Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

10 hours ago, brandymac27 said:

I know right? Somebody on Twitter said that maybe there's more at stake than just jail time. They thought maybe he's afraid for his or his families lives. I have no clue how I feel about that, but nothing else makes much sense. 

That's exactly my thinking. He knows that Russian mobsters can get to his family.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Honestly that might be an accurate description when you know that he will tell you the lies you feed to him. It’s kinda funny how this is playing out. 

I can't see the examples or the account of Mueller setting up Manafort so that his lawyer feeds Trump's lawyers false information.  I've looked through the articles posted.  Are we speculating that's what happened, or has someone actually reported that's the case? 

32 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I can't see the examples or the account of Mueller setting up Manafort so that his lawyer feeds Trump's lawyers false information.  I've looked through the articles posted.  Are we speculating that's what happened, or has someone actually reported that's the case? 

All speculation at this point 

38 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

its all speculation, but Manafort wasn't giving an order to not communicate to outside counsel like Gates and Flynn were.

37 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's apparently legal to lie to suspects when questioning them, at least it's presented that way on the TV shows. Whether that's actually true IRL, I don't know.

My FIL was a judge, and spent time as a prosecutor, and he was telling me a story about this over Thanksgiving. He said it is legal, and talked about how an officer got a suspect to "confess" by telling him he had his fingerprints all over the point of entry at a crime scene. The suspect said,  "I know you don't have my fingerprints because I wore gloves.", and that statement was used against him. No idea if it's actually a true story, but he says it was.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

It's speculation, and the theory isn't that Mueller is feeding Trump false information, it's that Mueller knew Manafort was informing Team Trump of how their interviews were going so Mueller did not let on that he knew Manafort was lying.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I don't know what to make of the Guardian story on Manafort and Assange, but it does seem sort of weird that Manafort met with the Ecuadorian President in 2017:

https://apnews.com/1577524551b04e90a41c62e4162ba2a3

Manafort has connections to Putin

Assange has connections to Putin

Ecuador was housing Assange

Put them together.

(also Assange and Manafort were on the same episode of Meet the Press back in 2016)

15 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Manafort has connections to Putin

Assange has connections to Putin

Ecuador was housing Assange

Put them together.

(also Assange and Manafort were on the same episode of Meet the Press back in 2016)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Manafort meeting with Ecuadorian pres is odd only because Manafort was “not working for” the Trump admin at the time.....but this secret meeting sends strong indication that wasn’t true, right? Or is there something I’m missing? 

Just trying to to keep my facts straight. Lots of news in the last few days.

13 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/418600-manaforts-attorney-relayed-info-about-mueller-investigation-to-trump?fbclid=IwAR2ONmmnPtm_IhG8i1JMztWHDUQ42M10ind4oif1aNKTHV1hl-CjucnWLnQ

Seems to support the theory that Trump may have lied to match Manafort's story, a story which Mueller knew was a lie all along.

Obviously Mueller is smarter than the rest of us mere mortals. I remember lots of speculation as to why Mueller would take written answers in the first place. It did seem odd at the time, but now makes total sense. As of now, it appears to be a genius move on Mueller's part. The next few months are going to be a wild ride. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Manafort meeting with Ecuadorian pres is odd only because Manafort was “not working for” the Trump admin at the time.....but this secret meeting sends strong indication that wasn’t true, right? Or is there something I’m missing? 

Just trying to to keep my facts straight. Lots of news in the last few days.

He wasn't working with Trump in 2017, but he was an informal advisor.

Also remember this article from last month:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/oct/17/julian-assange-ecaudor-russia-moscow-embassy-documents

They were trying to get Assange to Russia.

Per speculations that there may have been provisions/thoughts Mueller and co has had about such a likelihood as manafort "leaking"---that the nature/characteristics of these sketchy-to-criminal trumpworld players are pretty well-known among the general public, let alone more informed government investigator-type folks should be a given.

And to that point, keep in mind that Mueller's team includes the best of the fbi's counter intelligence operations and contacts to similarly expert operatives in our other national security agencies. I avoid too much speculation, but I do think it's unlikely that Muller's team would be blindsided by such an occurrence and had proceeded in a way that made their case really vulnerable to such an obvious potential event as a slimeball/liar like manafort (or stone etc.) double-dealing. It's possible they were, but I'm skeptical.

If Mueller was smart, he would have purposely leaked some stuff to Manafort (and others) and then maybe use a few of the questions for Trump that coincide with the info he provided to Manafort to see if it would find it's way back to Trump.   I mean it is interesting that the report about Manafort breaking his plea deal agreement came after Trump "answered the questions all by myself, no help"

• Like 1

I mean I wouldn't say it is outside the realm of possibility that Trump's cabinet, aides, administration members view him as just a big of an idiot as the public does, and basically told him to go sit in the corner and tweet nonsense while they "handle things"  I still don't buy that Trump would have had zero clue about anything going on at all, but I am willing to buy he wasn't playing an active part in it. 

• Like 1

I just wanna see Schiff get that blocked # that Mushroom Jr called right after the Trump Tower meeting.  Because if Trump Jr. called daddy right after that meeting on his unlisted number....and Daddy wrote in response to Mueller's questions that he didn't know about it, our President lied to federal investigators. 

Remember:  Many close to Trump said that his Trump Tower office phone is unlisted.....

5 weeks and counting 'til Schiff can go to work...

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I mean I wouldn't say it is outside the realm of possibility that Trump's cabinet, aides, administration members view him as just a big of an idiot as the public does, and basically told him to go sit in the corner and tweet nonsense while they "handle things"  I still don't buy that Trump would have had zero clue about anything going on at all, but I am willing to buy he wasn't playing an active part in it. 

Also take into account how desperately Don Jr. seems to crave Papa Trump's approval. Even IF (and that's a yuuuuuuuuge "if") Trump somehow wasn't directly involved in the run up planning to the meeting, I see almost no way in hell that Jr. didn't insist on letting him know about it so he could get the elusive "well done" from dad.