Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I dont like that CEOs are leaving the various advisory councils.  

We need folks like that in the circle now more than ever.

Do you really think Trump listens to anyone on these advisory circles? 

Or that he listens to advice from anyone in general.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2

Back to Visionary's last post...

Asking a question because I don't understand the legalese, but how can Trump dictate what is under the scope of the investigation? If they go beyond the scope of what Trump says is OK, does that mean he can fire Mueller with just cause? I find it weird Trump and his minions can dictate what is off limits.

• Like 1

Just now, Busch1724 said:

Asking a question because I don't understand the legalese, but how can Trump dictate what is under the scope of the investigation? If they go beyond the scope of what Trump says is OK, does that mean he can fire Mueller with just cause? I find it weird Trump and his minions can dictate what is off limits.

He can't dictate it, but being a free country he or his lawyers are free to tell them they are out of line.

tis just messaging, just as the leaks and such are.

Don't think he can directly fire Mueller, he can fire the guy that can fire Mueller though(assistant AG in this case)

21 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Trump can't really do that.  He thinks he can, but not really.  Mueller serves under Rosenstein, and only someone in Rosenstein's position can fire him.

Scope was set by Rosenstein: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3726381/Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.pdf

It's basically, Russia, and everything that pops up while investigating Russia.  There is very little that is actually outside the scope of that.  He'd probably have to dive into Trump's medical records before any eyebrows got raised.

If Mueller went beyond the scope Trump can't fire him, but he could dictate Rosenstein to fire him, and fire Rosenstein and replace him (and the next and next) until someone fires Mueller.

The thing is, all Trump's and Trump's lawyers' talks about scope are really just red meat to his base to get them to pre-judge the results of the investigation, and/or try and lay a foundation for Trump to fire him, even though one doesn't actually exist.  Mueller is a professional, he won't go beyond the scope, and if he thinks he's getting too close to the line, he'll do what he's required to do in 28 CFR 600.4(b) and consult with AG (or in this case Rosenstein bc AG is recused).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If Trump thinks his latest meltdown will distract Mueller and company, he's sadly mistaken.

Now that everyone is talking about how he thinks the white supremacists and Nazis got a bum rap, he will surely be able to further his agenda without the distraction of the Russia investigation.

9 minutes ago, visionary said:

Which one?

The only lawyer affiliated with Trump who I put any stock in is Cobb. He seems like he's trying to stay professional.  All his other lawyers are just doing Trump's bidding without really caring about Trump's best interests.