Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

13 hours ago, Burgold said:

In other words, I'll sign your stupid sanctions bill and then promptly ignore it. 

Well, now, I assume that the sanctions bill is in the form of a law.  It specifies things that aren't allowed, and punishments if they're done anyway.  

(I assume this because I'm not sure what other kinds of sanctions we could do.)  

And the President does have the authority to choose not to prosecute people for breaking laws.  including the authority to tell people that he won't prosecute them, if they break it.  

4 hours ago, Larry said:

And the President does have the authority to choose not to prosecute people for breaking laws.  including the authority to tell people that he won't prosecute them, if they break it.  

This, he cannot. He can pardon them before they are charged but not before the crime has been committed.

• Like 1

Seems pretty straightforward

Content Tweeted by Bots and Trolls

Last Updated August 3, 3:31 PM

Activity from 600 monitored Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations

Shows the top topics and hashtags and trends these bots linked to Russian propaganda use the most.

~Bang

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bang said:

Seems pretty straightforward

Content Tweeted by Bots and Trolls

Last Updated August 3, 3:31 PM

Activity from 600 monitored Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations

Shows the top topics and hashtags and trends these bots linked to Russian propaganda use the most.

~Bang

Part of what I was confused by is the web domains that they show. Are they tweeting links from those sites?

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Oh snap!!!

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Breaking News:  Mueller impanels Washington DC grand jury.

Granted, I'm playing in a field that I'm not really qualified for. But I assume this means he's found thing about SOMEBODY. But not about Trump. (I assume that, if he has a case against Trump, then he presents that information to Congress, not a Grand Jury.)

• Like 1

I don't have an account either but copied the WSJ link for credibility.

Here's a Daily Kos link explaining the WSJ article.

Basically, they are starting to put the case together for indictments.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/3/1686704/-WSJ-Mueller-impanels-a-grand-jury-as-Russia-probe-intensifies?detail=facebook

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1