Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

I kind of figured this memo was a lot of nothing when it was released on a Friday afternoon. If you want something to blow up the media cycle and to have everyone's attention all week you don't release it on Friday. That's the day for the worthless news dump. I suspect Trump and his crew knew this was D.O.A. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zoony said:

Dang, conservatives are smoking hot

Smoking hot and totally wrong. This partisan memo itself discredits this talking point. 

The investigation started when a Trump campaign associate bragged in public to foreign diplomats that he’s communicating with Russia on behalf of the Trump campaign to acquire dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The GOP could be 100% right about civil rights abuses. All they have to do is declassify the FISA applications used to obtains a surveillance warrant against Carter Page.

Without that document disclosed, this memo is utterly useless.

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

They can spin this story because everyone who believes it is dumb. 

Carter Page in their narrative has shifted from a nobody to super important at their pleasure. 

So next week's Trump drama is going to be why he was so in favor of transparency before, but now he won't allow the release of the opposing Dem memo, right?

How can someone be so chaotic yet so predictable?  Other than my 2 year old.

Just now, Llevron said:

Shes not even that hot.

Was trying to avoid nudes on my work computer. :)

Edited by PleaseBlitz

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Here come the leaks.

Great job on thrusting Carter Page onto the national scene. 

Guaranteed by next week he is going to be a coffee boy intern again.

As someone already mentioned that 4 separate judges reviewed the applications tells us nothing about what was in the applications. 

the one bit in the memo about exerts from a yahoo news story(that was Steele sourced) to bolster credibility is a bit troubling.

1 minute ago, twa said:

As someone already mentioned that 4 separate judges reviewed the applications tells us nothing about what was in the applications. 

Well that’s part of the problem isn’t it. No one can attest to the accuracy of this memo because it’s describing things barely anyone has access to. 

It’s a useless document until it’s accompanied in transparency by the underlying documents it’s based on. 

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So next week's Trump drama is going to be why he was so in favor of transparency before, but now he won't allow the release of the opposing Dem memo, right?

How can someone be so chaotic yet so predictable?  Other than my 2 year old.

It's the nature of unpredictability itself. You can always count on crazy. It never let's you down.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think people are looking past the reason for the memo.  It was never meant to be anything other than a talking point.  

The memo exists as an excuse for Trump to fire Rosenstein and ultimately replace him with somebody who can fire Mueller.  

I do think that Trump is pissing in the wrong pool.  Not sure he wants to go to full out war with the intelligence community.  This is gonna get worse before it gets better.  Sad times ahead.

• Like 3