Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

This is gonna be twa from now until the day before this whole thing ends:

You know he's furious that this isn't happening to a Dem. A real scandal unlike the phony ones the GOP drummed up for years... ooof

• Like 2

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

You know he's furious that this isn't happening to a Dem. A real scandal unlike the phony ones the GOP drummed up for years... ooof

I do believe twa to be a patriot, and he's gonna have issues with everyone (shoot, I'm looking back on 44 thinking some rather harsh things lately).  ooof, indeedy.

28 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I do believe twa to be a patriot, and he's gonna have issues with everyone (shoot, I'm looking back on 44 thinking some rather harsh things lately).  ooof, indeedy.

Agreed, but I don't remember his impatience with the Benghazi investigation.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/media/340292-russian-radio-takes-over-local-dc-station%3famp

Russian radio takes over local DC station

Russian radio takes over local DC station

GETTY IMAGES

BY MAX GREENWOOD  TWEET SHARE EMAIL

The Russian state-sponsored news outlet Sputnik is entering the Washington, D.C., radio market in an effort to push back against what it called "constant attacks" by U.S. media companies.

Sputnik Radio announced Friday that it has taken over 105.5 FM, which previously aired bluegrass music.

In a statement, Mindia Gavasheli, the editor-in-chief of Sputnik's D.C. bureau, accused U.S. news organizations of unfairly attacking and criticizing the news outlet, which is funded by the Russian government.

"We're glad to finally be able to directly address our listeners in Washington. During the last few months Sputnik Radio has become the target of constant attacks in the US corporate media," Gavasheli said. "And often the people who wrote or spoke about us didn't even bother to listen to our broadcasts first."

Cool. Soviet propaganda on our own airwaves!

what could possibly be Un-American about that?

Spineless White House. Vlad's weak little ****es.

Rot America from the inside...  which, by the by, is a tool used by the Soviets to foster communist revolts in countries in central america once upon a time.

But hey,, if it's good enough for them, amiright?

It's those dark immigrants who come here to 'work' that subvert us.

~Bang

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, twa said:

Burgold going into radio now?

:kiss-smileys:

Nope. Left VOR 4 years ago because they took a bad turn. When they started out the DC bureau it was pretty pure. Things began going really badly after Ukraine. In fact, they closed our bureau because there were too many reporters there. They changed management, mission, and even the name.

I was proud of the science reporting I did with Prism. What they are doing now is dreadful. It's Breitbart, FOX News level stuff.

Edit: On a pure level, I have nothing against foreign journalism broadcast here. BBC is the easiest example, but we also have French TV, Al Jahzeera, and most other voices. The question the viewer needs to keep in mind is what value do you get from listening to an alternate point of view (another country's perspective) vs. what is that country selling.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

BY MAX GREENWOOD  TWEET SHARE EMAIL

The Russian state-sponsored news outlet Sputnik is entering the Washington, D.C., radio market in an effort to push back against what it called "constant attacks" by U.S. media companies.

Sputnik Radio announced Friday that it has taken over 105.5 FM, which previously aired bluegrass music.

In a statement, Mindia Gavasheli, the editor-in-chief of Sputnik's D.C. bureau, accused U.S. news organizations of unfairly attacking and criticizing the news outlet, which is funded by the Russian government.

"We're glad to finally be able to directly address our listeners in Washington. During the last few months Sputnik Radio has become the target of constant attacks in the US corporate media," Gavasheli said. "And often the people who wrote or spoke about us didn't even bother to listen to our broadcasts first."

Dang.

I am now seeing parallels between Russian propaganda and the Trump administration. (As opposed to the other way around). 

My husband has been working on his truck all day...we've pulled all the seats and carpet out, cleaning and searching for where a leak is coming from...we're both exhausted...these last two posts made the day.  Both of us were roaring laughing. 

Mmeehh...good times.:ols:

• Like 1