Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

If this weren't such a serious issue with our nation at stake, it would be comical how incredibly inept the Trump guys are at being crooks. It's like a guy who robs a bank and leaves a trail of $100 bills leading right back to his house.

Reminds me of the Jon Mulaney bit about bank robbers in the 1930s and how it was so easy to get away with it that they would take credit for the robberies or even shoot their names into the wall with their machine guns lol. As long as they weren't still at the bank when the police arrived they had a 99% chance of getting away with it

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

My only question is for Republicans; how much is enough?

When it looks like it's going to cost them some power.  

(And so far, it hasn't.)  

Edited by Larry

I think we're left with two options. Either Trump is a man of his word and his affinity for Russia really is nothing more than him believing it to be in the best interest of the United States OR, Russia has a pee tape.

Occam's razor says........ pee tape. Somehow, Russia having the President of the United States caught in a pee tape is the more reasonable explanation here.

5 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I don't think Trump can pardon himself.  I know that's an open question atm, but I think the Supreme Court would rule against such a thing.  It would create an absurd result.

Further, anyone pardoned can be forced to testify without any need for immunity, what with self-incrimination off the table (so no 5th).

Could his power to pardon be problematic?  Sure, if it's deployed strategically.  But that requires Trump to know where and when to deploy it to most stymie the investigation.  He's also got to do it when there won't be backlash from the public.

I think he pardons everyone as soon as indictments start coming down (when public opinion won't matter anymore). I suspect he pardons himself, that power is challenged and gets sent to SCOTUS, but Pence issues his own pardon for Trump beforehand (while calling for national healing or some such nonsense). 

Trump is removed but nobody spends a day in jail after orchestrating a conspiracy with a foreign adversary to install a president.

27 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think we're left with two options. Either Trump is a man of his word and his affinity for Russia really is nothing more than him believing it to be in the best interest of the United States OR, Russia has a pee tape.

Occam's razor says........ pee tape. Somehow, Russia having the President of the United States caught in a pee tape is the more reasonable explanation here.

Im just not sure that's a strong enough item to blackmail with. His base doesn't care if he was peed on by Russian prostitutes. Theyd just bringg up Monica Lewinski and call it even. Actually they'd still say Bill was worse but regardless, nobody would care. 

Im not even sure I'd care. It's not like my opinion him as a person or a president could get any lower. 

And you can't remove him from office for it. It might be embarrassing for him and cause a meltdown that's about all 

26 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I think he pardons everyone as soon as indictments start coming down (when public opinion won't matter anymore). I suspect he pardons himself, that power is challenged and gets sent to SCOTUS, but Pence issues his own pardon for Trump beforehand (while calling for national healing or some such nonsense). 

Trump is removed but nobody spends a day in jail after orchestrating a conspiracy with a foreign adversary to install a president.

Say for example it goes down like this, What is the incentive for any candidate or party to play straight and not rig an election again if the party knows the even if it blows up in flames the Vp will just take over and they'd stay in power/presidency? 

Perhaps I am underestimating how badly this would impact the voters. Sadly I don't see it. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

30 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

^ Hysteria Bubble

Just upset that Hillary lost.

I'm so sick of these Trump sycophants who are so damn blind that they'll line up and eat **** because Faux News, Hannity, Rush, Trump all tell them it's aged kobe ribeyes.

It's like waking up one day and realizing 1/3 of the voting population is monumentally incapable of basic cognititive reasoning and thought.

They will scream that they were ignored, so in their temper tantrum they burned the house down just to win. And now because they convinced themselves that Trump was the right choice to burn the house down...NOTHING...he does will cause them to flinch because they've developed a highly tuned defense mechanism that will prevent them from admitting their error. That 1/3rd is a nation's worst nightmare because they are so committed to this worst possible reality that they will never be able to correct it themselves, as such they will continue to insist that they are right and that ANYONE who suggests otherwise is just jealous.

And if ANY of you 1/3rd are reading this yes, I mean you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

More likely is that Trump is simply a venal narcissist whose wealth depends on Russian funds and who thinks he is above the law.

Trump as President is like Spurrier coaching in the NFL - he wrongly believes that politicians and legal complications can be bought off or circumvented with the right mix of cash and intimidation. That works in the world of NY/NJ real estate, where corruption is legendary, but not so well when one faces the unlimited scrutiny of being POTUS.

Trump only cares about 3 things: money, attention, and subservient loyalty. Ethics have never been a concern.

His recovery from multiple bankruptcies had nothing to do with his business acumen; rather, it was his willingness to use his family name to launder cash for Russian oligarchs.

• Like 5

Sorry - I actually kind of like the ol' Ball Coach, and I'm rooting hard for him now since my Masters degree is from U of S Carolina. Replace Spurrier with Lou Holtz then.

My point was not to equate SOS with the bloated orangutan, but rather to illustrate how Trump has been clueless enough to falsely believe shenanigans that worked at one level would translate to success at the highest level.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Rohrabacher could be a Russian operative and nobody in the GOP is blinking. He's publicly giving reach-arounds to Wikileaks and Putin. 

It always amazes me when someone like him keeps getting reelected.