old boy who was brutally murdered because a white woman said he made an indecent comment towards her. She's now 80+ years old and is just now publicly admitting that she lied. 

Thats awful

19 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Edit - is this thread really just exclusively for criminal acts by white ppl only?? disagree with the entire intent of this thread and wished i didnt even post in here. Unnecessary race baiting crap but I guess extremes from any group needs to satisfy their confirmation bias itch. List crimes by white ppl so ppl who dont like white ppl can feel vindicated. Great idea. Lets do this for every category. 

Not really. This thread was not about ALL crimes committed by white people, but specifically about terrorist acts (mass shootings, bombings,etc,.) that are universally called "a terrorist attack" by anyone who isn't a white American, but our government and media keep mischaracterizing terrorist acts by white people as random unfortunate incidents that have zero correlation to any other previous incident. Check the statistics, if this country has a terrorist problem, it is happening with more frequency by people who were born here, are pining away for "better times", and more likely by white males. This thread is a counter to the notion that we apparently have one race in this country that can commit the same act as another race, but not get any of the labels that go along with it. It isn't race baiting to acknowledge and speak out about prejudice and racism. 

Maybe you should wait for a response to your question on the intent of the thread, before launching into an unverified condemnation of the topic that you don't quite understand. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Not really. This thread was not about ALL crimes committed by white people, but specifically about terrorist acts (mass shootings, bombings,etc,.) that are universally called "a terrorist attack" by anyone who isn't a white American, but our government and media keep mischaracterizing terrorist acts by white people as random unfortunate incidents that have zero correlation to any other previous incident. Check the statistics, if this country has a terrorist problem, it is happening with more frequency by people who were born here, are pining away for "better times", and more likely by white males. This thread is a counter to the notion that we apparently have one race in this country that can commit the same act as another race, but not get any of the labels that go along with it. It isn't race baiting to acknowledge and speak out about prejudice and racism. 

Maybe you should wait for a response to your question on the intent of the thread, before launching into an unverified condemnation of the topic that you don't quite understand. 

its your thread Gamebreaker 

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?

6 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Using statistics to support the notion that one race is more inclined to commit a crime and then using that statistic to paint the entire demographic .... Ive seen this argument a zillion times. I do not like broad brushes when it comes to race or demographics. I dont like it when homophobes try to use stats to prove gays are pedophiles, I dont like it when racists try to use stats to prove POC are criminals ... and I dont like the reverse juxtaposition you are doing here. 

its your thread Gamebreaker and I hope your right, I do hope I dont quite understand what your trying to do here.   

I am not stereotyping a demographic here. Let me try this again: What I've stated before, and the statistics I've seen is not an indictment on all white males. Not even the majority. But when it comes to specifically terrorist incidents, we are more likely to get a Dylann Roof than a brown skinned Muslim. 

So if this thread has evolved into just posting links to white crimes, that isn't what I intended. It was specifically for the stories like the Sikh man who was killed because the Trump supporter thought he was Iranian. Or how the Trump Administration has forced a department that tracked terrorists groups to stop considering the KKK a terrorist groups. 

• Like 2

i get that we dont tend to call the dylan roof types 'terrorists' (even though i think they unarguably are) and i was trying to put my finger on why that is. in my lifetime, we've had white terrorist groups like the IRA and i think they were called terrorists, but its been a bit since i've heard anything about them.

as far as the term and its usage today, i think it is almost always associated with al quaeda or isis. i dont know if its a white/brown thing or how much thats a part of it, but i do think that part of is that there either isnt a group quite like the IRA in terms a organized violence these days or, to gamebreakers point about media, if there is, we just arent hearing about it. neo nazi groups exist, obviously, but i dont know how many of them are actually planning things like suicide bombings as opposed to true lone wolf type events that we see. still terrorism, still awful, just not the big, organized, group type of terrorism. 

as far as statistics and who is the cause of the most incidents or the cause of the most total deaths, i think part if that depends on how the events are being classified, or who is doing the classifying. if you count the orlando shooter as a jihadist/islamist, for example,then it skews the stats one way. if the fort hood shooter is classified as 'work place violence', same thing.

another issue with the stats and trying to determine what the bigger threat is, is taking into account how many terrorist acts are foiled before they happen. i think i had read that there were 69 islamist terrorist plots that were stopped before they happened since 9/11. that should count when assessing which kind of terrorism is 'worse' (which sounds bad, since its all obviously bad). as far as how many racist/nationalist nazi type plots have been foiled, i havent found yet, but i'd be interested to know.

I see what you mean, grego, and I agree. That's the problem with relying on statistics or potentially getting data from biased sources, you often don't know how that data is gathered and what they may be ignoring. Foiled terrorist plots should be counted, as they still represent a threat to society since the mindset and the determination by that group is still there. If it's not being counted that should be corrected. 

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening in the future unless it's specifically only counting Muslim terror groups. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I see what you mean, grego, and I agree. That's the problem with relying on statistics or potentially getting data from biased sources, you often don't know how that data is gathered and what they may be ignoring. Foiled terrorist plots should be counted, as they still represent a threat to society since the mindset and the determination by that group is still there. If it's not being counted that should be corrected. 

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening in the future unless it's specifically only counting Muslim terror groups. 

Now now, it's not just Muslims

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/donald-trump-voice-victim-reporting/