Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Trump has no idea what Mueller knows, hence why he says shook things like this.

I would think the President has access to some inside information through his lawyers, Sessions, and friendly members of the agencies. Plus he knows what he has done and presumably what his subordinates did. The concession that he wrote the initial response to the questions about the Trump tower meeting suggests his lawyers knew the denial of that was no longer tenable. With the knowledge of the January letter you can look at the departures of people like Hope Hicks afterwards in a different light.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I’m sure that someone has posted this before but Trump is totally going to try and delegitimize the mid term elections.

He's been laying groundwork for that now. The more he says "witch hunt" the more they'll show up to support him. The right will make impeachment an issue so dems have to answer the questions. Trump won't be able to handle that the reason the House and/or Senate may have flipped is an indictment on him. His thin skin can't handle that and he will do what he can to prevent it from happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I’m sure that someone has posted this before but Trump is totally going to try and delegitimize the mid term elections.

I've had this suspicion and said so more than a few times. 
he's been laying the groundwork since he started campaigning for 2016... the natural progression of a despot.

By 2020, I fully expect his crew to try and rig it completely. We'll get one of those dictatorship results with something like an 88% landslide with a mandate to name himself President for Life by 2024.

I have little optimism left that there will be another peaceful transfer of power.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

I've had this suspicion and said so more than a few times. 
he's been laying the groundwork since he started campaigning for 2016... the natural progression of a despot.

By 2020, I fully expect his crew to try and rig it completely. We'll get one of those dictatorship results with something like an 88% landslide with a mandate to name himself President for Life by 2024.

I have little optimism left that there will be another peaceful transfer of power.

~Bang

I keep meaning to post this in the "society playing out" thread, but basically the future of the Post-WWII world order will be determined by what happens here in the US.  Best case scenario, GOP loses bigly and Trump resigns/gets tossed from office, and we fix the myriad of problems we've created with our allies over the past year and a half.

Worst case is that gerrymandering, suppression, and some help from special foreign "friends" keeps Trump and the GOP in power, resulting in total collapse of all our alliances; diplomatic, military, and trade.

If we go that route we'll be totally screwed and society will probably not play out that well.

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

The concession that he wrote the initial response to the questions about the Trump tower meeting suggests his lawyers knew the denial of that was no longer tenable.

Neither is "no collusion".  But he keeps using it anyway.  

I think part of the reason is because he's intentionally surrounded himself with advisers of wildly differing level of qualifications.  Who then give him wildly differing advice.  (Which is too complicated for him to follow, anyway.)  So he (half) listens to the storm of incoming information, and picks which phrases he likes, and goes with that.  

And one of the advisers, one that he trusts most, is Fox & Friends.  So, if Fox and Hannity and crew pretend like they believe "no collusion", then Trump thinks it's a valid defense, and it's working.  

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Fam, I said it right after the 2016 election.

His goal is to end elections.

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I would think the President has access to some inside information through his lawyers, Sessions, and friendly members of the agencies. Plus he knows what he has done and presumably what his subordinates did. The concession that he wrote the initial response to the questions about the Trump tower meeting suggests his lawyers knew the denial of that was no longer tenable. With the knowledge of the January letter you can look at the departures of people like Hope Hicks afterwards in a different light.

He doesn't. If he finds out anything, its a day or two before the media reports.

Mueller is far ahead of everyone.

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

No ish. These guys acting like they just discovered this Administration is not truthful. Next they'll be finding out 3 million people didn't vote illegally.

The replies are pretty amazing. From "welcome to reality" to "its a small lie and not a big deal" 

I'm not sure what there is in any of Trump's behavior that will lead anyone to believe he will willingly walk out.

I can see it if he gets two terms as a possibility.. but if he loses in 20 i don't. and if they impeach him i sure as hell don't, I fully expect that stupid SOB to barricade himself in the residence behind a wall of KFC buckets.

~Bang

• Haha 2

I'm not issuing this as a haughty challenge, but actually very legitimately.

We now have an admission that the POTUS lied about crafting a statement to help cover up a meeting some of his family had (which at this time we don't know if he knew of) with a foreign agent who was offering help in an election, a meeting which Don Jr was excited to attend.

The crafting of the statement could be considered obstruction, and the lie itself to the public is pretty bad.

Does anyone feel like, if this had happened in another administration; the meeting, the coverup, the obstruction, the lies; that the aftermath of this series of events wouldn't be impeachment or resignation?

Like this is right up there with the biggest presidential scandals of all time, and while sometimes you have a scapegoat, like in the Plame situation, in this one there is nothing between the President and the scandal.

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'm not issuing this as a haughty challenge, but actually very legitimately.

We now have an admission that the POTUS lied about crafting a statement to help cover up a meeting some of his family had (which at this time we don't know if he knew of) with a foreign agent who was offering help in an election, a meeting which Don Jr was excited to attend.

The crafting of the statement could be considered obstruction, and the lie itself to the public is pretty bad.

Does anyone feel like, if this had happened in another administration; the meeting, the coverup, the obstruction, the lies; that the aftermath of this series of events wouldn't be impeachment or resignation?

Like this is right up there with the biggest presidential scandals of all time, and while sometimes you have a scapegoat, like in the Plame situation, in this one there is nothing between the President and the scandal.

Relax. We're not talking about a tan suit here. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Really, if this was any Democrat, we'd be in the midst of impeachment hearings.

I am holding out hope for death by natural causes from all that junk he eats. No way he's healthy.

There's a ridiculously long list of things Trump has done that would have gotten pretty much any other prez -- dem or GOP -- impeached/forced to resign.

And yeah, Trump is getting fatter by the day. So is Rudy. Maybe they both ate Melania?

• Haha 5

Exactly. Any iota of any day of this clown show would have led to pitchforks in the streets. Especially with 44.

What some of the “why won’t the libs stop being hysterical” crowd seem not to realize is that it really is about basic political norms and the Constitution. Yes, the policies are ghastly, yes the xenophobia is real, but what’s fundamentally so alarming is the utter contempt for truthfulness and procedural transparency. And what’s worse is the GOP’s enabling of it all.